It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that aliens once lived among us as Gods?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

thats fine if you want to believe that, no matter to me, now cant you just let me believe what i want, without your sneering attitude. its great you have opinions. it is not for me to judge

my sneering attitude? sorry for being objective, i apolagize if i was sneering, it was not intentional. i am actually quite fond of this subject, just being objectional, not trying to sneer.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ancient astronauts , makes much more sense than other explanation in Sumer, Ancient Egypt Mayans , Aztecs. How is it that the first civilization that we know of in Sumer, was more advanced for the time period, in astromnomy , mathematics , geometry, and science than people in the middle ages.How was this civilization, 6000 BC able to accomplish all this, with the intelligence of simply man... there has to have been an outside influence .Check out the baghdad Battery.. Im not going to preach anymore about this subject because there have been other threads about the same topic , but i just wanted to post a good video you guys should watching regarding the pyramids of Giza.
www.youtube.com...
watch all 3 vids, very informative.
[edit on 17-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]

pardon all ,my edits tired as hell

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

There is nothing objective about belief . Its what you know to be true that makes a difference . Belief is blind acceptance .
Thats what is so tragic about religion .Most of the time religious organisations are covering up the truth and trying to hide /deny whats left .
Religion is about controlling people through fear and ignorance . And then ading insult to injury by claiming the moral high ground like all those right wing christian fundamentalists who think its 'gods will' To bomb the crap out of innocent iraqi civilians . Thats your belief is it ?
Come on tell me what YOU believe ?

Your god has no legitimate defence for his actions which is why you dance around the facts with cleverly spun sentences that say NOTHING.

The pope and his catholic church has done more to hide rape and distort the truth than just about anybody . Tell me that is not fact !
I dare you. Show me a church going christian and I can point out how many of them are paedophiles . In the mormon church , fathers routinely analy rape their daughters because its not considered intercourse .
yeah ,your god ,your jealous god in all his many guises .

And how many more priests have bribed and bought off childrens silence with the threat of hell fire ?
These purveyors of Gods holy word !

Do you want to know what most ET's REALLY think of you humans ?
You actually wonder why we have so little to do with you on this planet ?
because you are vicious ,mindless , lying predators who have no respect for anything or anyone beyond your own STUPID BELIEFS .

And yet ,when the the crap REALLY hits the fan you will be begging us to fix it for you , because your God did not show up ,he was to busy .
Just as always .

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Good, conclusive evidence? Nope.

There are some old myths that have been interpreted that way by some people for a long time now. Even the old Star Trek series had an episode where a Greek god (who was an alien) captured Kirk and the Enterprise.

The only thing wrong with the "theory" is that there's no good, specific hard evidence to indicate any kind of large alien presence on Earth in the past. No left over space ship nuts and bolts. No old computer monitors in landfills. Nothing like that at all. Now, maybe the aliens were just so good at cleaning up after themselves that no clear and obvious trace of them has been found. Maybe.

Otherwise, the tales of gods our ancestors told around campfires were probably just interesting and entertaining fictional stories, just like the kind we see on TV every night.

Watch the documentary "Life After Man" and tell me if you "still" think that the "nuts and bolts" of alien crafts and/or society would still exist. Are you convinced that aliens have available wondrous elements that we haven't discovered? Otherwise, those elements are open to the same wear and tear of the one's we currently know. Also, are you Robin Williams or is that just a pic you found? I ask because I know he's known to play online games and may well have similar interests to the people here....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

yes i realize alot of what you said is true, is it right that catholic priests do that crap.....NO....is it only in this area that this stuff happens....NO

i believe that you do not care what i believe, so why ask?

you seem very misguided and fooled by what you have heard and seen, have a brain and decipher for yourself.

who said god said that we should bomb iraq or whatever youre talking about, try reading the new testament my friend. god said " i desire mercy not sacrifice".

i have been healed by god, i know god to be true, do i know if any religion is correct....no i dont, thats why i stay away from arguments that you are trying to make here, because you are so influenced by what you have heard and what you believe to be true, so anyone that says anything that you dont agree with is ignorant......hmmmm

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Are you convinced that aliens have available wondrous elements that we haven't discovered? Otherwise, those elements are open to the same wear and tear of the one's we currently know.

I suspect but can't prove that the elements we know have some multi-dimensional properties that we are currently unaware of, but aliens would probably use them in the same way we do. That being said, even if they were using the same elements, it's not unreasonable to think that if they were here in any large numbers that some undeniable traces of their superior alloys or technology would still be lying around. Plastics are resistant to decay. Even simple, human-manufactured pop bottles can last 1,000,000 years in the right circumstances.

But we got nothing like that at all. Which is not to say that they weren't here. But if they didn't leave anything behind that was obviously alien or advance time-traveler stuff, what's the difference? Without proof, it might as well be just myths or fiction.

As for being Robin Williams, I have frequently been told I look a lot like him, but we are not the same people. Na-noo, na-noo!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
IMHO extraterrestrial people have always been around and lived among us as "Gods". Only today they're not known as "Gods", they're "really really really really rich, powerful people".

I think that the more spiritually advanced, enlightened, "Good" ETs have "Prime Directive"-type laws, where they don't interfere with inferior civilizations.

But of course there are other, greedy, "Evil" ETs who have no qualms about infiltrating young, helpless worlds, and posing as "Gods", or implementing "central banking"
, and living a life of luxury, having as many sex-slaves as they want, etc etc.....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain

Originally posted by Nohup

Good, conclusive evidence? Nope.

There are some old myths that have been interpreted that way by some people for a long time now. Even the old Star Trek series had an episode where a Greek god (who was an alien) captured Kirk and the Enterprise.

The only thing wrong with the "theory" is that there's no good, specific hard evidence to indicate any kind of large alien presence on Earth in the past. No left over space ship nuts and bolts. No old computer monitors in landfills. Nothing like that at all. Now, maybe the aliens were just so good at cleaning up after themselves that no clear and obvious trace of them has been found. Maybe.

Otherwise, the tales of gods our ancestors told around campfires were probably just interesting and entertaining fictional stories, just like the kind we see on TV every night.

Watch the documentary "Life After Man" and tell me if you "still" think that the "nuts and bolts" of alien crafts and/or society would still exist. Are you convinced that aliens have available wondrous elements that we haven't discovered? Otherwise, those elements are open to the same wear and tear of the one's we currently know. Also, are you Robin Williams or is that just a pic you found? I ask because I know he's known to play online games and may well have similar interests to the people here....

We know only actually have identified what 3% of space around is, the other 97% ( Dark Matter and Dark energy) has not been identified . So the possibility that aliens thousands of years or millions more advanced than us , have discovered and harnessed dark matter and dark energy is very likely. You are not capable in making an argument against alien technology.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLinkToThePast
We know only actually have identified what 3% of space around is, the other 97% ( Dark Matter and Dark energy) has not been identified . So the possibility that aliens thousands of years or millions more advanced than us , have discovered and harnessed dark matter and dark energy is very likely.

Since we have no evidence of any life anywhere but Earth, that's all just speculation. At this point it's just as possible that we're completely alone in the Universe as it is that there are advanced aliens are out there. That's the way probability works.

You are not capable in making an argument against alien technology.

Other than that nobody's ever proven there are aliens, you mean. Otherwise, you're right. I can't prove an negative. I can't prove advanced alien technology doesn't exist any more than I can prove monkeys won't fly out of your butt. It's up to you to prove that monkeys can or have actually flown out of your butt.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I can't prove advanced alien technology doesn't exist any more than I can prove monkeys won't fly out of your butt. It's up to you to prove that monkeys can or have actually flown out of your butt.

Although I disagree with your evaluation of my Original post, I have to agree with you here. That sort of logic is an evasion tactic on this issue. One can neither prove nor disprove alien existence or technology, only make assumptions, theories, and opinions based off whatever they perceive to be the evidence.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Nohup

I can't prove advanced alien technology doesn't exist any more than I can prove monkeys won't fly out of your butt. It's up to you to prove that monkeys can or have actually flown out of your butt.

Although I disagree with your evaluation of my Original post, I have to agree with you here. That sort of logic is an evasion tactic on this issue. One can neither prove nor disprove alien existence or technology, only make assumptions, theories, and opinions based off whatever they perceive to be the evidence.

Exactly. Of course, one of the biggest problems with proving "alien" anything is that we don't really have good protocols in place to do it. Only recently have such disciplines as "exogeology," or "exobiology" been incorporated into our schools/science programs. There is no good peer review system set up to evaluate UFO evidence. So we're stuck with a lot of conjecture and emotionally-based arguments. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that situation is going to change any time soon, though, because there just isn't any money in UFOs or aliens.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe that aliens did live among us as Gods, I see no evidence supporting that claim. Gods were simply another function of control, and I just believe that the ancient people who believed in these gods were stupid and simply conned into obedience and a certain "moral code"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unbelievable

Well where do you suppose the Greek/Roman "Gods" mythology came from, for example?

"Gods" and "demi-Gods" with spectacular, super-human abilities living amongst us, inter-breeding with us....?

What's more likely, that they just made up all those stories out of thin air, or that those stories are based on real events?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

anyone thats interested or hasnt seen this yet, its about the giza pyramids and discrepancies in how it was erected.

peace

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reconpilot
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Not a crazy notion at all , it happens to be true .
The evidence for your ET origins are everywhere you look and in your DNA.
If you ever come to visit OZ , let me know and I can tell you a beach you can visit where I can guarantee half the people you will see there are Aliens ! Its funny because we take it for granted but its true nonetheless .
You will notice a lot of the guys and galls have Dragon Tattoos . You will notice lots of grey and green eyes , you will notice a lot of guys have monobrows ( a classic altairian male feature ) .
You will notice altairians generally have square jawed faces , very handsome , lean and muscular . Always polite to the ladies .
Just a little something I thought you may find interesting , Beautiful.
Dont let it go to your head though !

Where is this beach or town please?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Gazrok
The fact that some of their knowledge seems unexplainable through primitive methods. If you'd care to show me a link that creates possible alternative scenarios which would make some of their knowledge possible please do. I've searched for one with conclusive examination to no avail.

Here's an article in New Scientist about this. Probably the strongest evidence that the Egyptians didn't have extraterrestrial help is that the alignment of the pyramids became more precise as they built more pyramids which shows how they were refining their methods. Surely aliens would have told them how to do it correctly the first time.

And to the person who mentioned the mutiliation done to the skulls, yes I'm well aware many cultures did this to themselves, I just find it strange that some did it to appear like Gods who strangely resemble aliens.

"Resemble aliens" is your modern interpretation of how these skulls look. You're assuming aliens look like this. Most of the alleged alien sightings I've read about do not describe them as having elongated heads. You can find a report of an alien looking like almost anything you can imagine.

I personally think that excessive tattoo artistry and other forms of body art that are popular today make people look more like aliens!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scowl

You're assuming aliens look like this.

I'm assuming something other worldly did or another human species simply because the long heads are not the only difference between the descriptions of the Gods and people, also higher intelligence and powers play into this theory. Not to mention the fact ancient societies that knew nothing of each other describe the same beings.

As for the pyramids I stated in another post I'm about 50/50 on that, and yes I believe there are several logical conclusion to how man created them. Thank you for the article.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by scowl
I'm assuming something other worldly did or another human species simply because the long heads are not the only difference between the descriptions of the Gods and people, also higher intelligence and powers play into this theory.

No one worshiped Gods that are stupider and weaker than humans.

Not to mention the fact ancient societies that knew nothing of each other describe the same beings.

I only see the Mayans listed here. What other societies are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by scowl

I only see the Mayans listed here. What other societies are you referring to?

Mayans, Incans, Egyptians, Aztecs…

No one worshiped Gods that are stupider and weaker than humans.

Correct, but it is interesting how much some of these Gods played into certain societies knowledge of the stars.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Rapinbats, this may be a little off topic, but I just have to say that it seems like every time i think of something to add to a conversation, you have somehow beaten me to it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join