It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters unable to name one of his Accomplishments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by maybereal11
I think the vast majority of the thread dialogues here contradict the idea that Obama supporters do not do research as opposed to Obama detractors…example: Obama is a Muslim? Was sworn into office on the Koran? Seriously you want to make that case? Obama detractors are precisely depending on the common US citizen to not do research.
I think the two videos say it all..

It can be surprising to see someone as articulate as Obama miss speak. But it happened here and it will happen again. He would have served his point better if he had said “a typical person, who is white” which is what he meant to convey. A “typical person” who is prone to fear those people that are different. His full quote for context… Really do we want to spend time nit picking when people choose words poorly? Have you seen some of McCain’s errors while speaking? Confusing entire countries?
Obama didn't mispeak, he said exactly what he thought about White people. He honestly believes the typical White person is fearful of black people..

This is an effort to confront racism not embrace it.
Obama, his wife, and his former church are all more or less closet racists. Do you need more videos or few quotes from his book or his wife's thesis?

“Not really”…wow! When was the last time you were a black man running for US Senator? Not that tough huh?
I never have been, and I have no desire to be a lying, two-faced politician.

[edit on 7/2/08 by LLoyd45]

He did mis-speak LLoyd, we all know your agenda here is not to debate the facts here, rather to mislead people with these smears, this is why the vast majority of anti-Obama threads have NOTHING to do with the relevant issues to POTUS. You want to prove something about McCain, debate his credentials, otherwise your just throwing more mud.

The mans not racist, HIS HALF WHITE, and his comment was to confront racism, its so damn obvious. Is it so hard for you people to have a real debate about policies? Really? Is McCains policies and achievments so bad that you have to turn to right wing propaganda?

jeeze

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
He did mis-speak LLoyd, we all know your agenda here is not to debate the facts here, rather to mislead people with these smears, this is why the vast majority of anti-Obama threads have NOTHING to do with the relevant issues to POTUS. You want to prove something about McCain, debate his credentials, otherwise your just throwing more mud.
You mean the fact that an overwhelming majority of Obama supporters are ignorant of his accomplishmnets or his background is not a legitimate issue? Is your personal motto "Embrace Ignorance"?

I'm not voting for McCain either, so your straw man argument is ridiculous. If anyone, I'll probably vote Ron Paul.

The mans not racist, HIS HALF WHITE, and his comment was to confront racism, its so damn obvious. Is it so hard for you people to have a real debate about policies? Really? Is McCains policies and achievments so bad that you have to turn to right wing propaganda?jeeze

Referring to someone as a "Typical White Person" is an attempt at confronting racism? What kind of circular logic is that? He was talking about his own Grandmother for pete's sake! I can only imagine how he feels about non-related Whites..

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
You mean the fact that an overwhelming majority of Obama supporters are ignorant of his accomplishmnets

Its so easy for me to say the overwhelming majority of McCain supporters are ignorant of his accomplishments, other than erm* his POW experience.... which apparently gives him the presidency. Both sides have ignorant supporters buddy, your highlighting the reality of both compaigns, yet your quick to jump the gun about Obama supporters. Yes there is a clear agenda isnt there Lloyd?

or his background is not a legitimate issue?

By this you mean right wing comspiracies such as his muslim? or a racist christian? or that his part of some secret eltist society? Let me just correct you there, you probably mean right wing conspiracies... Nah, their not legitimate issues. However by your account Cindy mccains drug addiction should be a legitimate issue and that is fact, not conspiracy...mmm however I do recall a few righties stating that is a non-issue.

You want to discuss his backround, by all means do, just dont distrourt the facts eh?

Is your personal motto "Embrace Ignorance"?

What are you doing now Lloyd? Can you seriously justify the flood of propaganda posts you fellas have got going over the last two months and lecture me on ignorance?

I'm not voting for McCain either, so your straw man argument is ridiculous. If anyone, I'll probably vote Ron Paul.

another one..... yes if I had a nickle for whenever a Bushie told me that.... If your going to defend Bush policies and participate in spreading right wing conspiracies in an effort to get McCain into the presidency, you must be a hypocrite to support Ron Paul.

Good ol' Ron Paul said he isnt supporting or helping either candidate for they conflict with his views and principals, too bad most of his supporters are flip floppers, maybe this explains why he lost so much, so many of his supporters were actually voting for McCain... A Ron paui supporter in the day, a McCain supporter at night

Referring to someone as a "Typical White Person" is an attempt at confronting racism? What kind of circular logic is that?

First off Obama is half white, he obviously didnt mean it in that way especially because he is half white. Secondly, for a biracial man describing his life growing up in a predominantly white neighbourhood during the 70's and 80's, he probably encountered plenty of racism, tis what he grew up in, thus its forgiven he made these remarks by mistake. But Llyod your not here to debate the facts are you?

He was talking about his own Grandmother for pete's sake! I can only imagine how he feels about non-related Whites..

He seems pritty nice towards whites and others, im yet to see actual evidence where Obama states that he actually hates whites... but we havnt seen that as of yet... just more republican speculation. I must say kudos to the righties acting all rightious and and so damn sensitive to racism, the propaganda threads speak for themselves.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Ditto's....can't add anything to that. I agree

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Its so easy for me to say the overwhelming majority of McCain supporters are ignorant of his accomplishments, other than erm* his POW experience.... which apparently gives him the presidency. Both sides have ignorant supporters buddy, your highlighting the reality of both compaigns, yet your quick to jump the gun about Obama supporters. Yes there is a clear agenda here to spread fear mongering.
Did you watch the videos by chances? I doubt you could find anything even close on McCain voters. They're way beyond the curve in that respect.

You mean by this right wing myth that his muslim or a racist christian or that his part of some secret eltist society? Let me just correct you there, you mean right wing conspiracies right? Nah, their not legitimate issues. However by your account cindy mccains drug addiction should be a legitimate issue, however I recall a few righties stating thats a non-issue.

You want to discuss his backround, please by all means do, just dont distrourt the facts eh?
I was referring to his Rezko connection, his close friendship with self-admitted domestic terrorist Bill Ayres, his association with the racist and America-hating duo of Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Lois Farrakhan, and his alleged sexual relationship with Larry Sinclair.

What are you doing now Lloyd? Can you seriously justify the flood of propaganda posts you fellas have got going over the last two months and lecture me on ignorance.?
There's nothing to justify. Facts are facts.

another one..... yes if I had a nickle for whenever a Bushie told me that.... If your going to defend Bush policies and participate in spreading right wing conspiracies in an effort to get McCain into the president, your must be a hypocrite to support Ron Paul.
Who's defending Bush? I'm certainly not.

First off Obama is half white, he obviously didnt mean it in that way especially because he is half white. Secondly, for a biracial man describing his life growing up in a predominantly white neighbourhood during the 70's and 80's, he probably encountered plenty of racism, tis what he grew up in, thus its forgiven he made these remarks by mistake. But Llyod your not here to debate the facts are you?
We obviously need the Obamabunto translator here.. Once again his words have been misconstrued. Don't believe your lying ears.. believe Obama and what he meant to say!

He seems pritty nice behind whites, im yet to see actual evidence where Obama actually makes a remard that he hates whites... but we havnt seen that as of yet... just more republican speculation. I must say kudos to the righties acting all rightious and and so damn sensitive to racism, the propaganda threads speak for themselves.

Here's a few excerpts from his book: Dreams of My Father

From Dreams of My Father: ‘I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.’

From Dreams of My Father: ‘I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race.’

From Dreams of My Father: ‘There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.’

From Dreams of My Father: ; ‘It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.’

Source

Need I say more?

[edit on 7/3/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ya know, my issues w/ him are not about being black and about him being partial to black. i have a wee bit of scottish in me and a touch of english, yet i lean more to the irish in me because it shows in my skin, my eyes, and my hair... oh, and my attitude

america is to be a refuge to weary, not meant to make its citizens weary. we are supposed to embrace those from other countries looking to find peace from tyranny, not spread the our might and power around to intimidate. we are a nation founded and representative of dreamers, envisionaries, thinkers, inventors, creators, doers..... and none of these things will be allowed to continue should either of these men get into office. ppl's productivity goes down and thus society slips when they are kept under the heavy thumb of the law.

obama and mccain both, in their issues, freely state that this is their intent. they just dress it up w/ nice words such as change and more blah blah blah's, meaningless mumbo jumbo...... and unless you really look and do the research behind what these issues are about, yes, you will miss it, and thus remain under the tight thumb of the law.

let me tell you, these men are slick... especially obama. mr. havard man knows very well that words can be taken more than one way. keep that in mind as you read over his issues and really think about how taking something another way could end up backfiring and instead of change for your better interests, it becomes change for their better interests.

no doubt he wants change. that itself can mean several different things ya know

if obama or mccain get in, you can kiss more of what you love good bye!!

[edit on 3-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You must remember this.

Even though the majority of Obama's Hardcore supporters, have no idea what he sttands for, OR what he has acomplished, or what he plans to acomplish.

There is no apittude test for voteing, you dont have to know anything to vote...

You must use reason, and logic, while attempting to have an discussion with an Obamabot.

Some of them are so programed by the mass media, that even bringing the topic up of questioning thier messiah, they freak out.

If someone freaks out AT the mere mention of Obama and his policies, this person is uncapible of resason.

When you bring Obama up, and say, "what in either the State senate, or federal senate, has Obama Done? If they imedeatly freak out and start repeating words like "CHange, Hope, Change Hope.." JUst walk away... some poeople minds have been destryed thru this election.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Conservatives!

Tired of all this liberalism? Turns out that we just need to be patient.

I offer you The Plan.

A. Back off and let all those men who want to marry men, to marry men.

B. Back off and allow all those women who want to marry women, to marry women.

C. Back off and allow all those folks who want to abort their babies, to abort their babies.

D. In three generations, there will be no Democrats.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Conservatives!

I offer you The Plan.

Uuuuhhh.....if someone is gay, they are gay whether they are married or not, genius.

See first response.

C. Back off and allow all those folks who want to abort their babies, to abort their babies.

Since you took all their birth control away. Yeah! for faith based initiatives!

????? That won't happen because YOU are a democrat. This is a DEMOCRACY, not a THEOCRACY based on your imaginary god.

I suggest you follow through with this plan.....just make sure you guys decide on an exit strategy before you start (it will usually work out better).

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Conservatives!

I offer you The Plan.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by centurion1211]

Whoa I thought you were a Conservative? You know .. States Rights... let people live how they want to live?

Who was it that rounded up the Homosexuals? Hitler?.. Ahmedinijad?

Who was it that saved Britain in WWII? Alan Turing. He cracked the Axis's code. And you know what.. he was Gay.

Really, I expected better out of you. I expected to find a thinking person. Not a homophobic hate monger.

You know what will happen if gays marry... THERE IS MORE MARRIAGES!! Which means more families to care for the unwanted children in this world which end up in the sex slave trade otherwise.

I don't expect you to understand since you seem to be thinking from a platform based on fairy tales.

You know how to really PISS off our enemies!? The extremist Muslims? Let Gays Marry! It's that simple.

If you are against gay marriage.. So is the Iranian President!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I love how this ONLY ever comes up, when defending Barack against his own racist comments. Any other time, hes a black man.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
From Wikipedia:

As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he cosponsored legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In the current 110th Congress, he has sponsored legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. Since announcing his presidential campaign in February 2007, Obama has emphasized withdrawing American troops from Iraq, increasing energy independence, decreasing the influence of lobbyists, and promoting universal health care as top national priorities.

Works for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
yeah, i had asked for a list of names to prove that the little tikes in illinois really got what they were promised. if someone can decipher that link i posted on the 1st page of this thread, we should be able to track this.

I've read this entire thread, and I have to say, you're posts are a joke. I truly am an undecided at this point, and it is blatantly obvious to me that you are just playing games. Are you honestly this critical and cynical about every candidate when trying to "decide"? I highly doubt it. I'm not all that impressed by Obama, but your sarcastic "no, I'm seriously unbiased" crap annoys even me. Finally, you must not be aware of HIPAA laws, stating so confidently that it should be easy to obtain an actual list of insured individuals, that is something called personal health information. Maybe you could get the parents of those children to sign a release allowing the names of the children they cannot afford insurance for to be posted all over the internet.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well here is an actual count...

Number of bills sponsored: 272

Number of bills co-sponsored: 834

Number of bills sponsored or co-sponsored that became law: 16

Politico

16 out of 1106....

I also can not find any that he actually Sponsored that became law...Looks like only the ones he signed on with along with several other legislators were approved.. I could be wrong, but I can't find any...

Semper

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow, a point .0144% or 1% success rate.

It seems he merely sponsored bills just for the sake of it.

What was this guy doing his three year term as US Senator? Just illegal land deals for kick-backs in his Chicago district with Tony Rezko? He obvioulsy wasn't pushing through any legislation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join