It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that aliens once lived among us as Gods?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hate to be a Donny downer but they were not Aliens. The Mayans in particular used to practice head shaping on children at an early age to resemble ears of corn (one of the gods they worshiped) Corn or Maize, was considered to be the life blood/food of the Mayans.

At least that was what was told to me by student of ancient Mayan history of the university down in the Mayan Riviera last spring when I was there on Vacation. My wife and I met him on a tour of the Coba Ruins (amazing by the way).

Here are a couple of links to possible explanation for the skulls

Headshaping 1

headshaping 2

headshaping 3

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
and here's an article about the starchild skull
here's the horned skulls, pumpkinhead and other weird skulls
and the other weird skeletons out there

[edit on 16-7-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It seems unlikely also that ancient societies such as the mayans would know so much about the stars if beings with advanced technology did not teach them about the solar system.

What's unlikely about it? All primitive societies were avid astronomers. Surely, they must have gazed at the heavens in wonder, and assumed that the sky had some lesson to teach. So, it was only natural to observe and record positions. In time, these observations allowed predicting of the seasons, etc., so those who did so were revered and made clergy.

It doesn't take advanced technology to observe the heavens. Most fail to give ancient man the credit he deserves for his determination, the amazing capability of slave labor of thousands of slaves, and ingenuity.

Also, if you read more about skull binding, you'll see it was largely in children, and for those who were sacrificed. Sacrifices, not everyday emulation. Most of those claiming non-altered skulls have little scientific leg to stand on also. Then there are the Ahkenaton style folks, which have some natural deformities.

While I don't discount the idea of emulation of space being visitors...I doubt such beings would be content slumming with us, especially in ancient times as rulers. Would YOU want to rule in ancient Egypt, and leave your PS3, CD player, and high-def TV at home? Probably not.... A visit? Sure, to stay and rule in a continuous low tech level....seems a bit absurd really. What would they gain from it? A slight ego boost?

Not to mention, given these peoples' practices, rituals, etc., if they were ruled by such beings, then man, these things were not the kind of aliens you want to meet in a dark alley. Sports where the losers were executed, the aforementioned child sacrifices, etc.? Not exactly the kind, benevolent alien rulers you were imagining, huh?

If you're really into this line of thinking though, I'd suggest looking up topics such as "Cargo cults" or the whole "Star child" idea....I just can't put much credence in them....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good thread,

I think the ancients were trying to describe ancient technology in the language of the day which was myth and mystery.

I think the Bible is a communication from an advanced race called The Elohim and they were led by Yahweh Elohim who was manifested in the person of Jesus Christ.

In the Bible they talk about clouds that hover and take people up into the cloud. Fire comes from the clouds.

You have chariots of fire, Ezekiel's wheel and more.

The Bible says, The Lord Rideth on a swift cloud.

A good place to check out is:
www.bibleufo.com...

You couple this with the direct and circumstantial evidence that supports things within ufology and it all adds up.

It's just like in Revelation when John said the world will see the body of the two witnesses.

For years, people wondered how the world could see these two bodies in such a short period of time.

Well, now we know. The internet and TV.

You look at other things like the Sumerians and the Vimanas.

This was said about the vimanas:

Having spoken thus, Maharaja Nirga made a complete circle around Lord Krishna and touched his crown to the Lord's feet. Granted permission to depart, King Nirga then boarded a wonderful celestial car as all the people looked on. (Bhagavata Purana)

While Dhruva Maharaja was passing through space, he saw, in succession, all the planets of the solar system, and on the path he saw all the demigods in their vimanas showering flowers upon him like rain. (Bhagavata Purana)

It then says:

When the Daityas were being slaughtered they again took to their vimana and, employing the Danava science, flew up into the sky . . . I (Arjuna) assaulted their vimana . . . Wounded by the flight of deadly-accurate iron missiles, the Asura vimana fell broken to the earth . . . Matali swiftly descended earthward, as in a steep dive, on our divinely effulgent car. (Mahabharata)

The Vimana hurled iron missles.
www.atlantisquest.com...

Absence of physical evidence, doesn't mean absence of evidence.

We have no physical evidence for black holes or virtual particles, should we scrap them?

Also, we could have many extraterrestrial artifacts on earth.

When there found, there not going to be labled extraterrestrial.

Archeologist are going to try and put these things into the category of a known culture where the objects were found.

There's no made in China stickers on the bottom of these artifacts.

So you could label an artifact Egyptian, when it's has extraterrestrial origins.

So archeologist have to build a narrative based on what cultures we currently know. There's some that think outside the box but not many.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
how do you intend to examine it? im all for it but i dont see where youre going with this. chances are god is an alien? how about god created us, and were the "alien" maybe.... god is not an alien flying around in a spaceship. im curious on the subject at hand though so im just curious what the plan is........is there a plan?not to mention whats been mentioned so far is a far cry from proof,

If proof is what you are after I think this is the wrong topic for you. There is no conclusive proof that God or Aliens exist. Only faith, honestly. I have more faith in the idea that Aliens exist, and even more faith in the idea that they may be responsible for us or the myth of Gods.

By examine I mean looking at all of the evidence I need to convince myself objectively. So far no such evidence has come. In my post I mention how I'm baffled about the pyramids, but there are many ways human beings could have performed such a task. It is mostly what the mayans discussed, including about the stars, that has me convinced past civilizations were visited by aliens.

As for the person who said God is not flying around in a spaceship and that God is not an alien, since when do you speak for God? If you are a believer in him I'd be careful about speaking for him, those two things do not go together.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What's unlikely about it?

The fact that some of their knowledge seems unexplainable through primitive methods. If you'd care to show me a link that creates possible alternative scenarios which would make some of their knowledge possible please do. I've searched for one with conclusive examination to no avail.

And to the person who mentioned the mutiliation done to the skulls, yes I'm well aware many cultures did this to themselves, I just find it strange that some did it to appear like Gods who strangely resemble aliens. This also does not explain the skulls that seem to have been born with this mutation, we did not know yet if it was a disease, another species of man, or what caused this mutation, so I find that subject in paticular very interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Perhaps, WE ARE GODS and mankind has seen the potential in his ability to manifest things through the will of energy.

I know of our abilities, that is what worries me somedays, not because of the potential harm, but because of the direction in which our thoughts go.

Imagination leads to creation, the energy is placed through currents of energy that either speed up our evolution or demise.

As far as the necessity to keep an old civilisation alive through the Egyptions, they were placed in a different position in space, that helped give them the qualities needed to make such wonderful inventions. Speeding up of the frequency waves speeds up the mindset for future relations. Not all egyptions were just humans they were SUPERHUMANS.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

ok first of all i decide which thread is best for me....i dont need you there. mmmmk. the title is evidence that aliens lived among us as gods. so far i see no evidence, certainly not proof, yeah believe it or not i know the difference...hooray for me. i have done plenty of looking into the subject, its a dead end, do i speak for god....no. do you speak for aliens?

i have thought many times over that the explanation for how ancients built pyramids is rather dull. i think there is much more to it than how its explained on, say...national geographic. plus take into account that ancient drawings clearly depict ufo's and/or aliens. plus how god used to talk to man, but not nowadays. so maybe its a possibility that they had help erecting these pyramids, or at least some of them. but as far as evidence for alieans living here as gods, where has anything ever been found to even promote such an idea? elongated skulls, okay that strange, but what else......its a dead end IMO.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

ok first of all i decide which thread is best for me....i dont need you there

Calm down, I apologize if I offended you. I shouldn’t have made that suggestion. I just want it to be clear that when discussing this particular topic with me I have no proof on either matter, nor does anyone else, only belief and speculation.

so far i see no evidence

This is where our opinions differ, no big deal.

do you speak for aliens?

Where did I speak for aliens in my post? In my reply to that person they told me what God doesn’t do, something only God (if he exist) can tell.

elongated skulls

There fact that some did it to emulate the way their Gods look and that ancient Egyptians describe a God as looking like what we consider today to be aliens is a telling key to this puzzle, to me. To you it may not be, this is simply the opinion I have formed.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

i see no reason to debate or argue with you. you say there is evidence for aliens living among us in the past. let me clarify that. there is some suggestion that it could be possible,not necassarily evidence,correct? so as being very interested in things of this nature, i simply want to know if you know more than what i already know, maybe something thats pretty rare, or something i could have missed, or in other anything that hasnt been mentioned in this thread already? and by the way, i was calm..

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

i simply want to know if you know more than what i already know,

I doubt it; we simply form different opinions from the same information. Your opinion is valid and I’m sorry if you perceived me to be questioning it. I’ll try to be less antagonistic.

Again, this is the evidence that has formed my beliefs: There fact that some did it to emulate the way their Gods look and that ancient Egyptians describe a God as looking like what we consider today to be aliens is a telling key to this puzzle, to me. To you it may not be, this is simply the opinion I have formed.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

as someone already stated they elongated their heads by choice. so what makes you think different? its ok if we disagree, its nice to have that other side of the story. right?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would like to see any type of forensic evidence that could show any proof of possible genetic manipulation with these skulls. I would think there may still be evidence as to how much of this skull was actually brain material or just fluid. A heavier head would have a greater strain on the neck etc.

The star child skull is interesting but seems to lack a jaw bone and teeth along with the rest of the body. For all we know it was some type of bird.The lack of funds etc. and conclusions took so long that I lost interest thinking it was just a scam for funds and publicity. I believe it was on Larry King at least once. (eh)

Depending on your belief system, you can choose to be a skeptic or a believer that there has been genetic and cultural manipulation by an advanced race of people. I seriously doubt our governments have been covering up thousands of years of continuous evidence.

More likely; it would have been those visiting or else it would be common knowledge. Some make reference to other races that live under ground.

It would seem many here don't have as much interest in these earth based species because they don't appear to be alien. That doesn't mean they don't have any knowledge of ET's technology or weren't originally related.

Most people eventually seek out advanced technology as real evidence. Bodies can be hoaxed along with photos and videos.

I prefer a sky filled with massive ships as better evidence. If you came across some alien device, what would you do with it? Put on a public display? Sell it on Ebay?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Primitive societies always try to imitate and record their experiences with advanced races . Its a perfectly natural response to something out of the ordinary . BUT technology is not shared because primitive people will invariably turn on each other with it .
As usual ,the debunkers who fear the truth destroying their primitive belief systems , pooh pooh all our efforts to reach out to you . They have much to loose when the truth does come out . Their livelihoods ,their precious ,predatory religious protection rackets and on it goes.
Your God , the one so many of you blindly worship , is just a stranded alien who lost his technology and power when he went to war with our people . He's stuck here .All he wants is to get off ,escape his punishment . He cares only for himself . He loves only himself.

But because most humans try to emulate his modus operandi , you lie ,you cheat you ,you war and rape ,wherever you go . You copy his behaviour because he is your 'GOD'. Your Jealous god, your only god .
His time is almost up , he is panicking ,he cannot escape and so he throws everything out there in a last desperate bid for the freedom he has denied you all for so long . Let the bastard go , he does not serve you ,he does not care about you . The evidence for that is all around you .

He claims to be your father because you are his genetic experiment , according to him. How do you claim ownership of anyones soul !
Ridiculous . HE was a genetic experiment .The star trek episodes built around the story of Kahn are based on him.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

its nice of you to throw your religious beliefs on all of us, but what does that have to do with the topic.... just curious....how did you form all those opinions? that must have been hard
poor guy

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is just an idea but you know when they say stuff in the bible like risen to the heavens great light and such doesnt that sound like some sort of ship or something coming down or taking off maybe the only reason they said heavens was because they ment like into the sky they just didnt know how else to say it, it was a long time ago vocab wasnt to good im sure im pretty sure your right though about this idea because the pyramids are aligned with stars err something right? tribute much?? and humans did evolve during like 2 million years or so and that is FAST scientist have already considered our race to be genetically modified from the same common ancestor as apes or monkeys im not sure. and that our evolution was sped up. maybe from the tenth planet in out solar system? planet x. but ya that all could explain the creationism stuff from religion those people from then wouldnt have any other way to explain who these more advanced beings that helped them so they called them gods i know i would have. just think about. peace

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Think about how the ancients would describe advanced technology.

The technology would be godlike to them, but our generation could understand what they are trying to describe.

Here's another example:

We beheld in the sky what appeared to us to be a mass of scarlet cloud resembling the fierce flames of a blazing fire. From that mass many blazing missiles flashed, and tremendous roars, like the noise of a thousand drums beaten at once. And from it fell many weapons winged with gold and thousands of thunderbolts, with loud explosions, and many hundreds of fiery wheels. Loud became the uproar of falling horses, slain by these missiles, and of mighty elephants struck by the explosions . . . Those terrible Rakshasas had the shape of large mounds stationed in the sky. (Mahabharata)

www.atlantisquest.com...

Where else to you here about clouds that do these things? The Bible talks about clouds that hover and people enter into the cloud.

It also talks about fiery wheels.

Ezekiel talked about a wheel within a wheel.

You couple that with eyewitness accounts from Presidents, Pilots, Police Officers and more. Cave painting, paintings, pictures, video, trace evidence and abduction cases, what other conclusion can be drawn except these beings have been visiting us since the dawn of our species.

You look at physics and they are explaining the universe in terms of string theory, m-theory, extra-dimension,multiverse, parallel universes and more.

Scientist are also starting to see that life can evolve in conditions outside of earth. We might have originated outside of earth.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

as someone already stated they elongated their heads by choice.

Yes but it is the reason some did this that fuels my beliefs, the reason that different cultures that knew nothing of the other had alien looking Gods, and that some elongated skulls show no sign of mutation, purposeful or not, making researchers believe they may be another human species (please review the link I gave in my first post).

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I have no religious beliefs , but obviously you do by your reaction .

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Your attitude demonstrates better than I ever could ,why most humans are never contacted . Your sneering arrogance is a thin mask to hide your fear and hate . Your prayerfull attitude will not save you , nor will your God. He is only worried about his own skin . How many have died in the name of religion ,how many children molested by priests and politicians .
Where was your loving god when the innocent needed him ? to busy Plotting more death and destruction , thats where .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join