It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Invaded...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
EDIT//

Obviously made a mistake by putting this in the 9/11 section, moved to UFO section

[edit on 1-7-2008 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Whoof, bright yellow pulsing warning and I'm the first post? Weird. Must've been some sorta ......... NEVERmind.

If aliens invaded, first of all, that infers a subjugation of will of all humanity. One might argue that it's possible they already invaded, we just haven't noticed.

So, for me the term "invasion" suggests a sudden, and somewhat aggressive takeover. There are circumstances in which I'd think that would be welcome, such as an invasion that was on the cusp of WWIII and prevented it.

If we're talking mass visual presence, suddenly and everywhere, I'd be thrilled, but cautious. I wouldn't want to get vaporized just for being too exuberant. Nearly every time my darlin' and I watch and look at the heavens, I wish for a visual indicator of something more than us. We got our wish once.

If this was an aggressive, "we're takin' control now, you lowly slugs" type of invasion, I'd be frightened for the world, and wishing I'd landed in a country that allowed the citizens to posess their own firepower.

Interesting thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Dang, and now I'm responding to a set of circumstances you laid out that are no longer there. What's a blue iguana to do?

Would I be scared? Probably.

Would I be excited? certainly.

Would an invasion create a psychotic break in my mental processes due to the highly conflictive paradigms that were being rent asunder? No WAY!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

i think for any advanced race the full on assault this question suggests may a bit to gung-ho. surely it`d be a total wipe-out, or a covert affair.
i quite like the idea of a mass landing in a public place, very scary but as long as your not reduced to atoms by a high frequency modulating pulse rifle or get your brains sucked up through a straw, it`d be monumentus! or you could have the terminator style futuristic wasteland constantly engulfed in a war to survive, that`d suck. i suggets a covert affair may have already occured, a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
ALIENS ATTACK????!!!!! Damn going to need lots more ammo - can
never have enough 5.56mm.......

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would love it! What could be worse? Maybe they'll take Bush and teach him something! Would I be afraid? hmmm... don't know. I'd certainly wonder about what would happen, but hopefully the "invasion" would be peaceful and the maniacs from earth wouldn't just start shooting!

Yup... I would love it if a bunch of friendly aliens came to earth!

By the way, HELLO ALL!!! I just joined a little while ago but have been lurking for a long time. This is my first "official" reply! I love most of the subjects here at ATS... but for some... I have no words!

nakama

new topics

top topics

join