It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700,000 year old Qatar Settlement?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

I read the unabridged copy of Forbidden Archeology. The book was printed by the Hare Krishna's, so some people immediately think it will tout that religion. The authors' do not mention the religion at all. The book is VERY long and can be very dry, but the later chapters are full of evidence supporting a lot of anomalies in some finds. Some of the facts (from memory) are:
50,000 year old coins found in Illinois (yes, Illinois USA!)
The Leaky human footprints that are more than 3 million years old. The early hominids back then still had monkey feet.
There is a lot more and the traditional archeologists sweep it under the table or ignore the evidence.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

There is a lot more and the traditional archeologists sweep it under the table or ignore the evidence.

Here is a question for you - if you are an archaeologist - how do you get:

Book deals?
In National Geographic?
Grants?
Tenure?
Become Famous?
Gain leadership in your chosen field?

Do you do it by not finding anything or are the people who obtain the above the ones that do?

Kinda counter-intuitive to what you are suggestion, eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
This story has been debunked.

Its just a fairy tale backed with no evidence and a lack of any type of serious investigation.

Well we've been waiting for IvanZana to back up his claim...but....

It would seems he was justing making stuff up, something which he is admittedly rather good at.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Still no response

Well we can take it that he just made up that comment. He does seem to like to lie about stuff to try an impress people.

Ivanzana comments DEBUNKED

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

we have no accurate dating method for stone.

are you 4 billion years old? is that how you can tell me with such blind faith that the earth was a molten ball of rock at that time?

and there's water under the martian surface, we just saw evaporating ice from NASA photos.

how exactly can you know humans could never live at any time on mars if your precious science doesn't even know if there's microbes there or not?

you simply can't tell me a few sattelites and a robot can tell me things about a planet we don't even know about this planet, where we can touch every part of it and measure every part of it.

the real truth is we don't know. so don't be telling me some standard science gospel and think everyone will be awfully impressed by your accumulation of quasi-religious scientific dogma.

Scientists thought you couldn't ever break the sound barrier. we know better.

As far as ancient history and space are concerned, we only have models.

A Model is not a REALITY.

what exactly do you find pleasing about harangueing crazies like me on a conspiracy site ?

if you are so assured of your scientific awesomeness, you should go be a professor or something.

j/k

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm just trying to calibrate this particular find with a couple of other things.

for instance... this group of hunters had to have not been the premier group of pre-people of that era...
Why not?
because at that era/epoch (or whatever) the present Sahara desert was a tropical area with sloths, and other exotic animals & mammals...pretty much like a Amazon in decline, and not a foreboding desert like the Arabian peninsula and especially regions like Qatar are and were throughout history.
So, that supposed encampment/'civilized focal point' was way far away from the prime hunting and thriving areas that the dominant tribes would wish and desire to live in---IOW that group encampments' residents were finge & marginal pre-hominids that died out (by any logical reasoning) were not civilized or organized or made any mark in the human '
tree'

there's still another comparison to make:

all these pole-shift advocates say that the middle east, at that era, was located at the south pole... while antarctica was situated on the present equator at the time that the ancient Qatar inhabitants were doing their thing. That is another conumdrum -. either the pole-shifters are out in left field or the main-stream science community is completely wrong about a 'settlement' with hominids/humans/anthrophomorphic individuals.

thanks,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join