It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been on this a site a long time and now I get pics

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Anyone else notice the OP hasn't been back to reply/post anything??

If he's mysteriously disappeared, maybe it's safe to assume the photos are most definitely real?

EDITED to add...

[edit on 28-6-2008 by LostNemesis]

Maybe he has real stuff to do? A job, Girlfriend, friends.... ever think of that?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This thread has compelled me to actually log in for the first time in a while. Excellent job to the OP .... you have exhibited a lot of class and patience.

I have been fortunate enough to witness two similar objects during my lifetime. The lights on these objects are not your typical garden variety. It's hard for your brain to process when you actually see them with your own eyes, because the lights look 3-D and holographic (for lack of a better description).

Drawing a comparison is next to impossible, as the mechanisms behind the phenomena are so totally foreign.

While this thread may not solve any of life's mysteries, it just may succeed at getting more people to pay attention to the skies and have experiences of their own.

Keep up the good fight, OP!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdeye

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Anyone else notice the OP hasn't been back to reply/post anything??

If he's mysteriously disappeared, maybe it's safe to assume the photos are most definitely real?

EDITED to add...

[edit on 28-6-2008 by LostNemesis]

Maybe he has real stuff to do? A job, Girlfriend, friends.... ever think of that?

Why would he do that? Everything a person would want is right here on ATS.
What, does he think he's better than me? lol
Nope, he's definitely up to something englishly sordid.

Not for nothing, but nobody's told me why this is not a firefly.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You don't get fireflies in England. Anyway, keep us entertained...

There seems to be a loose consensus emerging: the picks may well be genuine & they show a military craft of some kind, maybe a V-22 Osprey, a VTOL aircraft or a stealth helicopter. The latter sounds like a strong contender...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
wow, where do i start in replying to all these questions!

Firstly, I would question why it took me so long to post these and the answer is simple - I am into photography and I didn't think the pics were that good! I made a big error photographing the object, I let the camera decide on exposure time - just set the iso and aperture. If anybody knows anything about photgraphy and automatic exposure you'll know the camera tried to make the images into something like daylight - i'll be kicking myself on the one for a long time. This is a good camera and can fire off 6FPS but at 1 sec exposure that wasn't to be.

To the posted that suggest there was sun light on the trees! not at 10.30pm - maybe my house lights.

So maybe that'll answer at least three questions, why so long, why does it look like day light and why so many.

Where was it? - Locate Hampton Court on google earth and follow the river SW for approx 1/4 mile.

What did it sound like? - Low volume constant deep bass buzzing - the kind that makes you wonder where it is coming from - hard to describe.

Why does a light look cloned - I dunno and make no apologises - if i wanted to fake a ufo pic i would do a much better job than these - but it would be proved fake so why bother! these are real pics and nobody will be able to prove them fake - you got the warts and all.

What color was it - as I have said Green and white lights - if I had of seen a red light (that aircraft have to display around here) this wouldn't be a thread. I shot the pics cos something wasn't normal.

I have not had men in black suits knocking on my door

Nice animation - thanks.

When I am asked by the imaging experts for the raw files - i'll be a happy man because then somebody else will know these pics are 100% real

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
These pics were obviously taken in the day time, adjust the brightness a little and you can see the Blue sky, White clouds and Green trees. You woulden't see that if it was nighttime.

My guess is that it's one of these, or something similar.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

Thank you for your response. Many thanks for posting your pictures in here! I am very impressed.

My only question is how fast this thing was going? Is my animation at around the correct speed?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Original_Sin

I think you're making valid points. However during the past week I was out fishing till dark, and I specifically remember being able to tie knots by holding the hook & line up to the sky between 10.15 & 10.30 pm. I then walked for half an hour through remote farmland no trouble at all - I wasn't even carrying a torch (or flashlight for our American cousins). There could easily have been a bit of colour in the sky, despite the time, and especially in view of the fact this guy was using a very sensitive camera.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
DANG NICE PICS!!!

Even if it is CGI it's pretty good!

All I can say is WOW! This has ufo all ofer it!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I know I may be accused of many things, but I have to ask this.

In the opening post you said "Monday before last ..." and when Sherpa pointed that the images were from 14/6/2008, a Saturday, you said "My Apologies, these have been sitting on my card for a couple of weeks and I checked the exif for date and must have got it wrong (I transpose numbers in my mind 14/6 became 16th for some reason)."

I know that many people transpose some numbers or even some letters with some numbers, but what I don't understand, and that is why I want to ask it, is how did you mixed a Saturday with a Monday? And that was only two weeks ago. Don't you remember the rest of the day for knowing if it was a Saturday or a Monday and you have to look at a calendar or something like that?

PS: I still do not know what that could have been, I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

This doesn't look like 10:30pm to me, does it you?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Firstly thank you to the op for this opportunity to try and decipher some interesting photos. Would it be possible for you to upload the RAW images to a data server/free image host so anyone interested could download them and do our own research to try find any shapes or points of interest?

Thanks also to the guy who made the gif, one thing i wanted to check though are you sure its moving left to right as far as the exif time data went or could it be right to left? Maybe make a gif going the other way i thought it was interesting how the brightest lights seemed to rotate around a central axis while moving horizontally across the frame?

Thanks
Dskys

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Unless I'm mistaken that image is actually the result of deliberately, artificially increasing the brightness to a point where it looks like day.

I believe the guy who did this was specifically concerned about the presence of colour in the image rather than trying to suggest there was actually this amount of light when the picture was taken. As regards the possibility of colour I previously said:

There could easily have been a bit of colour in the sky, despite the time, and especially in view of the fact this guy was using a very sensitive camera.

...having explained how light it can be in the UK at this time of the year.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That looks like an altered image, regardless of the time of day.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

And it could be the other way around no?, deliberately, artificially decreasing the brightness to a point where it looks like night.?.

Untill i see the raw im going to have to disagree with you though buddy.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is some blue hue to the sky right after dusk. There is a phenomenon called airglow that is apparent to the naked eye away from town. It is bluish in color. The sky is never completely dark.

Information on airglow
en.wikipedia.org...

theukbloke has a sensitive camera with some exposure time. The light from the clouds is from city lights. As for the green color on the leaves, he said that could be from his house light.

Just my two cents

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I agree, the final jury is out until the raw pics have been analyzed.

Also, looking back and reading what the guy who increased the brightness said, he was indeed claiming to portray what a postulated original may have looked like. But I would agree with other commentators that it is the issue of the presence of colour that could potentially have made a more compelling argument for these being daytime pictures, although they may not have been aware how light it can be even up to 11.00pm in the UK when the days are at their longest.

It strikes me that simply upping the brightness and stopping at an arbitrary point, then turning around and saying the pictures may have started like this and been artificially darkened says more about the effectiveness of the software than the reliability of the OP.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Sorry DA, I wasn't meaning to contradict you (by implication) regarding the issue of colour in the night sky: I was still typing when you posted.

Nice post.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by sherpa

I think your EXIF software is not working as it should, I also get Lightroom as the program used

---- XMP-xmp ----
Modify Date : 2008:06:27 23:01:48+01:00
Creator Tool : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

I used Exiftool, available for Windows or Mac OS X.

What did you use?

I am using jpeg snoop and have just tried their latest beta version in case it can differentiate between Photoshop and Lightroom unlike the version I used before, unfortunately no difference it still says ordinary old Photoshop .

This is an interesting excercise as I think this is the first instace that I have seen Lightroom processed images posted possibly because this RAW image output is just beginning to filter down from the high end to middle range cameras now.

Obvously the op has a very nice camera and I thank him for making this process apparent to me.

What does concern me a little though is having the software available to check if RAW images are modified if they are going to be the more common format submitted for scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know it has been said that the image has been alterd from a day time view to night im just wondering, if that's the case what perpose dose it serve? the image still look's amazing. The dark sky image of the origanal pictures is consistant with the night sky in the U.K.

Im not going to say it's a hoax untell it's proven which i don't think it will be.
As to what it is it is a true unknown

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join