It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been on this a site a long time and now I get pics

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well. I stayed up late into the night/early morning(my time), reading all of this thread, and checking out all of the pictures.

Got to admit, I'm as excited as everyone else to hear about the final analysis. To the OP, for posting, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Not for nothing, but nobody's told me why this is not a firefly.

All of the fireflies that I've seen emit a greenish light that lasts for a couple seconds. The light in the picture is blue-white and doesn't have the type of motion blur that a firefly would create.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Almost every image of nightfall can be altered with brightness and contrast to make it appear as it was taken at daytime...

Just a quickjob

So to state the images in the opening post where altered to look as nightfall is just funny

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Lunica]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Check out the pictures taken at Pine Bush; they're similar.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So about the accusations of peoples' questioning earlier in the thread...

I think I've come to the conclusion that most of us feel quite skeptical because we want so much to believe. But don't want to get our hopes up, just to find out we've been had.

Would be exciting to figure out, no matter what the object is. Gov project, or extra-terrestrial in nature...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
One photo to show that at this time of year the night is lighter than many people think.

This photos is a resized version of the original. It has lost the EXIF data because Paint Shop Pro 6, the program I used, did not knew about those things back in 1999.

The original can be seen here.

PS: this photo was taken today at 22:00, the original image has the EXIF data.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

Great thread!Starred,flagged,and 'DUGG'.It is great to see the back and forth debate on what this object is!This is what ATS is all about;bringing forth evidence of the unknown and working together to uncover the truth.(great pictures by the way)!

If I may,has anyone considered ball lightning?

Ball lightning is an atmospheric phenomenon, the physical nature of which is still controversial. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is sometimes associated with thunderstorms, but unlike lightning flashes, which last only a fraction of a second, ball lightning reportedly lasts many seconds. Laboratory experiments have produced effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but it is presently unknown whether these are actually related to the naturally occurring phenomenon.

en.wikipedia.org...
*This looks kind of like your UFO doesn't it?

**Now compare with OP's UFO.

*This image showing how ball lightning can move in odd directions and manifest itself.

*Another example of ball lightning that looks similar to your UFO.

*This is an example of ball lightning over a water source(I'm sure it can take this form without water too)

Some quick questions for the OP:
1.Where you anywhere near water?
2.Were there thunderstorms in the area before,during,or after the 'UFO'?
3.Exactly how long was the 'UFO' around?
4.Are there any magnetic anomalies anywhere around were you were at?
Thanks again for posting the pictures and answering these questions!

**I want to let you know I am a firm believer in UFOs(just read my threads,or ask some members on this thread who know me),I am NOT calling your pictures a hoax,I am simply trying to exhaust all logical and natural explanations!

[edit on 6/28/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313If the truth is unable to be determined, everyone tried and everyone gave their best, and WORSE case scenario..... drum roll please...we have ourselves an unidentified flying object!

Really? I would actually gather that the worst case scenario would be finding out that these are edited photographs and the craft was non-existent in the photos until they reached Photoshop. I called it a hoax back on page 8 and I'm sticking to my gut feeling. Once again, it is a low-poly render of a 'craft' that results in sharp instead of smooth, round edges like you would expect to see if it was genuine. It's just plain bad graphics, like you would find in a poorly made video game.

I really don't see what all the hype is about.

Furthermore, judging by the GIF images made of its flight pattern... what the hell would it be achieving by flying erratically in loops and not going anywhere? I believe in Extraterrestrial Crafts finding their way to earth, just not this one.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

what the hell would it be achieving by flying erratically in loops and not going anywhere?

Exactly why ball lightning is a good candidate for the UFO,if it is not CGI.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

you say "low poly" this and that

tell me something

what are you comparing a potential alien space craft to?

Something constructed by humans?

if aliens are real, and this is areal saucer, do you really think its going to look like anything you've ever seen before?

If humans have figured out what a flying saucer is going to look like, and reflect it in pop culture so you have a reference point

dont you think we would be colonizing other planets by now?

Dont debunk it simply because it doesnt "look right"

because you'd look really silly when first contact is established

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Also notice how the ball lightning 'flares' the pictures with extreme brightness,like in the OP's pictures.

[edit on 6/28/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

i honestly have to say that was probably the best comment on any website I have ever seen. Props to you whoever you are. The world really needs more people like you. HI-FIVE. And the pics also are very intriguing as well. Everyone here gets an imaginary hi-five card to carry with them. You're awesome.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I saved the last photo as my desk top when i did i saw the image seemes to be a jet i might be wrong but it looks as if you can see two wings the nose and a litle blob that looks abit like a cockpit(hope i spelt that right)

As to what the lights are i don't know maby ball lightning hitting a jet???

can one light source look like three on a photo if the object in question is moving fast enough? quite a puzzel.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's a Chinook, helicopter. Or is it?
Looks possible to me, Chinooks also make a very low pitched throbbing sound.

Thanks for the pics, very interesting

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Really all I can do is laugh. When this is debunked as CG will I really be the one looking silly? doubtful. I'm just doing what we do best here on ATS, denying ignorance. I feel it would be ignorant for me not to doubt this case as I see great evidence against it's authenticity brought up by the input of many others in this thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Alora

i honestly have to say that was probably the best comment on any website I have ever seen. Props to you whoever you are. The world really needs more people like you. HI-FIVE. And the pics also are very intriguing as well. Everyone here gets an imaginary hi-five card to carry with them. You're awesome.

Aw shucks, thanks
High-five back at ya!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have found the CF card and still have all the images untouched by a computer (12 in total), some I have not put up as they were very shaky, but here I go again - this time no color adjustments just as they came out of the camera . Should I start a new thread with these or should I keep it here?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

HeyUB.. just a quickie question. Were the lights strobing/sequenced/solid?
You said they were intensely bright yeah?
Cheers for that.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing! just post a link to the raw files so all these "experts" and wanna-be's can do what they want with them.

The "UFO" (by definition.. unidentified to us) looks great. first impression of the first picture was wow! lol Not sure what it is or how much of it is messed up due to the exposure.

thanks again!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by cRiTiC]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

The lights were slow strobe (not the normal on off) bright and then very bright

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join