It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Space Pictures

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They seem to use Windows as OS on their lap top...IN SPACE... kinda worries me a bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm getting 404's as well... can they be seen anywhere else?
Line 2

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Im not getting anything either, not even from the main page. Maybe too many people crashed the server.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

It's the same reason there aren't any stars in most of the moon photos. It has to do with lighting.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Looks like another example of image ghosting caused by a reflection on the lens. If this were taken through a window, that would also explain tihs reflection on the glass. The anomaly is exactly like those in the other photographs. As you can see by the photos I posted, It is consistent with parts of the ISS being reflected on a glass surface of the lens or a window.

-ChriS

[edit on 27-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by Akezzon

Looks like another example of image ghosting caused by a reflection on the lens. If this were taken through a window, that would also explain tihs reflection on the glass. The anomaly is exactly like those in the other photographs. As you can see by the photos I posted, It is consistent with parts of the ISS being reflected on a glass surface of the lens or a window.

-ChriS

[edit on 27-6-2008 by BlasteR]

Yeah, I suspect so as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by DataWraith

It's the same reason there aren't any stars in most of the moon photos. It has to do with lighting.

-ChriS

Yeah.
I think it has much to do with "light pollution". Earth reflects A LOT of light and that kinda "dims" the stars out. You get the same effect in larger cities.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I tried viewing these pictures, but the site has been removed....any reason why?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If it is down, I'm glad I saved all the originals

I imagine there was so much traffic over the last few months there that it was inevitable. Post a link like that on digg, ats, and elsewhere and it's inevitable it will eventually go down. Especially given the size of the photos.

If it doesn't come up again soon I'll post them up again somewhere.

-ChriS

[edit on 29-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I think they have been removed. The site itself is gone:

" If you see this page it means:
1. hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk

What you can do:

* Using Plesk, you can create domains with web hosting on a single physical server.
* Also you can use Plesk with Virtuozzo and create isolated domains. Using a number of virtual servers with Plesk on a single machine allows for flexible management of your server's resources."

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe too many people doubted or insulted the honesty of the pictures, for example: the original uploader processing the image before release. I thinks someone said the processer processed the image from a bigger file to an smaller version and some problems like possible image tampering to at least one image: i284.photobucket.com...

If those are the best images NASA has to offer then the FBI should investigate.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yeah looks like the link is in fact down....I apologize for that.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I uploaded all the same photos up to photobucket trying to keep the file size as intact as possible (which can be problematic). But the files are still fairly large and intact. I put them all in an album here for future reference:

s6.photobucket.com...

They are not exactly in perfect order but they are up nonetheless.

I also posted up all the originals in full resolution for download just in case photobucket resized them. You can find them at the link here:
ammobake.badongo.com...

-ChriS

[edit on 1-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Maybe too many people doubted or insulted the honesty of the pictures, for example: the original uploader processing the image before release. I thinks someone said the processer processed the image from a bigger file to an smaller version and some problems like possible image tampering to at least one image: i284.photobucket.com...

If those are the best images NASA has to offer then the FBI should investigate.

Ugh, here we go again. I guess I'm just going to have to keep posting this on each page. Here are the originals, they were not "processed" or "tampered" with before release. There is certainly no reason for an "FBI investigation." Before you jump on the conspiracy bandwagon perhaps you could be bothered to visit NASA's own site and find out if they host the original images:
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
If there are any images shown on the original link not covered by these missions let me know.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

Real great photos! Thanks for sharing; I have saved all of them too.
Many commented on the lack of 'stars' in the background sky - it seems
to me, these pics were taken with a fairly high shutter-speed - say like
1/500th and the sharpness and depth of field looks like a small aperture
like f:8 or smaller, that's why the stars aren't visible. Stars being pinpoints of light in the sky, need longer exposures like 5 to 10 seconds depending on the aperture used.

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by y2presley

Well, I tried the original link and found it was not there anymore; I did some searching and found the following link in which the photos are
available:

www.weirdcoolpictures.com...

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watapi

Here are all of the original pictures that were posted, sans artifacts. They are all at the original resolution, uncropped, and unprocessed. Took me a few days to find them all, but it turns out they came from 3 different missions: STS-109, STS-116, and STS-118. I hope this puts to bed once and for all any notion that NASA was "hiding something" from us or that they "took down" the original website.

spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...