It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of UFO over Panama City

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

That sounds very good, let's take this off the forum and into a private conversation.

I'll explain a few things. But first let me end my day at the office and contact you as soon as I'm home.

Thanks for the assistance.

Talk to you in a bit.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
why cant any of you understand -THE ONES WHO DEBUNK nearly --ALL -- OF THESE VIDEOS- that if you believe ufos are real one of these prominent ones you see WILL BE REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop jumping on them LOOK and research -NO WONDER WE ALWAYS LOOSE YOU ARE ALL TOO DUMB!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This vid smells of CGI

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It has the same 'feel' as the one of the close fly-pass of UFO's that fly away over the palm trees, - looks too much like the same 'style' of movement that the CGI-able package VUE creates (that indeed made the palm trees video). It allows very smooth, fluid fade-ins and outs of light and shape.

That's why I place so much importance of the older movies, before CGI.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hmm well to me they look like lights in the sky at a very far distance and out of focus....other than that what does this prove. Lights OMG....for once I would like to see something more than just lights and then I would like to see other people not assume there ET and then when others debate the issue they put them down. This site needs skeptics far more than it needs believers. If this site just catered to believers you guys would already have your bags packed waiting for ET to come pick you up, its the skeptics that keep this site honest, and honestly those are lights in the night sky, we have seen them a million times before...dont really prove much except Panama City has a really nice skyline. Also is there a sure fire method for telling if something is CGI or not? Is the only way to tell, is to have the original video instead of a copy?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Nicely put, good points

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Any reports yet of other sources/witnesses?

There should be at least a handful of witnesses in such a big city...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi

I`ve been using 3ds max and compositors like aftereffects and combustion for many years. I`ve made my share of ufo videos. My 2 cents:

I`ve seen some people here saying this could been done in Vue. Why? Just because the haiti ufo videos were made in vue? The haiti clips are 100% cg, with camera motion added from a tracked camera. That, and the good spectral skymodel in vue made a good looking video.

This, however seems to be a live shot. There is scintillation in the city lights, lights in the buildings go on/off. Also something looking like subtle heat distortion. It would have been easier making it in a more full fledged 3d app like 3ds max, lightwave, maya, modo, cinema etc. Also it could just as easily been made in a compositor like after effects/combustion/fusion etc.

If it was done in a 3d app, the footage would have to been cameratracked before he could insert the ufos.

Since the scene is mostly a flat cityscape without any motion parallax, 2d tracking is done easy i.e after effects.

The ufos also have the scintilllation effect.

If Mr. Santos made this video by the means of cgtools, he did a good job imo. It is very subtle, the ufos/lights blend good into the environment. the ufos appear, then some disappeares and then reappeares on another location. A special move i would say. A 3d-geek would have loved to put a modelled craft in there(like c2c drones, which after one glance i could bet my pants they were rendered in lightwave/fprime) These are just some distant luminous objects.

The only thing that doesn`t look quite right is the path of the camera, as others have pointed out. But it could be. If the camera was mounted on a tripod, you wouldn`t just as easy point the camera as you would with your hands.

And ofcourse, the quality of the video isn`t really good enough to make exact claims. Imo it looks real. But everything can be faked, it`s just a matter of skill.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi,

"Victor, porque no hay sonido ?"

Victor, why is there no sound ?

Ok guys, try something if you want.

Watch the video without looking at the lights, and let yourself go naturally,
do not concentrate, just watch what catches your attention. Do it a few times.

Then watch the video again and compare the camera movements with the objects movements.

For me, since nowadays it is almost impossible to differenciate "real" from "fake" by analyzing the material, we've got to look at other things. I say, smells fishy because of that problem above.

Cheers,

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Bump!

Victor si aún estás interesado en comentarnos más detalles sobre el video, especialmente las cuestiones planteadas por los otros miembros, nos complacería mucho!

a) Por qué la falta de zoom?

b) Por qué no hay sonido?

c) Has podido subir el video sin compresión en algún sitio?

Victor if you're still interested in telling us more details about the video, specially the issues raised by the people here, we'll appreciate it!

a) Why the lack of zoom?

b) Why there's not sound?

c) Has you uploaded the video without compression to any site?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
New information from a kind member with photography and film knowledge, and the fact that Victor has not responded member`s questions makes me think that this was a hoax.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join