It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid "Psychic" Human Trick

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

I constantly find myself singing a song, it will be stuck in my head and then turn on the TV or radio and bam! It will be playing! Happening all the time!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I get the 'thing' with TV programmes too.

The 'synchronicity cluster' occurs many times when I'm reading, usually about the paranormal or conspiracy books. I usually ask out loud for it to stop.

If you want a really useless or massively annoying 'psychic power' try tuning into the illnesses of those close to you.

I can't tell you how often I've suffered because a friend, partner, sibling or even my ex- boss has been under the weather. (And my ex-boss was a hypochondriac - I could tell as soon as I came through the front gate if she was going to be a pain - er, in pain).

I don't do it deliberately and I don't know how to stop it.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
reply to post by frayed1

Well, that is pretty amazing, actually. I hope you learned to like fish. Cleaning fish is naaaasty, so that was your penance for "lying"

Ha! I didn't tell you that I cleaned the fish! How did you know that?!!

I have wondered what would have happened if I'd just given in and gone shopping that day.......did I avoid some 'misfortune'?? I blurted out my 'fish tale' without even thinking......it was almost like someone else spoke, using my voice......??

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I get the 'thing' with TV programmes too.

The 'synchronicity cluster' occurs many times when I'm reading, usually about the paranormal or conspiracy books. I usually ask out loud for it to stop.

If you want a really useless or massively annoying 'psychic power' try tuning into the illnesses of those close to you.

I can't tell you how often I've suffered because a friend, partner, sibling or even my ex- boss has been under the weather. (And my ex-boss was a hypochondriac - I could tell as soon as I came through the front gate if she was going to be a pain - er, in pain).

I don't do it deliberately and I don't know how to stop it.

I think there is a name for it, like empathetic illness or something like that. You could also just be an empathetic type of person. It isnt useless, IMO, because at the very least you know when to avoid people. I am like that, too, but usually with emotions, and not as much with physical problems.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ha! I didn't tell you that I cleaned the fish! How did you know that?!!

Cue spooky muzak

Well, anytime a person comes in with buckets of fish and not baggies, you know you are in for some gruesome work. People are much more generous with food they need help gutting it.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Ya me too. Its almost like you are willing the DJ to play it for you.

I have had pretty much every sort of precognitive occurances happen to me.. and many other types of things.. the only thing I have not done is telekenisis.

I am not really trying though.. things just happen. there was a time I tried to control my experiences and gifts but that was a long time ago and I just accept them as they are now.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I dont know how to use the scanner on the printer, but tomorrow is my day off, I will play around with it and see if I can figure it out. It is a great book, one of my favorites.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Thanks for telling me what it's called. I just googled 'empathetic illness' to find out more. There wasn't much, but it led me into a topic that I found far more interesting. Apparently, I have the same blood type as animals. That made my day and it might explain me being a bit intuitive(!).

I think I was mis-leading by saying people 'close' to me. I didn't mean 'close' as in the vicinity. Even 60 miles away they can still get me. I think that's called covert hostility
Or at least it feels like it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Same blood type? What type would that be? I am going to look that up now cuz you have peaked my curiousity.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have/had an unusual ability. I stopped using it about 10 years ago, but that doesn't mean I can't tune into it again.

It involves playing cards. Now before you go spouting about street tricks with David Blaine or something, this is different.

I was able to pick up on a spedific card's "energy" based on the picture in my head. I wasn't able to fine tune it to suit, but the ability was scary so say the least.

I took a brand new deck of cards into my computer applications class to where I was good friends with my teacher and some of the students there. I had the teacher unwrap the new deck, take out the jokers and instructional card, and shuffle the deck. I had other people shuffle the deck, as many times as they liked, all while my back was turned to them.

Here is where it gets interesting:

I would hold the deck firmly in my hand, with the small side up, as if you were dealing, card face to my palm. I would close my eyes and run the tip of my finger over the top of the deck while picturing the ace of spades, or diamonds, etc. Come to think of it, I I think the reason I never fine tuned to suit is that I couldn't concentrate on one card at a time, only on the number/letter.

Anyway, I would run my finger along the short side of the deck and "feel" for the card's energy. To which when I got close, my whole body started to tingle. Very gradually, then intense, then if I passed the card, it would fade. I would focus in on the strongest sensation, then cut the deck.

99% of the time, I would either cut straight to the ace, or the card would be 1 to either side of where I cut.

I did this multiple times with at least 3 people shuffling the deck, pulling all four aces again and again. I even freaked myself out.

I have not tried this anymore, but I should, it was rather interesting, and I do believe that there is an inherant energy within everything in the universe, alive or not.

King

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Type B.

I can't remember the site, but I googled something like ' charactersitics of blood types', picking up from something I stumbled over in one of the empathetic illness sites.

Another thing I found very interesting was that a Japanese professor or scientist had made character profiles for all the different blood types and the characters in manga / anime have personalities based on these.

I didn't mention this earlier because I didn't want to go too far off topic. Also, there have been questions about the validity of the Japanese professor's theories.

I did find that I matched the type b profile to quite a degree, but it's a bit like astrology only with a few less categories. I'd suggest the type B personality has a lot in common with Aquarius. (I've got the moon in Aquarius).

I don't know if anyone has done research to find out if your blood type makes you more or less psychic, but I had to wonder.

Just went to find the Japanese website, it's called Issendai's Lair.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, I am a Pisces and have A- blood type. I have read a bit about both. I should be able to read everyone's mind, levitate, and foretell the future. Fortunately or unfortunately I cannot do such things. But I know what you are talking about.

So, animals ALL have B type blood?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The piece I read just said 'animals'. I was so delighted I went skipping off into the garden to tell everyone. I haven't investigated it any further yet.

As I said, I was a bit hesitant to mention this. It more or less falls into the same category as star signs and personality tests which are so often debunked these days.

I did think there was some correspondence with the four humours: phlegmatic, melancholic, choleric and sanguine.

Or the four elements. I could definitely pick out Air characteristics in the Type B profile.

Mind reading, levitation and foretelling the future? It would be wonderful if you did have a head start over the rest of us due to your blood type.

I seem to have a head start in being awkward. Or, as my mother repeatedly told me, always wanting to go my own sweet way.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

This is somewhat similar to BBaader-Meinhof Phenomenon

If you have never heard of this phenomenon, then i'm sure you will hear about it again very soon

I notice this kind of thing with certain words, or songs or movies, I think its kind of common.

Our human brains tend to notice patterns very well and disavow information that doesnt fall into a pattern. For example, if a song by rush pops into my head and then i dont hear the Rush song in any short amount of time then it will be dismissed and i will forget about it not seeing any connection. But if a Journey song pops into my head and then in an hour i turn on the radio and a Journey song is playing, then my brain notices this connection and tries to apply some meaning to this coincidence. Keep in mind that coincidences only happen when we notice them. Thoughts, memories, events and coincidences have some relation to the theory of large numbers. If every thought, memories, event is tied to a number and you start counting these "numbers", at some point our brains will notice patterns in the "numbers". Then we try to apply a meaning to it when in reality, it was inevitable that at some point certain "numbers" would coincide.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

I used to be able to do this sort of thing with coin tosses.......I once called all the pennies in the cash register drawer where I worked....( the afore mentioned restaurant in my 'fish tale' post).

My friend who was tossing the pennies was a total skeptic, and had bet me a coke if I could call heads or tails on one, then she kept upping the ante until she'd used all of the pennies in the drawer ( about 20 )......then she called me a witch!

Don't think she meant it as a compliment.....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
I was talking to my friends about this who said "It's because you just start to notice it". What do you guys think is a proper rebuttle to that?

Ask them to do the exact same thing on the spot, right then and right there.

Watch the backpedaling commence!

I'll tell you a "stupid human tricks" thing that used to happen to me ALL THE TIME in the past. My work is with computers. Inevitably, a co-worker, friend, or family member would ask me about some obscure issue or problem, and I would have to look it up to find out the answer. I'm not talking about something like "Hey, I'm getting error BR549 in Application X", I'm talking about "Hey, when I do A, B, and C, then error D crops up, causing problem E" type thing.

When I would research the issue, and find a fix or work-around for that particular issue, I would then get a client with the EXACT SAME problem.

It would only happen twice. The first time "for free" (in other words, the person wasn't paying me to solve the problem), and the second time "for pay" (the client was paying whatever company I worked for at the time). It sure did make me look like a genius with my clients, though!

One of the neatest, yet at the same time meanest, things I used to do was at parties. Occasionally, someone would bring up the subject of psychics, and whether they were real or not. I would tell them that I have certain psychic abilities (though I hate calling them that and wish we had another term for it). We would continue on, telling stories, and sometimes me telling them what to look for in the difference between real psychics and fakes/scams.

Inevitably, someone would say something along the lines of "You are just a fake/BS/liar/whatever". Then, I would let my mean streak take hold, fueled no doubt, by the alcohol. Now, in my defense, I never did this to people who were speaking in generalities, but were specifically calling me a liar.

I would look at them and start telling them things about their past. Things that other people didn't know. Things that were just a little embarrassing. The reactions were always the same: The person would be shocked, then they would start getting embarrassed, then they became fearful. That person would always avoid me after that.
It became common enough that people would ask me to do it at parties that I went to.

These days, in my "old" age, I don't take so much perverse pleasure in destroying people's world views anymore. As long as no lying is involved, I'm pretty content to let sheeple stay sheeple.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

These people calling you a liar are really bad actors. If you pulled that out on me, I wouldnt let on you were right. Were you using some sort of cold reading technique or you just couls "see" certain details about them that you would not have known normally?

Nobody likes that P-word any more, I think. It is bandied about all over TV and in the movies so it sounds like a sideshow act. It doesnt mean anything any more.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I always here stuff on the radio when I'm driving and I don't pick out any particular word and I randomly look around at sign, stores, etc when driving and I will focus instantly on a word on a billboard or something at the exact same time it is said on the radio.

P.S.

Do you want me to come in your thread and tell you how ignorant it is and that you don't deserve any points for it existing like you did in mine?

I'm not going to do that. I'll just give you some points.

Thanks for the get well wishes.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Minnesotawreckingcrew]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnesotawreckingcrew
I always here stuff on the radio when I'm driving and I don't pick out any particular word and I randomly look around at sign, stores, etc when driving and I will focus instantly on a word on a billboard or something at the exact same time it is said on the radio.

P.S.

Do you want me to come in your thread and tell you how ignorant it is and that you don't deserve any points for it existing like you did in mine?

I'm not going to do that. I'll just give you some points.

Thanks for the get well wishes.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Minnesotawreckingcrew]

That is childish. Points dont matter to me. Its OK if you think my thread is stupid, but dont compare your pork rind monster HOAX to this little discussion. I was never even expecting one reply .

And you're welcome- Moms are sacred. We only get one in most cases.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
That is childish. Points dont matter to me. Its OK if you think my thread is stupid, but dont compare your pork rind monster HOAX to this little discussion. I was never even expecting one reply .

And you're welcome- Moms are sacred. We only get one in most cases.

What is childish? My experience related to your original post or the fact that you contridict yourself about points.?

Also, if you weren't expecting any replies, why did you create this thread asking questions? Do you normally ask questions out of curiosity without expecting answers? Or is this just a one time deal?

I know i just asked a bunch of questions as well. I'm not expecting any replies as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join