It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Person standing on cliff?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Those aren't shadows. I'm afraid once more NASA has deemed fit to airbrush out civilization/structural details from the landscape. It's a classic ploy! Look closely at the 'shadows' and you will begin to see the very obvious strokes made by computer airbrushing.

I'll try to see what, if anything, is left behind using a photo processing package and get back to you. (If it's of interest).

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Just saw this image on the Mars HiRise site. Looks like a person, or object sitting on the cliff edge. The object casts a long shadow, so it must be of some height.

Image of Object on Mars Cliff

Raw image can be found here...
Original image

There's Waldo... Thank g-d I finally found him!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If you rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise and then zoom into the general area of the pole, rock, you discovered, then follow in a straight line to the left over what looks to be a costal bay or ice/shiny rocks you will eventually come to what looks like the entrance to some kind of temple with a carving of a creature on top.

I have a vivid imagination & it's probably naturally formed but I thought i'd point it out! it would look quite cool in a movie.

p.s. how do i add an image to my post ?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
you have to answer me this???? how did you get a person standing on a cliff, by looking at that picture??? I cant believe a person can be that naive to actually believe that a tiny dot on the surface of mars, would be a person standing on a cliff. How can a person make such a leap from reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The "shade" is pointing the wrong direction! Look at the other things, the light is clearly coming from the northwest side of the picture. The "shade" of the object is pointing the same way!

This is not possible! Conclusion it is not a shade but a trail of a small meteorite or so, if you enlarge the picture you can see a little one just above (just something smaller) so, this suggests the meteorite split in two fragments

Just my opinion.

I have zoomed it in, but don't know how to post it?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I generally try not to speculate too much into these types of things (mars pics, moon pics, etc), but this is certainly an interesting find by the OP. I have attempted to highlight another interesting area on this same picture. I'm not sure, but there appears to be two or three structures in the top left of the picture. See what you guys think!

This area is in the top left of the original picture.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
That reminds me of the angel of the north.

I detest that rusty pile of crap.. Pass it nearly every day.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by AGENT_T]

Tell me about it mate! What a waste of steel, and yet people down south like it! lol. Where abouts you from? I'm from Whitley Bay.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I was wondering about the scale issue myself. The sun doesn't seem to be so low that it would cast such a long shadow if it were in fact just a roundish shape stone. It appears to be a tall slender object, which makes no sense how it could be standing upright in such a way. There are no other like stones in the immediate area, which would make sense that their would be if it were a scattering of random rocks.

"It's vapor escaping a crack on the surface. Thus creating a distant shadow." - NxSA

LOL

Looks like an antennae sensory tower. Most likely placed by those devious NxSA scout teams. I'd say the alien agenda is a good cause as well. Human sniffers. A telescope. Regardless it could not be any EBE types standing there. Look where it is at. Why would someone be standing there? There is no access points at all within range to just come out of hiding in some inhabitable wasteland. Who knows maybe it really is the Jawas still living there after that planet was wiped out by the Empire.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There are carved lines in the gorge in the bottom right.
Strange lines i say!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm gonna gonna be the skeptic here, and say that is NOT a shadow at all, but just one of hundreds of geological anomilies in the photo.

If you look, these dark spots are all over the place, but there is nothing there casting a shadow. It's a gash in the terrain, look at the Hi Rez image, the object in question is blurry, and semi transparent, and the spadow doesn't even begin where this object ends, theres a nice size pce between them.

Not to mention the shadow is shaped like two points of a 5 sided star, while the image supposedly casting this shadow doesn't appear to have ANY sharp edges.

This is really reaching.

Anyone who can find it on the Hi res will see it's not the object in question casting a shadow, and in fact its not a shadow at all, just a chasm, like the other dozens, and doezens of cutout chasms, in the photo.

I wonder how long you looked at this picture before concliding that was a being standing on a cliff, casting a shadow?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone have seen this but ill post it anyways, there is 2 objects casting shadow in same area i have magnified picture a bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is not the first time I've spotted lone strange objects casting shadows, but I figured I would post this one.

After further study of the large hi-res image, it appears to me that the slant of the sheer cliff face the object rests on is quite steep. This would cause a longer shadow than if it were a flat surface. Still, the object looks oddly out of place, why just one object and not a scattering of like objects? Just one, by itself.

The scale of the image is also in question, if anyone here knows the general scale of this object please post it. It could be the size of a man, or it could be the size of a 50 foot diameter circular metallic craft. You know, the kind that are in our imaginations caused by swamp gas.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Dont know if anyone have seen this but ill post it anyways, there is 2 objects casting shadow in same area i have magnified picture a bit.

Nice detail! What software are you using?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have enhanced the image to x 1000 dpi.

You can clearly make out what it is!

ENHANCED MARS IMAGE

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Classic!!!

I think where the ?boulder? is it is on level ground, but there are definitely steep slopes/cliffs there, too.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

wow... that looks like a saucer to me
anyone else see this like me?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That does look interesting OP, ill keep my eye on this thread to get every angle of this thread. Thanks for posting. Starred and Flagged.

Fox

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

LOL cameltoe...i believe the term would be Moose-knuckle for the male variant

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
hello.

i did not want to register to post this (ive been muzzled here on ats), but its worth a new thread:
life is possible on mars.

wissen.de.msn.com...

the article basically states:
- asparagous could be grown on mars
- the soil on mars is similar to that of earths deserts
- the soil shows traces of:
magnesium
potassium
sodium
co2
- the soil is not hostile to organic life
- the existence of ice on mars has been acknowledged (ice will be probed in the coming weeks)

best regards, cometa (alive and still kicking)

ps: here is a possible ufo video of from my hometown, have fun analyzing it (looks like a flame, could be due to ionization of air), the area has high ufo activity, lots of stuff has been spotted there yet and the parents of my friend could capture it now, because there where lots of lights up there, recently

video link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join