It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Stood Still!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
New poster for the new movie:
img501.imageshack.us...

So another attempt at bringing aliens to the mass's, to help fascilitate disclosure/contact in 2012??

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Oh cool!

That should be fun, if they don't screw it up and make it silly. I wonder if Keanu Reeves will make a good ET character.

Interesting actor line up.

www.imdb.com...

The release date on the poster, may or may not have significance. The coincidence/numbers crowd will have fun with that date.

12/12/08

But yeah, there's a ton of ET/UFO movies and TV shows coming out. Priming the public to believe such stories? Possibly.

It's great entertainment anyway. I can't wait to see what they do in the computer animation/special effects department.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Another attempt to make money off a popular concept. The story itself is old (1951) and nearly as unrealistic as The War of the Worlds.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Short Summary,

"Plot Summary: "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is 20th Century Fox's contemporary reinvention of its 1951 classic. Keanu Reeves portrays Klaatu, an alien whose arrival on our planet triggers a global upheaval. As governments and scientists race to unravel the mystery behind the visitor's appearance, a woman (Jennifer Connelly) and her young stepson get caught up in his mission – and come to understand the ramifications of his being a self-described "friend to the Earth."

There are virtually dozens of movies out there but in my opinion they are all misleading and engineered to drive the masses away from realizing the true existence of extraterrestrials. After all if they are made into sci-fi movies for our entertainment when the real stories come around everyone laughs.

They serve their purpose well for those who wish to cover it all up!

[edit on 25-6-2008 by ET_CONTACT]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I love that movie! I am sure the original will be far superior. We should remain hopeful this new remake is as creative as the first. Interesting cast me thinks. Mr. Reeves seems like an okay selection for the role.

I hope the trailer comes out soon. Everyone keep an eye out for that...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Heres for anyone who hasnt seen the original,but would like too.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
-------------------------------------
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Yeah I have watched it before, pretty good sci-fi for an old movie.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by looneyhd
I love that movie! I am sure the original will be far superior. We should remain hopeful this new remake is as creative as the first. Interesting cast me thinks. Mr. Reeves seems like an okay selection for the role.

I hope the trailer comes out soon. Everyone keep an eye out for that...

I hope they add some things to keep the mystery feel to it for those of us that have watched the original. I mean if they are going to remake it they may aswell change a few things to keep it fresh for those of us who already know the full story.

I usually don't like remakes, but I feel this might be enjoyable.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Oh goody...another re-hash!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Looks really really cool! :O

My conspiracy side of me couldn't help notice that the film is being released by 20th century fox on the 12th, hehe. They know how to sell it....

new topics

top topics

join