It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 20, 2008

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Except that rocket launches, especially at night, can be seen hundreds of miles away. Rockets launched from the Cape have been seen in Europe on their way up. So no one in that huge radius that would have seen it thought it was odd and reported it?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

True that. Having watching the ebb and flow of information on Steve Quayle's site for several years, I personally have found it to be informative, and mostly spot on. Yes, there have been the occasional hinky "news" item, and this may be one of them. What convinced me of its veracity was Steve Quayle's own words. He supported the report made by "Hunter", and I believe him.

I think most of all, many of us just don't want to be this helpless in the face of the big birds flying. I know I don't, but I think I'd be a fool to not have a gameplan that addressed what I think is a human eventuality. I pray it not be so. I will be thrilled to wake up alive and slightly the worse for wear 10 years from now and no birds have flown. Let it be so.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Prove it please. I've been within 50 miles of a rocket launch and it required 30X binoculars to achieve a visual clarity.

I have a relative up north of Great Falls. I asked her if she saw anything. She was not looking at the skies that night. A commonality? Coincidence? Human nature?

I accept that it might be a ruse. The evidence is pretty stout to me. I think many of us are hard pressed to come to terms with the idea that the U.S. goverment has special aerial craft that we don't know about.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Look, this is all very interesting but there is absolutely no reason to believe this fantastic tale is true. As others have pointed out, there is no way the Military would be broadcasting on non secure frequencies.

Also, had events happened as they are described, how is that no one, saw this? Think about all the reports we hear about when a UFO is spotted? How is it that an event of this magnitude goes unobserved?

I don't know anything about Steve Quayle but a case could be made that making such an outlandish claim would drive traffic to his website. You must always ask how the claimant stands to benefit by going public with such an unsubstantiated report. I think it's pretty clear how Mr Quayle would benefit.

I'm of the belief that anything is possible these days but I require at least some substance before giving this type of wild eyed story a second thought.

Your mileage may vary.

Bozeman? Observers? Note that the report said "near" Bozeman. You know what's near Bozeman? Nothing. Lots of it, too. Not saying you're wrong, just expressing some of my knowledge of the area. To the west of Bozeman, you run into miles of nothing but beautiful timbers, some lakes and streams. Further still into the Tendoy/Salmon River Area, upper Selway-Bitteroot Wilderness Area. Maybe a sasquatch was a witness or the distant relatives of Buckskin Billy (a real person).

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Prove it please. I've been within 50 miles of a rocket launch and it required 30X binoculars to achieve a visual clarity.

I accept that it might be a ruse. The evidence is pretty stout to me.

Let me point out the contradiction here, you think it needs to be proven that a rocket launch can be seen at 50 miles at night, however, the evidence presented in that report is stout? I am not sure there is even any evidence in that report, it is all second hand hearsay. I can understand having loyalty to Steve Quayle for whatever reason, but c'mon now.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is all false information.The only thing that has happen on june 20,2008 Russians launched a military exercise in the artic regions near the Atlantic oceans.

english.people.com.cn...

[edit on 24-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

You can step up to the plate if you like, that's fine with me. Understand that I am in pursuit of the truth of things....... If I'm wrong or in error, I WANT to know those things.

The poster said: " Except that rocket launches, especially at night, can be seen hundreds of miles away. Rockets launched from the Cape have been seen in Europe on their way up"

I would like proof of that, as it is inconsistant with my own experience. Not calling them a liar, or even wrong, I just would like to substantiate their information. It is entirely too easy to say things and expect them to be taken as fact. That is why I usually say, "I think", "I believe".

I think, based upon my own experiences with known rocket launches, that they are not readily visibile much beyond the curvature of the Earth, and not very luminous much beyond 100 miles. That is my contention. Please feel free to offer evidence to the contrary. Let us be coworkers in the search for truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I found this in the internet, looks stout to me:

Should a rocket blast off on schedule early next Monday ... morning from NASA's Wallops Island Flight Facility in Virginia, a potentially spectacular sight might greet early risers en route to work and school.
But using similar dusk and dawn launches from Vandenberg as a guide, I've determined that it may be possible that Monday's pre-sunrise launch may be visible as far north as southern Maine; as far south as northeastern Florida and as far west as eastern Kentucky. The rocket will be launched on a southeast trajectory. Approximately six minutes after launch it will be passing north of Bermuda. Three minutes later it will reach orbital altitude over the middle of the North Atlantic.
- Space.com

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is the only missile test known and it was in the ocean.Two days earlier.

The Pentagon's Laughable Weapons TestFire missile. Miss target completely. Success!
By Fred Kaplan
Posted Friday, June 20, 2003, at 2:23 PM ET

It looked like a headline from the Onion, but it was from CNN and the story was real: "Missile Misses Target, Officials Call It a Success." The Pentagon's Missile Defense Agency had conducted a test the afternoon of June 18. A Standard Missile-3, fired from a Navy cruiser 160 miles off the Hawaiian island of Kauai, tried—but failed—to intercept a target missile that had been launched a few minutes earlier from the island's test range. And so it seemed another setback had afflicted President Bush's most cherished military program.

However, the Missile Defense Agency's spokesman, Chris Taylor, saw the test differently. "I wouldn't call it a failure," he told CNN, "because the intercept was not the primary objective. It's still considered a success, in that we gained great engineering data. We just don't know why it didn't hit.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I live up here in ND and by the world's third largest air base. No activity June 20 to speak of. We would usually know.

Also, lot of HAM Radio Ops up here, and very good with it. I know a professor who has his own tower and was able to pickup communications from the Space Shuttle (no joke).

They probably could listen in, bypassing encryption.

The missle may have been shot as a warning, but is doubtful. It is also possible that if the missle launch is true, China or Russia could've shot it down. They both have Laser technology that can do this as well.

Interesting, but think there would have been more leakage for something so serious one way or another.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Agreed. Solid evidence.

Note -- from the article: "often becoming contorted by high level winds into strange and exotic patterns and sometimes, prismatic colors"

Now, the question is, WAS it visible from those locations? We were told here in the Cayman Islands that it might be possible to see the Shuttle's re-entry burn from here. Nope. Not even under 32X maginfication. Granted, that was a daylight burn.

Thanks much for staying with this. It says a lot about you as a person to take the time to research articles that support your position, and I respect that.

Note this: "Current American ICBMs use solid propellants. The solid propellant used in the first three stages of both the Minuteman II and III, as well as the Peacekeeper, uses acrylic acid/aluminum powder for fuel, ammonium perchlorate as the oxidizer, and polybutadiene as the binder. Once ignited, solid propellant cannot be extinguished; it burns until exhaustion. The resulting burn is a metal fire which produces exhaust fumes consisting primarily of aluminum oxide dust and hydrogen chloride gas." www.fas.org...

This would likely "burn" far cleaner than a rocket with a payload to launch into orbit. Going into orbit takes a collosal amount of energy, as with the rocket your noted in your link. Just something to think about. Solid rocket boosters also usually have three stages, with only the first being primarily visually impressive.

Thanks again. I call you friend in the pursuit of logic and truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
At first I didn't believe this much happened, but now I do.

The US is planning a strike on Iran in July, and Russia does not want this to happen as Russia has major contracts with Iran.

It is very possible and likely there was a standoff that was first supposed to be intimidation but turned into a bit more.

Scary, reminds me of K-19 Widow maker.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Out for the night. I really hope and......... yes, pray, that this event was a fraud. I don't believe it so, and it's not a matter of "loyalty" to Steve Quayle, but a matter of trust. He's proven himself as far as I'm concerned.

I hope it was grande mistake. Launching an ICBM and then having the audacity to overtake and intert one's own errant missile...... somehow THAT sounds completely consistent with how I view the U.S. military commanders also.

Let's all just hope I'm a complete whack-a-mole for even giving it credibility. Go on about your lives as if nothing has happened, and pray to your diety. That is my hope. I'm used to being a whackamole.

nite all

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
More than likely what he witnessed was a test of a missle defense system, or it was a missle that was purposely destroyed because it went off course during a test. Of course, there is always the possibility that it was shot down by the 'aliens', the good ones cause the bad ones wouldn't care.

Then again with the trigger happy people we have currently in charge it just may have been a nukular missle that was destroyed because we got word that the Russkie threat was a false positive.

Then again, it could be a hallucination due to qualude use, get it...Steve Qualeude.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If this happened all at night,that missile launched would have lite up the night sky.Reading it more now they are talking suppose tr3?Sorry this just don't sound true at all.But his timeline seems on the money..so why would this be fabricated?Maybe it is true...im lost now.

www.stevequayle.com...

[edit on 24-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
so how did he come to the conclusion that the usa and russia were close to having a nuclear war? from 1 misle being shot to nuclear wars.....?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

D.C. and it's suburbs are all clear, nothing unusual was going on.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I can't decide to believe this or not

Possible though? 100%

May whatever higher power there is have mercy on us. Or not, we are such a destructive species, maybe we deserve extermination.

Also, hopefully it wasn't our own kind that took out that missile. (if this is at all true of course) Wouldn't be interesting if something else took it down? ...get where I'm going with this?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

As a child, I watched every one of the gemini launches from Jacksonville, FL. Obviously, all I actually saw was the fire trail, but this was in broad daylight. I would venture a guess that Jacksonville is just a few miles more than 50 away from Cape Canavral.

At night, I would imagine a rocket launch would be visible for quite a ways providing overhead visibility was decent.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Only read page one but have to say I am a supporter of Steven Quayle and his .com

If he says he saw something you can take it to the bank.

I shared a good conversation with him some years ago where he gave me some excellent advice which has served me well.

The man has a wonderful forum and many threads are contributed to our forum from his and visa versa.

I would love to hear him come to ATSmix and tell his story!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join