It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 20, 2008

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Not really related(or could it be?) but on June 20th the declaration of nuclear activities have been..well...declared?

North Korea submits nuclear declaration

Nothing big as it's mainly about them disabling their nuclear power and such...

Thoughts? Anything?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I read the article, in all its caps lock frenzied glory, and my take on it is that its complete bunk.

Had the US been actively threatened at that time aircrews would have been recalled and any subs/carriers/fleet assests in port would have had crews recalled and been immediately put to sea. SAC crews would have been recalled and dispersed.

None of those things happen quietly. It would have been noticed by a whole load of other people other than radio hams.

And it wouldn't have been isolated to the US either, NATO would have upped its defence posture, and so would ASEAN and the Chinese, and US bases across the world would have gone on alert.

In short, we'd have heard about it by now from posters here in the military, living next to bases etc.

If you put "Skyking + Offut + 20th June" into Google, theres nothing apart from this article listed on several forums - the radio hams would have been all over it on their sites.

And, the icing on the cake are the references to TR-3B (which is an urban legend) and the way its discussed in technobabble thats right out of Stargate or Star Trek.

So I conclude its a badly - and poorly - conducted hoax.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
her and the guys all saw 2 satellites. she wasn't so much excited about the satellites as she was that she SWORE they made impact w/ one another.

Confirmation perhaps!

Originally posted by Mainer
Surely one ATS member must be an active ham,

that's what I'm hoping for.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Maybe it was an accident?

Kinda like the accident when Minnot lost those 6 nuclear devices and found them down in Louisiana! Yep. It happens!

Originally posted by Night Watchman
there is no way the Military would be broadcasting on non secure frequencies.

Yes. But ex-military HAM operators could possibly find the frequencies.
They know how to find that kind of thing. His site is frequented by people
who are survivalist and ex-military (and folks like us).

If we don't believe a completely unsubstantiated claim about an event that, had it truly occurred would have been witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands of people, then we are somehow misinformed?

This is a CONSPIRACY site. We believe that things DO happen that most people dont' see, or don't want to see. JFK was murdered and there was a conspiracy. Hundreds of people had to be in on it but the public STILL doesn't know the truth. See? There are lots of things happening out in the world that don't have hundreds of witnesses. That's why they are CONSPIRACIES.

Originally posted by argentus
I believe this event was real.

I'm starting to. I wasn't sure when I posted this but now I'm leaning towards that it could be.

Originally posted by Zaphod58
So no one in that huge radius that would have seen it thought it was odd and reported it?

Lots of people report things but then are 'shut down' by the military or the authorities. MIBs as well. Who knows. There may or may not have been more witnesses.

Originally posted by argentus
Note that the report said "near" Bozeman. You know what's near Bozeman? Nothing.

I'd love to live out there. Know why? because NOTHING is out there.
QUIET.

Originally posted by alienstar
This is all false information.The only thing that has happen on june 20,2008 Russians launched a military exercise in the artic regions near the Atlantic oceans.

That's all you KNOW about. That's all that has been released to the public. We are consipracists. We are discussing information that hasn't been released or sanitized by governments or military.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gate13
so how did he come to the conclusion that the usa and russia were close to having a nuclear war? from 1 misle being shot to nuclear wars.....?

Read the article in the opening post.
FIRST came all the radio activities.
You've got to read the entire 12 pages
(at least that's how many print out on the computer).

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
In short, we'd have heard about it by now from posters here in the military, living next to bases etc.

Military people aren't supposed to talk about their moves or when they are placed on alert. I know that when I was in the Army, we certainly couldn't tip our hands.

So I conclude its a badly - and poorly - conducted hoax.

Okay. It very well could be. Anyway that ATS can contact Steve Quayle and have him come on to answer questions?? You are a mod. Can you check into that?

I really enjoy his website and haven't seen anything to suggest that he was a hoaxer. LOTS of ATSers like his site. Can we get him on for an interview or something about this???

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Military people aren't supposed to talk about their moves or when they are placed on alert. I know that when I was in the Army, we certainly couldn't tip our hands.

Fair point, but a massive movement/influx of people into bases quickly would be noted by civilians living close by.

I really enjoy his website and haven't seen anything to suggest that he was a hoaxer. LOTS of ATSers like his site. Can we get him on for an interview or something about this???

Bear in mind that what I've said is my personal opinion, based on what I read in the article and a bit of deduction

As for your idea - its interesting and I can ask the powers that be to see what they can set up - anything is possible

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I specifically want to ask Steve Quayle about what you said here neformore -

Originally posted by neformore
the references to TR-3B (which is an urban legend) and the way its discussed in technobabble thats right out of Stargate or Star Trek.

I'd hate to think Steve Quayle was a hoaxer. I've read his site for a long time. Lots of us have. He's always seemed to be on the up and up and VERY watchful of what's going on ....

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I'd hate to think Steve Quayle was a hoaxer.

He is not even a hoaxer, he is a storyteller. An entertainer. He collects things of the internet and invents his own wild stories to get people to visit his properties which he uses to sell advertising. You are entertained, he gets a living, everybody wins.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I'd hate to think Steve Quayle was a hoaxer.

He is not even a hoaxer, he is a storyteller. An entertainer. He collects things of the internet and invents his own wild stories to get people to visit his properties which he uses to sell advertising. You are entertained, he gets a living, everybody wins.

Exactly and there is nothing wrong with that. It IS entertaining. Coast to Coast operates on the same principal. It becomes a problem when the audience forgets that these guys have one goal and that is to earn a living.

I am not criticizing the OP for bringing this story to our attention. It warrants discussion. I just wish some of us would think twice before placing so much faith in a guy like Quayle, who has, as far as I know, done nothing to earn such blind loyalty.

He is probably very entertaining but what has he done to cause some here to believe this fantastic story simply because Quayle has said it is so?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
wow!!!!! pretty scary stuff. i like that website to ,got some goo stuff.
any hams out there pls kep us posted.
peace

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

He is probably very entertaining but what has he done to cause some here to believe this fantastic story simply because Quayle has said it is so?

Exactly. More and more I see absolutely wild stuff posted on ATS and a symphony of users blindly agreeing with it like gospel. I can see looking at a compelling story like Titor and after awhile coming to a reasoned decision that it may make sense. However just believing some random star wars story because it was on a web page on the Internet is the sign of a mental condition.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Can be invite him, Steve Quayle to come to ATS and talk about this article?

I think that he should have the chance to explain what is all about.

Right?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've just read the report on Steve Quayle's site. HOLLY COW! I hope it's a hoax because if it's true, then we all were just a hair's breadth away for nuclear annihilation. Apparently the craft that intercepted the missile, was a US TR3 (black project craft) which if true means that either the missile was launched without proper authority OR it was a deliberate and authorized launch and someone in the military made the decision that WWIII wasn't going to start on THEIR watch and ordered the intercept. If the story is true then it also means that Russia is not a sleeping bear anymore. For those of you who haven't read the report on Steve's site, I urge you to read it before you speculate on the initial thread post. This report scared me #less! We need to get the media looking into this. Contact your local and national media and ask them what happened in Washington D.C. late Friday night. That's all you have to say. If you say more, they'll ignore it. If you say less, they might look into it thinking that it's some juicy political scandal or something more mundane. If they bother to find out the truth, there are still a few honour media people who will push this story as hard as they can. I'm bookmarking Steve Quayle's site and I'll be listening to his short wave broadcasts as often as possible from now on. Let me also urge ALL of you to pray for the 'BEST POSSIBLE FUTURE FOR HUMANITY'. Prayer DOES work. It's been scientifically proven. EVen if you don't believe that, what harm can it do to pray?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My Cousin , as well as a Co-worker saw what they described as 2 hot air ballon flame floating in the night sky about 9-10 pm on Friday night to the east, north east of Columbus Ohio.
Doing some added reserch for him, I looked up on mufon and there was a similar sighting of a fire in the sky in texas around the same time at night.

Mufon website

Houston, Texas A Ball Of Fire With Debris Falling Of It
Date: June 20, 2008
Time: 9:45 p.m.
Location of Sighting: At address (home).
Number of witnesses: 4
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Roundish.
Full Description of event/sighting: We were out on the front porch and looking toward the Northeast part of the sky and we witnessed a ball of fire falling from the sky. It looked like a flare from a flare gun but was humongous and bits started falling off of the sphere like liquid fire to the sides. It left an odd trail of smoke behind it, not a stream but more like an odd spiral. It has not been reported by any news or i can not find anything online
Thank you to the witness for their report.
HBCC UFO Research - www.hbccufo.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
ok - if a missile was " shot down " where is the debris ?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
www.whatdoesitmean.com...
i read this article this morning with a great big pinch os salt
but now ive read the article in the thread im not so sure

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Never Mind, i seem to spend way tooo much of my time with the newbie ignorance these days, there was quite a long post here but i have removed it.

The jist of the post was about how we seem to have had an influx of members, intent on putting down anything and everything for a laugh, my guess is they do it because they lack the intelligence to have a decent , reasonable, well informed debate.

A sad day when you can see the end of a great site like ATS looming, and all because of a few close minded, self indulgent, high school kids.

Maybe conspiracy is too much for those under 18?

I know im tired of watching good friends of mine being ridiculed by antagonists? and i know im damn tired of watching racist crap being disguised as political
debate, also tired of the religious hatred that is seeming to stem from this breed of newbie, not just talking about this thread.

WHY is this being allowed to happen?

[edit on 25/6/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I researched a few items:

The current Minuteman force consists of 450 Minuteman III's located at F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo., Malmstrom AFB, Mont., and Minot AFB, N.D. An extensive life extension program is underway to keep the remaining missiles safe, secure and reliable well into the 21st Century.

Link

Bozeman, MT - Minot, ND - 493 miles
Initial heading from Bozeman to Minot AFB:
east-northeast (64.0 degrees)

Bozeman, MT - Malmstrom, MT - 127 miles
Initial heading from Bozeman to Malmstrom AFB:
north (356.9 degrees)

Bozeman, MT - Warren AFB - 441 -miles
Initial heading from Bozeman to Warren AFB:
southeast (132.9 degrees)

The latitude of Bozeman is 45.679N. The longitude is -111.037W.

The following information is provided for The Bozeman, MT (longitude W111.0, latitude N45.7):

Friday 20 June 2008 Universal Time - 6h (I adjusted 1hr for DST: GMT-6 vs -7)

SUN
Begin civil twilight 04:56
Sunrise 05:34
Sun transit 13:26
Sunset 21:17
End civil twilight 21:55

If it were one of these nuclear missile sites then the launch would have been 450 to 500 miles away.

These just seems a bit hard to believe without others witnessing the event. Radio chatter may have occurred but a shoot down seems a bit out there.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

just believing some random star wars story because it was on a web page on the Internet is the sign of a mental condition.

:shk: Oy.

Steve Quayle has been on a very long time.
His information is usually very good.
People are very interested in what he says.

For YOU to claim that those of us who like to read Steve Quayle, and who have so far found nothing wrong with him, somehow equates with a mental condition ... that's pathetic.

Originally posted by azzllin
WHY is this being allowed to happen?

Why is what being allowed to happen? For you to post off topic?

The topic is Steve Quayles claim that we came within minutes of a nuclear exchange on Friday. He claims HAM radio people picked up the chatter. He claims a single missile launch from the North Dakota area with some kind of interference from either a space weapon or, perhaps, an ET type vehicle.

There has been a request made to the mods to see if we can get Steve Quayle here to answer questions or to make an additional statement for us. Hopefully we can either debunk or perhaps verify ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join