It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Amazing Space Pictures

page: 6
29
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Truly amazing pictures but the thing I worry about is the lack of stars? surely in space they should be more visable or are they airbrushed out to make the foreground more important, plus on a side note from looking at the lack of stars what the are blobs in pictures 9 and 10 . theres a couple of marks, any ideas?




posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Thanks Jeff, I can never seem to view enough of these pics.

If anyone knows of any recent high res pics of the entire space station could you post a link? The one currently on my desktop is a bit dated.


I don't know if it is recent enough, but this is one.. I guessSpace Station HR

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Pjotr]



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
I ran across these pictures from the last Endeavour mission. They are possibly the best pictures I have ever seen taken from a mission. Great resolution and absolutely awe inspiring.

www.texasjim.com...


THIS one I like also very much. It doesn't show on that page, but is from the same series, I believe.

AWESOME freeflighing astronaut

It is the ULTIMATE position to be in...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Pjotr]



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Whoa where's that guys tether?




This picture here is also crazy




there is something seriously wrong here. That touch up job is definitely covering something imo. Most likely something of ours, or ET's that they don't want us to see. It's obviously been mucked with. that area of the edge of earth and the ocean on the right, so fake.

I don't know but theres something wrong with alot of these pictures. As nice as the 2nd one is, and a couple others are.....it makes me wonder.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
thanks for the pictures they are absolutly beautiful. everyone of the pictures is so crisp.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
I ran across these pictures from the last Endeavour mission. They are possibly the best pictures I have ever seen taken from a mission. Great resolution and absolutely awe inspiring.

www.texasjim.com...


THIS one I like also very much. It doesn't show on that page, but is from the same series, I believe.

AWESOME freeflighing astronaut

It is the ULTIMATE position to be in...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Pjotr]


Yes, This is an ultimate position... on the top of the world



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Also check out this... high Res pictures...
Nasa link

[edit on 27-6-2008 by communicator]



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff
 


Jeff, those are freakin' awesome!!! Big ole' star!!!

BTW....can we once and for all STOP the chemtrail myths?? I mean, just look at the Earth! Oh, and while we're at it, no more Apollo hoax theories. One of them, from that nutjob Rene' said that an Astronaut wouldn't be able to flex his fingers inside the spacesuit glove.

Well, those NASA 'frauds' are certainly pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, eh?



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The NASA Human Space flight gallery has thousands of high-res pictures available. Here's a link that takes you to some of the STS-124 images:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

You can get back and look at images from any STS mission from there.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr
 


That is insane! I dont know if I would be scared or excited to do something like that.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff
 


Jeff....if you research, you'd learn about the MMU. That is an awesome photo, though.....brilliant!!!!



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus
Sorry if someone already asked this question... but what happened to all the stars??? Have they been blacked out?? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

- sincerely
a concerned citizen

It's unfortunate that the apollo hoax myth has lead so many people to believe that there should be stars in daylit space shots. The atmosphere does not noticeably dim the stars so even in space it is impossible to capture stars in an image set to properly expose a daylit scene. Just set an SLR camera for fast exposure at a normal ISO and shoot it at night - you won't see any stars in your photos either.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
This picture here is also crazy




there is something seriously wrong here. That touch up job is definitely covering something imo. Most likely something of ours, or ET's that they don't want us to see. It's obviously been mucked with. that area of the edge of earth and the ocean on the right, so fake.

I don't know but theres something wrong with alot of these pictures. As nice as the 2nd one is, and a couple others are.....it makes me wonder.

Don't be so fast to jump to conclusions. The original image file shows no signs of tampering and everything in it is perfectly clear:



Whenever you see something that gives you pause in a NASA photo always go to the original source file. You don't know who has handled it after that point or what they did to degrade the quality for web presentation. It looks like the file you posted was saved as a gif at one point before being resaved as a jpg, or otherwise had its color depth reduced somehow for the sake of file size.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As some others in this thread I to saw the "things".




And also



What I've noticed and from my own experience in "retouching" I found a darker spot in all the "blue" water. everything else has a nice gradient from lighter blue to darker, but here, smack in the middle, there is a darker spot. This usually indicates that a manipulation has been done so I Zoomed in. I guess it could be nothing but am I the only one who can "imagine" the faint siluette that to me suggest that something was there?

Prolly nothing...still interesting.

Another thing is this sudden color change. Why is earth in one of the pictures 256 color while the other one is higher. Seems like the shuttle still have the same color quality.




AARGH...sorry folks. Just saw that the last pics was just discussed in the posts above.

Well I guess all of the pics have been discussed.

Sorry for repeating.

It is most likely as ngchunter says, might have been a gif at one time.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Akezzon]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Akezzon]



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
What I've noticed and from my own experience in "retouching" I found a darker spot in all the "blue" water. everything else has a nice gradient from lighter blue to darker, but here, smack in the middle, there is a darker spot. This usually indicates that a manipulation has been done so I Zoomed in. I guess it could be nothing but am I the only one who can "imagine" the faint siluette that to me suggest that something was there?

Prolly nothing...still interesting.

Another thing is this sudden color change. Why is earth in one of the pictures 256 color while the other one is higher. Seems like the shuttle still have the same color quality.




AARGH...sorry folks. Just saw that the last pics was just discussed in the posts above.


[edit on 27-6-2008 by Akezzon]

No problem, but your links are 404s for me. Also, just about everything you described can probably be attributed to the fact that these images are much lower quality than the originals and have had their color depth severely abused/reduced leading to nasty "step gradients" and things. If you want, here is a page with all the original images for one of the missions represented here. I know I kinda already discussed this, but this page has the full archive of original files for this mission, which is just cool to look at anyway:
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
The only silhouettes I can see on the water seem to be shadows from the clouds above the water.

*One more neat little note: Barbara Morgan was one of the astronauts on this flight. This was her first flight in space - she was the backup for Christa McAuliffe, a high school teacher astronaut who died in the Challenger explosion.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by ngchunter]



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter
 


Thank You, NGC!! for pointing out how artifacts, in images, can be used by 'conspiracy theorists' to "Prove" that the image was manipulated, in PhotoShop.

It is nonsense IMO.

Fully confirms my guess that many do not understand science (please see my sig!)



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess you wrote your post ncghunter while I edited the post. I had given the links faulty url's. Fixed now. Yeah, the "siluette" could very much be from the couds. Why I noticed it so much is that the darker area stands out from the rest of the blue.

But you are probably right.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wow...

Another reason so many kids wanted to be an astronaut when they were growing up. And another reminder to people of all ages as to what they could have been a part of...there are many other noble and fascinating jobs out there, but this has got to take the cake.

Thanks for the pic's.






posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That Space shuttle looks Pimped, anyone know what kind of sound system they got going on there??



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Truly amazing pitures, nice to view the earth from external perspective, reminds me how precious this planet is.



new topics

top topics



 
29
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join