It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700,000 year old Qatar Settlement?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I suggest you read this...

Forbidden Archeology

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
I suggest you read this...

Forbidden Archeology

What is your take on the book, mOOmOO? The reviews posted on Amazon were very negative, suggesting that the authors were more interested in pushing "their faith" than in advancing any real scientific information.

Just curious...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So... 700,000 years ago....70,000 years ago... 7,000 years ago... 700 years ago.. 70 years ago... 7 years ago... and still no evidence that there ever has been true civilization on this planet. Except for Tahiti.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by furiousracer313

You might try and stay on the subject of the tread

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi i'm new to this site and i enjoy it, many nice links here to debunked statements of any kind thats cool!!!! even if my own view of the world is debunked because that only mean i have to puzzle harder to get a better explanation of why, who and when. But as some hardcore users in here use tro say: Do your research and learn!!!

I can say this is real and cant be debunked!!!!!!

The article are hopeless as usual, but what can you expect of stupid journalist with only 3 years of education(where i come from Denmark), try to explain everything from economy to psychology to physics without getting the essential information down on paper so you can get a academic view on the matter.
In my opinion journalism is destroying the "world of information" because the cant catch the keypoint and mostly not even the mainpoint in a story....you better read scientific magazine if you want to understand the world you live in, and trust me there are a lot of them out there.
As you see i dont like journalism and i actually writing a book about them and the misinformation they spread unconscious or not, but its another story.

In this story i can tell you that Bo Madsen is the leader of the group in Qatar and that they dated the artifacts to be about 750.000 years old because they have found the same artifacts in lebanon, israel, turkey, jordan and syria. But the can of course not prove it scientific(here i mean write about it without other scientific evidence. And in this article which is on danish from a danish website where the scientist(All paradigmes) talk with the danish people about there finds and developments and you can ask question and so on........you maybe wonder but its actually true because in scandinavien the scientist actually working for the people and not the coporations, because the state pay the scientist and not the corporations and everybody can go study at the universities for FREE like other places in europe..... absolute not the same in U.S.A. i should mean. But back to story they want to back the story up with more evidence therefor they will go back to Qatar with some geologist because they can tell precise what time the camp are from because of the soil(stratum of earth??) and the also hope to find boones from the animals they eat. So in this article they dont talk about carbon-14 they dont say its the oldest human on earth either. The point is that in this particúlar theory they can now postulate that these early humans 750.000 (so must be early
not only emigrate to india and south asien via turkey and jordan but also emigrate from africa via the arabic peninsula.......thats the big deal here.
They also say that the arkaisk sapiens have the same intellect as todays human, they could make tools to hunt big animals and there camps was of high quality, dont misunderstand the cleverness part as the have made the gizapyramid, but in a biology-scientific way the have the same intellect as todays people.

You can see the article here in danish there are a picture of the arkaisk sapiens: videnskab.dk/content/dk/kultur/danske_arkaologer_finder_de_forste_menneskers_bopladser

I can say that Bo Madsen is working in "Mosegård museum" and you can google that and they have a page in english so maybe the show the article there but i couldnt find it tough.
Flemming Højlund is the director

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Goddag McJean

Part Danish myself. Thanks for the vauable comments and insight on what the report was actually about.

Comparative studies of stone work typing is not that accurate but should get them in the ball park. Immersive age then for HE.

Er der en omtale hvoraf skrive i arbejdsplads den var?

Oh and I apologize for my bad Dansk!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi hanslune i had a feeling that you maybe was danish but you better speak english because i dont get it in 50% danish but still better than the journalist

If you are very interesting in this subject i think you should try:www.moesmus.dk...

there are a phonenumber(bottom) maybe they can link you to a english article about this.
The academic diskussion is something about how did the emigrate to india and southeastasia, and now they hope to prove that they also emigrated from africa

I dont know if you mean workplaces?or the tecnics of the stones the used for killing animals. I'm absolute not and exp+++ in this area

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Cool finding, thanks. It is interesting place - I have seen other interesting finds.

For instance stone cut with saws thousands of years ago:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
This story has been debunked.

Its just a fairy tale backed with no evidence and a lack of any type of serious investigation.

*snip* To come in and say the story has been debunked and to claim it a fairy tale with out even the first shred of evidence to support your claims.

Personally I'll be very interested in this story until someone actually does prove otherwise.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Your sources dont add up and your links gave me serious popups.

What kind of junk if this?

I'm thinking the exact same thing, but about your posts!

Where do you get off with these wild generalizations?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by McJean

Thanks again

By workplaces I meant an animal kill site/butchery site - which it appears to be. Very cool.

My Danish is a bit rusty thou.......

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
hi again Hanslune

Sorry my poor english but way over my bedtime i have found out were it was, Dukhan in Qatar and if you google dukhan archaeology you get a lot of links and pictures of camps and stones from different timeperiods gl with it.

nat nat

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Okay, I'd like to say that if you think humans were 'evolving' 700,000 years ago, you are right. If you say that humans are evolving right now you are right.

700,000 years isn't that surprising, in fact, humans could be proven to be 4 billion years old if we can find the fossil evidence.

that's whats wrong with most people these days, they don't understand that these dates are fairly arbitrary, only a point of reference.

Based on fossil evidence, humans have only been around some 100,000 years....

this becomes 'the Human Species is only 100,000 years old' somehow.

THAT is distortion.

really, there's so much proof that humans don't even originate from earth, they may be from mars or even farther....

we could be a multi-trillion year old species.

I remember someone found a 70 million year old fossilized spark plug.

a frickin spark plug. so either dinosaurs had cars, or people were around back then, or Aliens stopped and changed their spark plugs.

heh.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherion
700,000 years isn't that surprising, in fact, humans could be proven to be 4 billion years old if we can find the fossil evidence.

Not likely, since the Earth was a hot ball of rock then.

Based on fossil evidence, humans have only been around some 100,000 years....

this becomes 'the Human Species is only 100,000 years old' somehow.

THAT is distortion.

Actually, primates have been around for well over 10 million years, and hominids for more than 5 million years. Homo Sapiens is not quite 100,000 years old... I think that 90,000 years is one of the more controversial dates. 50,000 years is a generally accepted figure.

really, there's so much proof that humans don't even originate from earth, they may be from mars or even farther....

Then we couldn't live here. Wrong chemistry.

I remember someone found a 70 million year old fossilized spark plug.

a frickin spark plug. so either dinosaurs had cars, or people were around back then, or Aliens stopped and changed their spark plugs.

Actually, it's a modern spark plug in what's called a "concertion." In some cases (limestone), layers of rock can form quickly... and that's what happened with the spark plug. You see it in caves all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think that the most interesting point of the article is that if it IS found to be true, what we are seeing is the migration of the ancestors of the Neanderthals, homo Heidelbergensis, and a lot of other human species. We know they had to have come out of the African area at some time to have appeared in Europe and the rest of the world before 700,000 years ago. This would be solid evidence of the movement pattern of these ancestors.

I'm expecting them to be human (as scientists define it), but not homo sapiens. My bet is that we're looking at homo erectus.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hi Byrd,

A couple of questions, do you know how the Omo 1 and Omo 2 finds are being classified, i.e. which Homonid line, that are said to date to about 195,000 years old? Also, where does Homo Sapiens Idaltu, around 160,000 years, fit in to the mix?

cormac

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I actually had hopes for this, as Dilmun (which was apparently located near this site) was the place of creation according to the Sumerian/Akkadian world view.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
I actually had hopes for this, as Dilmun (which was apparently located near this site) was the place of creation according to the Sumerian/Akkadian world view.

Same area but way way before. I've seen most of the Dilmun sites in Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE. A very interesting culture and doubly interesting about how they interacted with the Harappa and Sumer.

Before the climate shift - and they cut down all the trees - those area might have been very delighful.

Byrd

I'm think Homo Erectus or his cousins

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

Same area but way way before. I've seen most of the Dilmun sites in Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE. A very interesting culture and doubly interesting about how they interacted with the Harappa and Sumer.

Before the climate shift - and they cut down all the trees - those area might have been very delighful.

Byrd

I'm think Homo Erectus or his cousins

Yes, I was hoping it would be long before - I am speculating on the idea that many mythologies might be long-standing "racial memories" that have been passed down until what we have today.

If the Sumerians believed that Dilmun was the site of creation, and it turns out that pre-city Dilmun was actually a settlement, possibly the first one in the Mesopotamia area, that would corellate somewhat, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join