It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with Blue Eyes were Genetically Mutated 10,000 Years Ago.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My parents and siblings all have Blue eyes.. Mine are Blue that change to Green.. I swear depending on my mood.

As far back as our family history is concerned.. They all have had blue eyes..

Strange.. No one has ever reproduced with a Brown eyed person.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Mine shift from blue to green too.

Sometimes i say what color are my eye they say blueish green
I say when they turn green run for your life I'm feeding

my hair went light blonde to kinda brown to getting Grey as i aged

I'm a genetic freak I guess

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
my eyes went to brown as i got older. sometimes they are light brown and other times they seem almost black. i think it has to do with the amount of light in the environment.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is all interesting and all....
but I wonder what the premise is in this thread
I saw this PBS video called the journey of man and it basically stated that we all
migrated out of africa some heading up and northwest and others heading up and along the east asian coast

this happen in multiple waves over the centuries

that was long before 10000 bc

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I remember back in high school, one history teacher (who was also one of the football coaches LOL) told us in class one day that all people started in Africa and migrated out.

As they migrated, the need for skin and eye pigmentation wasn't as needed in the northern climes.

He also told all the girls that makeup was made from whale fat. Interesting character he was.

I also have green/blue eyes that sometimes shift towards more gray. Both my parents and my siblings have brown/hazel eyes. I'm the only one with the lighter colored eyes. My great aunt had similar coloring.

I wonder if the blue eyes theory goes with green eyes and those with violet eyes like Elizabeth Taylor.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Swedish scientists have, says Appleby, determined that the date of the most recent magnetic reversal, or shift occurred (but not a "full reversal") - in 10,500 BC.*

The global floods

DID A COMET CAUSE FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?

a comet impact which devastated the eastern Atlantic coast of America, causing literally 500,000 elliptical craters, known today as the Carolina Bays, sometime around 8500 BC (+/- 500 years). Fragments of the comet falling in the Western Atlantic basin, north of the Bahamas, would have created tsunami tidal-waves perhaps hundreds of metres high. These would have drowned, temporarily at least, large parts of the Bahamas and Caribbean, as well as many low-lying regions of the eastern United States.
www.andrewcollins.com...

Lots of things seemed to have happened to us during that time and mabey the shift was too much for the neanderthal and other dinosaur like animals.

Whats cool is that its proof that genetic shifts are possible. The only other stories that talk about this are the genetic shifts predicted in 2012. Not to get all esoteric and stuff.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My question to those with Blue eyes is...

How is your vision? Anyone else older in your family have vision problems?

I think that if the Exposure of Sun or lack there of accounts for being the catalyst to the Mutation of Eyes, it accounts for many other "Mutations".

This Mutation seem to be the result of an Enviornment that facilitates certain weaknesses (IMO), being as though Blue Eyes are genetically weak and the enviornment lacking Sun allowed it to be expressed.

Blue eyed people are more prone to problems and Two parents with the same trait will reproduce children with a heightened susceptibility.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As far as my vision is concerned, I remember something about having 20/10 vision when I was young. I'm the only one that doesn't need glasses in my family
still.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's my estimation that the blue eye phenomena may be traced back to when humans started spending a lot of their time indoors as opposed to toiling in the fields.

Genetic mutations can be traced to prestigious family lines, i reckon - they spent their lives in a fashion quite different from the rest of us.

Of course, if the culimination of that xenophobia was a mere differentiation in eye colour, i don't think i really see the point in 'preserving the blood-line'.

That said, i now declare i have brown eyes that become nearly bronzed when direct light passes through my eyes (Yes, i can be aesthetically obnoxious too).

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

I have 20/20 vision and have no need of glasses. Others in my family need reading glasses.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I don't Know if I personally agree with that.
I love the sweaty hard work kinda jobs.
Generally my whole life I would rather get a good sweat on than sit behind a desk.
I'm built like a tank. I love having some kinda tool like a shovel in my hand and its pretty hard to get me indoors unless its 25 below or something.

I don't think surface features really relate to much anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

ET's have genetically altered our DNA for thousands of years!

Our brains were locked to use no more than 10% and that explains all of the junk DNA and missing chromosomes!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan
My question to those with Blue eyes is...

How is your vision? Anyone else older in your family have vision problems?

I think that if the Exposure of Sun or lack there of accounts for being the catalyst to the Mutation of Eyes, it accounts for many other "Mutations".

This Mutation seem to be the result of an Enviornment that facilitates certain weaknesses (IMO), being as though Blue Eyes are genetically weak and the enviornment lacking Sun allowed it to be expressed.

Blue eyed people are more prone to problems and Two parents with the same trait will reproduce children with a heightened susceptibility.

So thats why my vision is so bad. 20/100L 20/60R

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My Genetics herald from 3 countries.. Poland,Ireland and Scotland..
All were farmers spending time out doors.. yes it does get cold there.. But they didn't spend all of their time indoors.. as to the Glasses.. My Mother,Sister and I wear them.. me being Male.. The rest have no need of glasses.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
In the north mountans of itily there is a village that the peaple have 12 fingers and toes. most of them do and they work well ,its normal to be born with extra digits.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nothing like a hot, new topic from six months ago... :/

Anyway, mutations can happen at any time from one generation to the next. The DNA research going on today can statistically show how long ago things happened, which is pretty cool. Epigenetic research is far more interesting though (IMO) and could help back up what TheComte was saying about rice, wheat, and potatoes earlier in the thread. The genetic changes in those foods could have affected our DNA causing a change in eye color.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The blue eyed mutation is caused by the same reasons that Europeans developed lighter skin (less melanin).

The first humans that moved to Europe had dark skin. Due to the lack of sunlight in Europe, these dark skinned people weren't able to absorb enough vitamin-D. Their diets also changed to ones with less vitamin-D (more wheat/vegetables, less meat). So through evolution they developed lighter skin/hair/eyes, this was by way of genetic mutations causing the body to produce less melanin.

This is evidenced by the fact that Italians to the south still have olive colored skin, whereas Scandinavians to the north have pale skin. Europeans also tend to have more people from blood group A, who were historically agrarian. These same genetic mutations lead to northern Europeans developing lighter hair and eye color. Although, a lot of southern Italians are descended from Vikings so that's why you can find red haired Italians to the south.

Also, I remember reading about a study that showed how people with lighter colored skin/eyes/hair (mainly red heads), experience pain differently due to a chemical, or lack of chemical in their brain (melanocortin comes to mind). This tends to affect the development of their personality, either making them more emotionally or less emotionally responsive.

Edit: I don't think there's any research that shows that blue-eyed people have bad vision. I come from a family of all blue-eyed people and all of us have perfect 20/20 vision, in fact the only one of my grandparents that needed glasses was also the only one with brown eyes.

[edit on 28/6/08 by Cthulwho]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The OP reference to a cataclysm around 12.000 years ago and that blue eyes occurred about 10,000 yrs ago as A result of genetic mutation. I'm still waiting for the conspiracy aspect to be revealed.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofnak
In the north mountans of itily there is a village that the peaple have 12 fingers and toes. most of them do and they work well ,its normal to be born with extra digits.

LMAO.. That's called inbreeding..

Their Genetics are really screwed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join