It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change the name of the Planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
(ps: for those of you who are too serious for jokes and such, and those of you who may be offended by the constant dissing of the name "Earth" turn back now!!!!! Also, anyone who does not want to read random stuff that does not have much o do with Aliens... Leave immediatly, or suffer the consequences!!!!!

Face it, the name "Earth" sucks. Who really wants to be called an "Earthling" if any Aliens happen across our planet? So thats why I have started this thread, to see if anyone has any good ideas for renaming our planet. Seriously, the Aliens will probably drop an Atom Bomb on us in pity. Who came up with the bright idea to call this planet Earth anyway? All of you true believers probably think Aliens landed here 50, 000 years ago and Called the planet "Earth", just so they could return later to laugh at our humiliating monicker, and associate us with dirt and dung.
Why could "Earth" not be named after a Roman or Greek god or goddess? (its the only planet in our solar system thats not named after a Greek or Roman god or goddes).

This is why I suggest the name Solaria, which follows the popular trend of naming planets after their star. Then we could be Solarians, and watch the Aliens cry tears of green flame, as th sun sets on their conquest of the Galaxy... Yeah ok. Well, maybe not tears of green flame, but they would definatly be too frightened of our new name they would flee the solar system in terror. Blah Blah Blah. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, find a new, Awesome name for "Earth" and give some cool reasons too. Good luck!

Rock on fellow Solarians!

Link:

www.topix.com... Ok then. I don't agree with everything they say, but they do have a point

Quote:

“The last sound on the Worthless earth will be two human beings trying to launch a homemade spaceship and already quarreling about where they are going next.” -- William Faulkner

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Havak]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The planet should be named Terra or Terra Nova. And then we can call ourselves Terrans !!!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I vote that we name it cockapoopoopeepeeshire..

I want to be a cockapoopoopeepeeshirian.

I'll give ten imaginary points to name my reference.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This Planet you call Earth isn't on record with the "galatic federation" or the coperation of "life and light" as such.

The true name of this planet is Urantia. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I suggest the more appropriate name for our mutual home - Skunkworkia. So we will be called - Skunkworkers. The dignity! The respect! In any case it will be more appropriate then ,say, Alienufia and Alienufos.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

The true name of this planet is Urantia. Look it up.

just because the urantia book say's that does not make it true.

i believe the first name was ... 'world'

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Yes, Terra, that is the real name, those pesky English speaking persons think that the names they use are the real ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havak
(ps: for those of you who are too serious for jokes and such, and those of you who may be offended by the constant dissing of the name "Earth" turn back now!!!!! Also, anyone who does not want to read random stuff that does not have much o do with Aliens... Leave immediatly, or suffer the consequences!!!!!

I agree with you. Changing Earth's name would be considered a joke. Hence the question. Why is this in the Conspiracy forum, and not in Below Top Secret's Joke Forum?

Mods?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

wait a minute.. the OP's on the right track.. Earth sucks.. i mean look at what they named everything else like Andromeda, the Milky Way, Mercury.. why can't we be named after a chocolate bar? lol.. Earth is just such a lifeless, pointless name to give a planet that is so full of life and beauty when you compare it to the names of everything else

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think we should name it Perveria.

That way we can be called Perverts.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well according to "The Terra Papers" this solar system is called Eridus (I think) and that the planet itself was named "Eridu"

Earth's fine. It could be more bland though, we could be called #3. Threeians hehe

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think we should call it Ignorant.

We would all be ignorance

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Let's face it, the real name of this planet should be Moronica

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My vote is for Solaria 3(or Solaria III), but I see no harm in the current human occupants referring to their home world in the vernacular and literal form, "Terra".

As a colloquial alternative, simply sticking with the contemporary English standard, "Earth" is just as well.

Truth is, the purpose of language is communication, so, to be clearly understood, maintaining some consistency is paramount to understanding. Thus, it would be very difficult to "change" the name of something so universal and humanitarian as the accepted name for our home planet.

So, I'll hope for "Solaria 3" (or something similar) when we finally begin a regular exchange with aliens, I'll consider myself a resident of "Terra", but will continue to use and probably remain committed to "Earth" for simple ease and efficiency of communication with my fellow man (and woman, of course!).

Thanks for giving us something interesting to think about...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I say we call it "Terra 1" or "Urantia 1" or something to that effect.

This would let all the aliens currently watching us have a debate who is going to be next... We don't want them to mistake our intentions

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Zexephularitryxnquartideopalidmortinaenix

"What planet shall we conquer today, Zorgon?"

"Two choices. We got Zexephu... Uh, I guess we'll be conquering Bardox II."

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Home is the best name for this place.
So we're all Homers.

Live with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Home is the best name for this place.
So we're all Homers.

Live with it.

Hmm. Homer Sapiens. It does have a ring to it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You want to rename Earth because of what you think an alien would think of it? Since all the other planets are named after Roman gods the name should be Terra.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why is there a human compulsion to want to name everything?

Personally I could care less what this planet is named. Except for the poopoo suggestion. hehe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join