It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 20, 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Mods - I have no idea where to put this for discussion. Feel free to move it. This story has elements of IRAN, SPACE WEAPONS, SPACE VEHICLES, ET?, and nearly going to nuclear war.

June 20, 2008

What were you doing on the evening of Friday - June 20, 2008?
Sleeping? Watching TV? Out having a drink? Family time?
Did you know that while you were carrying on with life as usual,
we were within just a few minutes of a nuclear exchange?

According to Steve Quayle, we were MINUTES from a having a US/Russia nuclear exchange.

I don't know how anyone here feels about the Steve Quayle site... I go there every day (if I can) and enjoy most of his articles. (I don't care for the 'prophecy' ones). Steve Quayle seems to have a good connection of ham radio operators as well as survivalists who keep him and his site informed.

Steve himself claims to have witnessed (if I'm reading the story correctly) a missle launch from North Dakota on Friday. He also claims to have seen a space weapon and/or SPACE VEHICLE shoot down the missile. Steve has a witness who claims to also have seen this.

- ANYONE out there in the Montana country side able to verify this?

- ANYONE out there a ham radio person who was listening in on Friday Night?

- ANYONE outside of DC witness unusual helicopter activity (like we had on Sept 11 and the days after?)

- ANYONE near OFFUTT see anything going on?

- etc etc ????????

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Not familiar with Steve Quayle... Any relation to Dan? Lol.

Would be interesting if this were true, but unfortunately I doubt it will ever seethe light of day with real media. The public will remain ignorant if this really happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The thing that interested me the most was the SPACE VEHICLE that was used to shoot down (or take down) the missile.

Well ... all of the story interested me. But that space vehicle caught my eye.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm disinclined to believe the story for a variety of reasons.

One is the lack of confirming sources. If all of those commands were active, and throwing all of that radio traffic, why couldn't a transcript or even a recording be provided? Where are some statements from the 'several eye witnesses' who saw this missile launch?

Another is the nature of the 'missile attack'. The nature of nuclear exchange doesn't lend itself to gradual escalation. If you're going to start a nuclear war (and an ICBM launch into or from Russian territory would most assuredly do that), why launch a single missiles with a single warhead? Insofar as there is a logical way to conduct an exchange, the logical strategy is to make you first (and by definition, best) shot as devastating as possible.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree about the single missile launch. Not sure why we'd do that.
Perhaps to flex a bit ?? I don't know.

Perhaps it wasn't a missile launch but had something to do with the space vehicle that he claims he saw intercept it. This could have had nothing to do with the standoff that was coming over the ham radios.

I don't know why he'd fake the information about ham radios picking up stuff. There doesn't seem to be any reason to lie about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I love Steve. I imagine he will be making an appearance soon on Coast to Coast to tell everyone about this.

I was visiting friends, and of course, having a good time, unaware.

Was it a UFO that shot it down?

Really, our days are numbered, its so sad. I'm going to be in Nantucket Thursday and then i want to go to Phoenix to see my mommie,
and then i have to go to Orlando (my brother is picking up the tab)
to see my little ones!
How sad if i couldnt see any of my loved ones! Unreal.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The part that got me to not believe it was that they were broadcasting in the clear. The military would use a highly secure frequency hopping system that you wouldn't even know was broadcasting. If you heard even a little bit of it it would just sound like static. An order to launch a nuclear weapon would not be broadcast in the clear. It wouldn't even need to be broadcast at all IIRC. They have direct connections to the missile silos, and could have called one silo and ordered a single launch if they were only going to use one missile.

But I agree with the previous post that if you were going to go nuclear it wouldn't be one missile. You'd launch them all, because as soon as they saw the one coming, they'd hit us with everything and we'd lose them. Nuclear weapons are use them or lose them weapons.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Friday I was celebrating my 27 wedding anniversary with a dinner.

I have not clue who Steve or I am aware of his web site, but I will be checking for now on, Flyer.

I will love to know more about this nuclear exchange.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
THE UNITED STATES AND RUSSIA WERE NEARLY AT THE BRINK OF NUCLEAR WAR ON FRIDAY JUNE 20 2008 AND THE WORLD'S POPULATIONS WERE UNAWARE OF IT, SAVE FOR THE LISTENERS OF THE Q-FILES RADIO PROGRAM AND THOSE IN THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE RESPECTIVE MILITARIES, INTEL AGENCIES, AND GOVERNMENTS INVOLVED.

Oh, this is definatly worth reading!!!!!

Anytime now!

Steve is not a liar, btw.

Thanks FF for the heads up.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Was it a UFO that shot it down?

That's what I'm not sure of. I'm not sure if he's saying it was one of our secret space weapons or if it was supposedly a UFO of some type.

Originally posted by Zaphod58
if you were going to go nuclear it wouldn't be one missile.

WE wouldn't. But E.T. might launch one and then destroy it just to show THEIR power ... and to make us all 'knock it off'.

As I said - I don't know if this is a true story or not. I really like the site. I don't know why he'd make up something like this. It is very serious stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just finished reading the page and this is some scary stuff, but how reliable is all this information?

He is this trustworthy?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So launching one missile and shooting it down is going to get us to "back off"??
I would think that launching a BUNCH of missiles and shooting them down would do the trick a hell of a lot better than a single missile. We're close to having the technology to shoot down an ICBM ourselves, so shooting down one missile wouldn't do the trick. Launching and shooting down 10 or more, now THAT might get us to back off. And I can think of a lot of things that would do it MUCH better than shooting down ONE missile.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The military would use a highly secure frequency hopping system that you wouldn't even know was broadcasting.

Really? that's good to know. I don't know how the HAM radio folks were able to listen in. His story says that these folks are 'experts'. Perhaps they are former military? I think most folks that go to his site are survivalists or semi-survivalist.

Originally posted by marg6043
Friday I was celebrating my 27 wedding anniversary with a dinner.

CONGRATS!!

Originally posted by dgtempe
Steve is not a liar, btw.

I really like his site. I look every day. His articles are really good. I usually pass over the 'prophecy' ones. I like prophecy but the ones he lists aren't my cup-of-tea. But anyways .. I don't know why he'd lie about something like this. There doesn't seem to be any reason to. And everything he's posted in the past seems to be on the up-and-up. At lease as far as I can tell.

edited to fix quote

[edit on 6/24/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

He is this trustworthy?

I don't know I haven't seen anything like this on his site before.
He posts stories that most folks pass over or don't pay attention to.
But this ... this is a different from what I've seen before.

I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe he makes up stuff.
He might.
But I haven't seen it.

So launching one missile and shooting it down is going to get us to "back off"??

I would think it would be a 'reminder'. But zaph .. I'm just brainstorming .. I have no idea why just one missle. I'm just presenting a thought on the subject. I have no real idea ....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well the problem is that if they are crazy enough to launch one missile that means that is not respect for the American nation and its government, even if the missile was successfully intercepted.

But that means that were is one is more and is not way that all of them can be intercepted.

Thanks Flyers

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That's why you launch them ALL at once. You want your first strike to be devastating. The Soviets during the cold war developed what was supposed to be a pretty impressive interceptor to hit ICBM warheads. It was never tested during an actual attack situation obviously, but if it worked half as well as claimed it would have easily hit this ONE missile and intercepted it before impact. You would launch as many as you could, to ensure that SOME got through and hit their targets, and to knock out as many of THEIR missile sites as you could.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That's why you launch them ALL at once. You want your first strike to be devastating. .

Sure. In an all out war. But not if you are trying to send a message. Kinda like war games. They aren't 'all out' .. but they are sending a message.

Either us .. or ET ... but someone could have been sending a message.
(IF this is a true story).

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OP, i had wanted to send you a U2U as i feel kind of funny posting this up for everyone to read, but i am too excited to wait for them to be up and running again.

i was hanging out friday night w/ my oldest sis and a group of our friends. around 9:30ish, i had to take the only other woman present (besides my sis and myself) home and hung out there until 1am~ish cst.

when i got back my sis was telling me, very excitedly, how her and the guys all saw 2 satellites. she wasn't so much excited about the satellites as she was that she SWORE they made impact w/ one another. the guys were
ing at her and saying she had drank one too many. (they confirmed there were two, what they thought were satellites appearing to approach each other, but she is the only one who was still looking when, according to her, they impacted) i looked at my sis and thought "she is serious" but what are the chances; surely she was mistaken. but she swore up and down and even repeated all of this the next day saying she just couldn't figure out how she saw it but knew it couldn't have really happened.

imagine my shock when i open this up and read it. i just called her and she wants me to email the link you posted, which i will. but sheesh, we are in texas. i am wondering if it really could have been seen all the way here.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He is this trustworthy?

Track everything he 'predicts' or says is happening for the period of one month. When it is over, correlate how much he says that corresponds to actual happenings. Just his terrorism warnings alone have a laughable success rate.

Steve Quayle is an entertainer catering to the paranoid, nothing more. Imagine C2C but featuring only the worst of what could be. If you want to be entertained listen to his show, if you want to be informed find another source.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There doesn't seem to be any reason to. And everything he's posted in the past seems to be on the up-and-up. At lease as far as I can tell.

Here is a possible reason: low traffic to the website and the show. The ads are not generating the revenue they once did. A man needs to eat. That is one reason. Not saying it is the reason, but there is always a reason to invent a story. Perhaps he is just insane?

Surely one ATS member must be an active ham, was there a lot of traffic Friday? Was anything out of the ordinary? Ham's are not exactly known for being quiet about this stuff. They are a chatty bunch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join