It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy hit, killed by roller coaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Boy hit, killed by roller coaster

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) — A teenager died Saturday after he was decapitated at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park outside of Atlanta, authorities said.

The youth died after he scaled two 6-foot fences around the Batman roller coaster ride, said a statement issued by park spokeswoman Hela Sheth. He was struck by the coaster and killed, she said.

“We do not know why this person was intent on gaining access to this restricted area,” the statement said, noting that multiple signs are posted stating, “Danger Zone,” “Do Not Enter” and “Authorized Personnel Only.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I found this really disturbing because I was at this same Six Flags less than 24 hours ago on the same ride. Hard to believe somebody would do something that dumb.

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow...poor dude.But hey stupid is what stupid does.Why would someone get near the tracks?Makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Definately should be nominated for a "Darwin Award!"

www.darwinawards.com...

A Chronicle of Enterprising Demises
Honoring those who improve the species...by
accidentally removing themselves from it!

Latest reports are that a group of boys jumped a fence and were trying to grab people's feet.

www.myfoxatlanta.com...

One of the boys jumped up and tried to grab someone's feet who was on the Batman ride. The boy ended up being decapitated.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ok i stated my point.LOL thats even worse.STATES do not enter etc.The coaster is going prolly 90mpr and yeah lets grab the feet.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Darwin award.

One less idiot to feed on the planet.

I have zero sympathy for anyone jumping not one but two fences and doing some thing so damn stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Yeah, what a lamer! I guess he didn't get the heads up on how dangerous it is to be near the rails.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Another thing.. This ride makes alot of noise as it goes by, I would rather jump off a break a few bones then get killed painfully by a 50 mph cart full of peope..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
HE SHOULD GET THE DARWIN AWARD

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Next we will see in the news about his parents suing six flags...and winning. Now that will be really sad. Their son is an idiot and six flags has to pay the price.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

it would be 1 less idiot if u died!!!!!!!!1

new topics

top topics

join