It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Seems as though they can turn our own tools against us.....

Let me elaborate, over the past two weeks the theology department of ATS has become a land of the non sensical and the bored.

Right now there are 8 different threads up pertaining to a littany of irrational topics.

Look at Hamilton, or They See All, they are members who are either A. Off their rockers or B. Spamming the Boards.

So I think there exists a conspiracy, "lets turn off people to ATS by creating a torrent of theological crap"

Now granted the thread about proving the bibles inconsitancies are consitant is an excellent thread, my hats off to those of you who like it.

But my point is, whos in charge of the damn thread? Shouldnt it be policed a little more than it has been lately, and why are topics that are theological in nature "Jesus was black" why are they in the Mudpit where Colonel can have free reign to use petty swears and insults, our purpose hear is to creat intelligent debate not board spam and nasty arguments.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I definately agree. I think this problem is partially caused by how many new members are joining, and post their theories and such before reading over old topics, and using the "search" feature to see what has aready been said.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Brittany]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Or maybe the senior members have not contrived any respectable threads.

Jesus threads have been the trend of late, but that could be due to the release of " Passion ". I mean that was the point of the movie, to spark interest once again on Christianity.

Deep

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree. I've noticed this but havent said anything cause i'm a wuss. Good job.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Or maybe the senior members have not contrived any respectable threads.

Jesus threads have been the trend of late, but that could be due to the release of " Passion ". I mean that was the point of the movie, to spark interest once again on Christianity.

Deep

Well I agree that is the probable cause but these jesus arguments for the most part, are irrelevant, what has being gay got to do with jesus, he wasnt, end of the issue, granted jesus race is debatable but it shouldnt be in the mudpit.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think that forum staff are doing a fine job of keeping everything undercontrol. And to stop people from posting what they want (As long as it stays within the rules, and stays on topic) would be just like a one man patriot act. Don't get me wrong, I hate SPAM, but I certainly don't feel it's the case here on ATS.

J.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some of the things that have been posted lately, have been so absolutely ridiculous that the only possible explanation is that some of these members are "trolls" posting up bs conspiracies to clutter up the board, or just mess with people...

link   
I think the Hamilton person has been hit with the BIG hammer, Colonel is being the Colonel, and no I don't think there is a conspiracy to turn people off.

I think its a slow news period along with the mods tightening up on the other forums thats driving the cell challenged to find religion.

link   
When I first started coming to ATS, (Before I even joined) I would find it alot easier to read through threads and get something out of almost every single one. Now it seems I have to sift through piles of threads to find something worth reading.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BUT...she says

This happens about every 3 months.

Once you are here long enough you will watch a cycle. There will be a spell where there is a flood of religious/spiritual posts.

Then there will be a flood of paranormal posts (ghosts, hauntings, etc.)

Then there will be a flood of NWO posts.

and then it just cycles right back through.

So, NO, I don't agree. I don't know what kicks a certain cycle in (maybe a particular post that gets hit on google or something - that's probably the answer) but trust me, if you watch, you'll see us cycle to something else.

I bet SO could do some kind of data mining and show the cycles of how the various forums get hit.

That aside, you also have to take into account that Mikro (aka Hamilton) is half a bubble off. *

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i agree that it's partially due to new members. (of which i still consider myself, having only been posting here for roughly a month). but also, nothing new in the world has actually happened. plus, maybe said new members (myself included) don't want to revive older threads in fear of doing something wrong or stupid. plus, if a thread from ages ago is revived, what are chances of getting a response from someone who no longer posts here?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I used to post some nice threads, but being that the majority of members are western influenced, I sounded a tad crazy.

Does anyone remember " Take Back ATS " ? LOL

Maybe its just a wee phase, I cant think of anything to post these days.

Man!'

Deep

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am biased to this right now. I had brought up an instance of this to a mod and they went to a higher authority and, what I get out of it is , There are going to be new posts of older posts, because of the big member growth spurt, which I know I was guilty of doing before. However, having numerous posts on the same thing, but worded differently, is getting annoying. But we do not have to read them.

IMO I do not want to turn off any current members or future members. Seeing how ATSNN is starting to get some real recognition, I would like to see the Quality of the posts rather than quantity. Maybe there needs to be a BTS thread for the ATS threads, as far as chit chat discussions go in a "CONSPIRACY" website. The past and the Future os ATS, ATSNN depends on member input. Some members who post some dumb threads, have had a real contribution in others. I know we were all guilty of this at one time or another. How we all hadle it now will decide the future of this site. again IMO

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With growth comes cycles and phases.....ATS is currently going through another cycle and phase of growth....

Have patience, things will settle down, but be assurded, the cycles and phases will continue as ATS continues to grow.

Peace folks....patience and tolerance is the key.

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am a rational patient person and I have much love for our new members but I am also concerned with where certain topics are placed, now I will be the first to admit that as of late the mods have done an excellent job of relocating off topic threads, but some of the biggest offenders, "The What did jesus look like" thread, are in the mud pit.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Can I make a suggestion?

Mods are human.
We can't be everywhere at the same time, and things do slip by.
If you are noticing repeat threads, you could use the "complaint" funtion at the top left of the screen to let us know, and include links to the repeat threads.
Same deal goes for any thread or post you find inappropriate.
It's anonymous, so you can feel free to sign your name to it or not ... just don't ask for a response and NOT sign your name.

-B.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That particular thread in question, and knowing Colonel, I would haphazard a guess, and say that the thread was either placed or intended, by foresight and the argumentitive nature of the subject, in the Mud Pit because Colonel or whomever knew that the topic would digress or deteriorate into a bona-fide slugfeast...hence it being in the Mud Pit.

Just my opinion, but having seen these type threads before and the violatile nature and the flamming they produced...the Mud Pit was, in foresight, a good or best place for that particular thread to be at.

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When I first came here, I used to frequent the religion section and had great battles with a poster called "There Here". Having vanquished that foe I was resting on my laurals when to my supprise the same arguements started again with new people.

I realised that its fruitless debating with 70% of posters in the religion forum as on the whole they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Just because they have an opinion doesn't mean its correct or valid.

So I have picked my battles and generally ignored the more stupider threads. That seems to be the best tactic for Religion, let the ravers rave on (the late Hamilton / Mik comes to mind), and only enter into debates with people who have intelligent views.

We can't just delete posts because they are the same crap as last month, or because the posters are idiots.

I tried to do that, and to mod it tighter, but in the end its not worth the hard effort it takes.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I agree that new members should be able to bring up old ideas even though they have already been debated but this only proves the theory of my first post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey Im not trying to campaign for Mod status or anything net chicken but I would be willing to put out the energy to be on watch 24/7 considering I am on this board almost all my spare time, but im far too in experienced for the job IMO but I think someone more apt than me probably has my same drive.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47 Let me elaborate, over the past two weeks the theology department of ATS has become a land of the non sensical and the bored.
All points bulliten... important clue arriving... begin message... It's always been that way. End message Really... the big R forum on ATS has always been lacking in sense and lucidity. oh... and NC needed to leave the R forum because Theyre Here utterly owned him.
[Edited on 7-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join