It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: mercury fillings in teeth are NOT safe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Mercury fillings given to millions of Britons every year can be dangerous, the world's biggest health regulator has warned.

Simply chewing could release harmful mercury vapour from the fillings which could be breathed into the lungs, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said.

The regulator had previously advised U.S. dentists that the fillings are safe.

Despite the warning, the British Department of Health issued its own statement yesterday that it continued to believe mercury fillings posed no danger.

daily Mail UK

So - they finally have to admit that these neuro toxins in our teeth are dangerous, after decades and decades of denial.

The FDA to come out and say 'yes it release mercury vapour as you chew' is simply stunning.

For the UK to say 'business as usual' over this deadly toxin is utterly bewildering.

mercury should be banned full stop. Here is one sobering fact from the article.

0.50 grammes of mercury is in EACH filling. If that amount of mercury was in a 10 acre lake you would be advised against entering the water or eating the fish from it.

yet... UK say business as usual.

And people STILL argue the toss over wether mercury is safe in vaccines.... If its not safe for in your teth and is a neuro toxin.. why is it safe in your blood stream and body ?

I just wonder how much of this is linked to the massive rise in alzheimers and parkinsons we are seeing across the Uk health care system.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Mercury compounds are also being phased out of vaccines, where they are/were used as adjuvants.

Other commonly used adjuvants in vaccines include aluminium hydroxide and formaldehyde - all of which are injected straight into babies, toddlers, teens and oldies - multiple times.

I wonder how long it will take before the 'experts' realise, that putting known carcinogens and poisons into the human body, in such quantities, and in a manner which bypasses all the body's known 'defence' mechanisms - is just pure insanity.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I read, years ago, an article by a Dr. Jonathan Wright, about how he thought that mercury fillings 'contributed' to allergies. I had my first filling when I was about 5, and also, coincidentally, became violently allergic to 'Queenie'. When I read that, I went to the dentist, and had the mercury fillings all replaced with composite white. Now, no allergies. I am now on MediCal and MediCare, and they are supposed to do my dental work. But the dentists now have a choice to either 'install' the white, or not. The government pays them less than the cost of materials for white, so they generally refuse. They don't like to do work that costs them money, and I don't blame them. I do blame them for lying about it. And they do. So, I had two cavities that needed to be worked on last year. I got financing but they would only finance one tooth. The other is now half gone, and I still can not get the stinking filling done. That's YOUR government for you. I may be forced to go down to Tijuana to get the work done, and will if I can't get it filled this week.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

weird isn't it how so called 'safe' medicines turn out unsafe, and are only admitted to beinmg unsafe many years after the common people said 'hold on, this is not a safe practise'.

Its almost like they wait for it to go out of peoples minds, then admit it quietly hoping no one will notice.

Whay next ? 20 years down the line they admit mobile phone masts give you cancers and illnesses ??

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh, it is not just the masts. It's the phones themselves. But, corporations and LLC corp.s are all about not having any responsiblity for personal crimes. So they get sued out of business? Inconvenience. They meerly sell their assets to their new LLC at firesale prices, and go into business again, using the same clients. The wronged parties, if alive, may get some table scraps, but to them, it's no big deal. They can, quite literally, get away with murder. And they do.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
god gave us brain we have to use it if we dont they well not tell nothing!!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I thought a lot of european countries had banned mercury/silver fillings a decade or so ago because they thought the mercury was unsafe. I have only two fillings. tiny ones in my rear most upper molars. I insisted on getting ceramic fillings. the doctor thought I was nuts for saying that the mercury was unsafe. He's a family friend and I still get the reputation from him at holiday parties that I'm some sort of nut who thinks that it's a bad idea to put neuro toxins an inch and a half away from ones brain. maybe this will shut him up.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My mother and I both had our Mercury and Silver Fillings taken out recently - due to the advice of our new dentist.

Mom had hers removed last year, she and I were both living in BC. Our New Dentist (who is as natural as you can possible get, with dentistry - he also reccommended we stop with Flouride Toothpaste, which I also did around the time I joined ATS anyway) advised that all of her fillings be replaced with the white composite ones. So thats what she did.

I went to see him shortly after (since I am not so much a fan of chemcials) and had him remove my silver ones. I have parts of the silver ones left (from when I was a child and had massive chunks of my teeth filled), but mostly my fillings are the white composite as well.

- Carrot

top topics

join