It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid "Psychic" Human Trick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Okay, I just want to say I dont claim to be a psychic. I do, however, have a special thing (what to call it?) that I have been able to do for many years. It is probably the most useless sixth sense you will probably ever read about. I am telling you all because it may, if nothing else, open up an entertaining discussion about our stupid people abilities (not saying the people are stupid, just the abilities).

Anyway, it normally happens like this: I will be sitting at work or home doing something mundane, and a scene from a movie or TV show will pop in my head unexpectedly. It wont be something I saw recently. it will be something very random and usually obscure (not something you see constantly on the TV now). Anyway, within a few days the same show or movie will be on the TV. It never fails, and it happens to me constantly. I dont know why it does.

You are saying now, "who cares? Why is she starting a thread about something so dumb and useless?"

Well, for one, when has that stopped anyone else? And I told you in the title it was stupid, so you read at your own risk.

But also: we hear all the time about these amazing abilities, psychics who really change other people's lives and help people find peace with some difficult time in their life. What if this is my "Gift"? What if I am a Mystic TV Guide?
If it is indeed a phenomenon of some kind, why would it come in such a stupid form?

SO, any thoughts, remarks? Anyone else have a questionable psychic ability?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I know what you mean, I get that quite a lot as well. Haven't really been able to explain it. I too find that I don't really experience this with anything that's actually useful.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

I would think there would be a message for you in the movie. We all have to start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
yeah well i sorta get that a lot too except mine is different. Mines like i will get a song in my head all of a sudden when im driving in my car with the radio turned off. i'll turn the radio on and out pops the song i've been singing. and normally it's a random song not like a new song thats in the top charts or anything like that. I rmemeber one time it hapened (i was singing it, turned the radio on and the songs playing), then changed the station and the next song to come on was the one i had been singing.

It happens with movies or characters a lot as well. like for instance i remember talking talking about jessica alba's acting in a movie one day at work with someone. they said they hated her acting. i liked it. i went out to lunch at a cafe and sat down to eat-in. on the tv at the diner was jesssica alba acting in some movie (free to air-tv). i went home and walked in the door after work, the tv was already on. Jessica alba was acting in a different movie (on pay tv). about 9pm i walked downstairs to go outside for a ciggarette. As i passed the TV, my dad was watching a movie with jessica alba in it. i mean cmon. wtf are the chances. theres like no jessica alba special day on tv...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I thought this same thing as I was trying to sleep last night. It doesnt sound so stupid when you put it like that. I will have to pay more attention. Just think of all of those potential messages I may have missed.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I detect pregnant women... and in the worst times...

My friend said to me one day see that girl over there, she was my girl friend about 3 days ago. She broke up with me. Then I said... dude... I'm very sorry. Then he replies: "It's ok, I'm doing fine." Then I replied "Hell, I wouldn't put up with another man's pregnancy like that" "She's not pregnant.." "Yeah she is" "No she's not" 3 months later "You were right...."

I've done it various times. They called me pregnant man at work for a while

I also feel peoples intentions very well, but I think that's my animal side.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Thats wild- do you smell things or hear things that no one else smells or hears?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I suppose i have that stupid psychic trick as well. Mine always falls towards music, well it is my job, more on the dj/mixing/producing side. I think of songs back from the 70's/80's/90's, songs to remix or "fool" around with and before i know it gets remixed by someone else.

And it ain't the usual "everyone knows it" one hit wonders, or big classics i do think about, but songs i myself have not heard for many years, those we totally forgot about. Or the radio decides to play the song they have not played the last 15 years a few days after i thought of it.

I cannot count on my hands and feet the times it has happened and so totally stunned me over the last two years. I always tell myself music freaks think alike. Somewhere someone else connects or our longing for the song is so much it sends "signals". In all honesty i suppose i remembered those songs cause i picked someones vibe up, someone who are interested in the same thing as myself. It has happened that a friend of mine in Sweden and myself have thought about a track and without knowing sending our mixes to each other, that was actually an awesome experience.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't know, I think I smell what everyone else smells and hear to what everyone else hears.... it's like that color question.... how do you know this is actually blue?

The way I sense is just feeling, you know just meeting people and then just feel anxious. I have been feeling anxious lately and I have been buying a lot of camping equipment and stuff like that for no reason at all.

But, being the way I am... I think there's a scientific explanation to all of this.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'd be interested in hearing a specific example or two of what you're talking about; what particular shows or scenes, if you can remember. Mostly so I can gage just how obscure you mean.

Not that I doubt you or anything (I experience similar things). I just think it would be interesting.

I'll definitely be paying more attention after reading Mr. Anonymous' post. I never thought of that. Thanks, Mr. Anonymous.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

An example of obscure would be "Brazil" or "Exit to Brooklyn", not a movie people normally talk about or see on TV a lot. I am really trying to think of a scene right now from a movie, but I cant. However, just this week I was thinking of the phrase "devil's chimney". A couple of days ago the episode of Law and Order Criminal Intent referenced the devil's chimney (a character refers to the World Trade Center disaster as that). Im not sure that is really obscure, though. It is a rerun, but there are so many reruns to choose from with CI, and I am trying to think of examples that I have experienced recently. I am not talking about movies or shows I have never seen, but those I have not seen in a long time. Ill think of something better after I post this, I know it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I thought this same thing as I was trying to sleep last night. It doesnt sound so stupid when you put it like that. I will have to pay more attention. Just think of all of those potential messages I may have missed.

I have to agree with the Anonymous poster's suggestion. You may well have been directed to that, in order to gain some insight into the world around you due to some "analogy" if you will, of the movie itself, or some quote, that may very well help someone else out later on.

You might like these few threads I've written on the topic of psychic's and abilities :

Are Psychic's Being Held Prisoner Based On Politically Skewed Views?

Mental Imagery From Words Or Images

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook : Joseph McMoneagle

Okay, has this happened to anyone ever?

Enjoy the reading, as well as consider well what it is that you are experiencing, as you just never know what it might be that you are here to do with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow, how interesting!!

What you experience is synchronicity. To further prove my point, I was digging in my closet two nights ago, and ran across a book I have been thinking about for the past month.
It is about synchronicity, www.amazon.com...

I am currently reading this book, and it states that one will begin to experience synchronicities once you begin reading the book. How did he know that? Because thats what happens!

I think this is a fascinating subject, I tend to have synchronistic clusters myself, but it happens a lot. I am so delighted to have found this thread!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I've had a few of those.......here's one of the oddest....

When I was in college, I had a friend that was a terrible shop-aholic and one afternoon I was trying to think up an excuse to get out of going shopping with her. Suddenly I blurted out, " I can't go, 'cause I've got to go by the restaurant ( where I worked) and pick up some fish Mr. B is going to bring me!"

Driving home, I kept thinking, "what a liar I am, I don't even have to think and they just pop out! Why did I say that, I don't even like fish, ...when she asks about these fish, I'll have to think of something, or fess up to this stupid lie!"

I finally decided I'd have to go by the restaurant, maybe check the schedule, make myself feel a little better, and at least make part of my 'whopper' true!! I went in, checked the work schedule, got a soda and sat at the counter to chat.

In walked Mr. B, with a five gallon bucket in hand....."Here I've got something for you."........
Yep, it was a bucket full of fresh fish!! I nearly fell off the stool!! lol! ( at least I didn't have to own up to being a bald-faced liar!!)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Your funny. lol
I have alot of those little stupid tricks myself - some less usable than others. Just enjoy it and have fun with it. You find a new trick or two up your sleave as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
Okay, I just want to say I dont claim to be a psychic. I do, however, have a special thing (what to call it?) that I have been able to do for many years. It is probably the most useless sixth sense you will probably ever read about. I am telling you all because it may, if nothing else, open up an entertaining discussion about our stupid people abilities (not saying the people are stupid, just the abilities).

Anyway, it normally happens like this: I will be sitting at work or home doing something mundane, and a scene from a movie or TV show will pop in my head unexpectedly. It wont be something I saw recently. it will be something very random and usually obscure (not something you see constantly on the TV now). Anyway, within a few days the same show or movie will be on the TV. It never fails, and it happens to me constantly. I dont know why it does.

You are saying now, "who cares? Why is she starting a thread about something so dumb and useless?"

Well, for one, when has that stopped anyone else? And I told you in the title it was stupid, so you read at your own risk.

But also: we hear all the time about these amazing abilities, psychics who really change other people's lives and help people find peace with some difficult time in their life. What if this is my "Gift"? What if I am a Mystic TV Guide?
If it is indeed a phenomenon of some kind, why would it come in such a stupid form?

SO, any thoughts, remarks? Anyone else have a questionable psychic ability?

You know what's pretty funny? Several days ago I started thinking about this and here it is. A post about it. I think us thinking about it attracts it, like the law of attraction. It has happened to me too many times to be simply coincidence.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

Your funny. lol
I have alot of those little stupid tricks myself - some less usable than others. Just enjoy it and have fun with it. You find a new trick or two up your sleave as time goes on.

Growing up, I had a lot of encounters with what I have thought to be ghosts or spirits, and as a kid I would get feelings about stuff, like a car accident I was in with my babsitter. I think children are much more open to such things.

Now, I dont know- I can predict the movies
I can sense what people are feeling, and I am very sensitive to it. It has caused me problems at work. Once i worked with a woman I think was seriously mentally ill but put up this "Holy" front. She really hated me, too. It got really bad, and we never even fought verbally or physically- it was like some sort of "energy war" or something.

I have always wondered what the psychics on TV "see" or feel when they are helping police. Its a fascination for me, but I could never just grab a photo and see into a persons life or personality like folks do on the documentaries. I believe there really are people who do that. It has never happened to me, for sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Well, that is pretty amazing, actually. I hope you learned to like fish. Cleaning fish is naaaasty, so that was your penance for "lying"

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I wish we could "look inside" the book on Amazon. I dont suppose you could scan an excerpt or the description on the back cover (if there is one) so we can read it on here? Thanks for posting the link, it sounds interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I was talking to my friends about this who said "It's because you just start to notice it". What do you guys think is a proper rebuttle to that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join