It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tara - Extraterrestrial Goddess

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I cant recommend it.

I won't bother then, the man who gave me the book seemed to think that the conspiracy was the other way around. That his later books, became somewhat more 'ridiculous', he preferred to believe whatever is presented in Chariots. I presume he read the other books in german, he lived there for a number of years following his national service. I must learn german, your restrained comments combined with those of my colleague, have me all interested.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and sorry to deviate from your OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The topic of extraterrestrial Gods does not deviate from the OP. The OP simply shows another of thousands of examples published here and there.

My personal interest in this is re-ignited by what I observed to be a deliberate effort to cover-up, make-dissappear, slander and plot-against certain authors of this area. No need to learn other languages, it will come to light in due time.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The topic of extraterrestrial Gods does not deviate from the OP. The OP simply shows another of thousands of examples published here and there.

My personal interest in this is re-ignited by what I observed to be a deliberate effort to cover-up, make-dissappear, slander and plot-against certain authors of this area. No need to learn other languages, it will come to light in due time.

Whatever the extraterrestrial connection, it is not something that concerns me. I have not come across any evidence to suggest that I should be concerned. The issue of 'gods' interests me greatly though and gives ample evidence for concern. I am interested in your threads perhaps more in this respect, you bring together information that I would otherwise be unaware of and you highlight anomalies.

I've had my interest in the Ancient SS thread resurrected and some of the material you present has bearing there, hence not feeling I was within the OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
ok - how many origins are there ?

lets look see if we can ` cover all bases ` for mythology

an

a man
b woman

came from

a the sky
b the sea
c the underworld
d far far away

to

a impart wisdom
b teach agriculture
c teach technology

that crude ` flow chart ` provides a cookie cutter answer to roughly half the mythological intercessors our ancestors talked of

there are only a finite number of origins and deeds - so given the number of world myths - its easy to see similarities - thats even crediting every mythology with uniqueness - and we know that they are not - thier is extensive ` sharing `

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

In any case, we need to stop worshipping and start examining in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In any case, we need to stop worshipping and start examining in my opinion.

I agree entirely, but, it is not always that easy. No matter what loose conclusions we as individuals may have made, to attempt to generate a conversation along those lines can create conflict - unintentionally. This stifles any real exploration of certain ideas. Or as on the SS board you encounter too many tight lips to get any real exchange going.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There was a special on PBS' NOVA that debunked most of Von Daniken's theories. If you read his books, get the NOVA special and watch it. Von Daniken even admitted he did not go to many of the places he claimed he did in his books. I have not read his latest books, so maybe he learned of his errors. I do wish to read the upcoming links on what he is doing. I do not believe there is a conspiracy against him. He made his own bed when he misrepresented the truth and now he has to lie in it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
There was a special on PBS' NOVA that debunked most of Von Daniken's theories. If you read his books, get the NOVA special and watch it.

No. Saying "Mythology is fiction" does not constitute a rebuttal. The press keeps using the same old story from the 70s concerning a set-up against Daniken to claim "he has been debunked".

What is not mentioned is a huge-paper trail, involving suppression by the Ecuadorian Government concerning that metal library. More in another thread, someday.

Von Daniken even admitted he did not go to many of the places he claimed he did in his books.

No he did not. The only place he allegedly admitted he did not go to is aforementioned library (but this is under dispute). The press has turned this confession into "he has admitted he never went to MANY places he writes about in his books".

I have not read his latest books, so maybe he learned of his errors. I do wish to read the upcoming links on what he is doing. I do not believe there is a conspiracy against him. He made his own bed when he misrepresented the truth and now he has to lie in it.

Lets hope the books with the title "Ancient Astronauts: The Evidence" and "Disinformed" (translations) make it into English someday.

The first book deals with the Daniken-"Debunkers" and their campaign and tactics. The second book deals with the scandal surrounding the metal library in Ecuador.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

He made his own bed when he misrepresented the truth and now he has to lie in it.

I haven't read any of his books so I can't comment as to any of his theories, but in what way, generally, does he 'misrepresent' the truth? Or rather, what does he present as 'truth'?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
I haven't read any of his books so I can't comment as to any of his theories, but in what way, generally, does he 'misrepresent' the truth? Or rather, what does he present as 'truth'?

You´ll hear that very often on Daniken. But when pressed further on how exactly he misinterprets the truth you´ll get the story of the metal library in Ecuador as the only time he made a mistake (allegedly).

This one single mistake is supposed to render his other 15+ books and thousands of articles "untrue".

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I do hope his latest books are published here. I would be the first one to apologize about any remarks I have said about him. You must admit, NOVA did a good job of ruining him. Is he going to take any legal action against the producers of that segment? To anyone who wants to read his books, they are entertaining to read.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I do hope his latest books are published here. I would be the first one to apologize about any remarks I have said about him. You must admit, NOVA did a good job of ruining him. Is he going to take any legal action against the producers of that segment? To anyone who wants to read his books, they are entertaining to read.

He´s quit taking legal action because its a time consuming waste of energy. Stuff tends to find its way into public and published awareness sooner or later though so Im optimistic.

His reputation is a bit higher in Europe where he is funding various university projects on ancient civilizations.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There is a book by Michael Tellinger called Slave Species of god.
It tells you of the birth of manking from the cradle and is meant to be a translation of the Sumerian tablets. The main theme is the Annunaki. If this is for real it is fascinating but its a big book and very heavy going. I need to read it again. If true it would answer a lot of questions of how the root of racism began and why we are a bunch of warmongers. Deff worth a read.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
SKYFLOATING as usual brilliant,

However she is no Extraterrestrial or Alien at all but the real thing!

Writing a note I will contribute a bit to this thread by end of weekend.

Firstly on Von Daniken, do you have anything on him and the Tibetan Discs not in English, or a guide post if needed?

I can get Portuguese, German, Islamic/Urdu, Arabic Classic and North African mainly Morocco, and Welsh, Gaellic, Irish old and new translated with varying time frames from friends. If you do and don't have the time or languages.

I so meant to do a thread on the Tara hill in Ireland I will add later on what is happening now, with the road.

I know as well that if you were to go to that Hill now, mentioned in another thread it would be glowing a much brighter white and pink my friend Ya!

Will update the Tibetan part, its 4.20 am so just thought you might be very interested initially in this, I need to start sleeping more!!

Tara or her recognised reincarnation, or at least Tibetan Tulku who is thought by some to be Emanation of the qualities of Tara is now in the USA!

She has a temple and is a bit of a Yogini, as in the Mad path as such and has drawn a lot of critisism for many of her behaviours esp in regard to sexual relations with men! lol

However the temple has been saying prayers non stop since inception, and her providence is without question.

Her teachings arose naturally in the backwoods of the US with no formal training, and she started her own meditation groups with profound knowledge of Emptiness and Exchanging oneself with others (oneness).

A real Brooklyn girl, who moved to the sticks until recognised and she did not take the mantle lightly, or easily.

Now for anyone not at all aware of the this embodiment of an Deity can be in the physical, you must try and understand they just as a reincarnation take on some of the aspects of the Deity but are not the actual God/Deity themselves.

It is a bit like 24/7 channelling or maybe as if you have a Christian View Jesus he was in that belief the son of god, God's powers worked through him, the voice of god on the earth plane,

But... But he was also a spirit in material, still got angry in the temple that day (spiritual anger is very different to normal ego based anger!), and called to God "why did you desert me/let me down" when on the cross. So how could the embodiment of god loose faith in himself as such... so it is a similar thing in the Tibetan reincarnations or Hindu etc...

So FYI guys initially Tara the energies, and voice of is very much for the first time in many years here now on the earth plane as this world wide spiritual awakening grows, or at least a part of her or rather a embodiment of the qualities of Tara.

This is actually quit hotly debated in both her school of Tibetan Buddhism the oldest Vajrahana and others, as she is officially a Tulku and Dakini, It is difficult to find printed evidence of that aspect of "Tara" embodiment officially.

It is though widely held by many and to include some of the most senior members of the Tibetan Hierarchy. That is all I will say on it. No worship or flocking is wanted, her job is in this lifetime in the US to build the bridge between Buddhism of Old Tibet and the modern world. And it seems to be go swimmingly, the vibration is just right.

This is as she is recognised as the Tulku of the first Dakini in Tibet who brought and protected Buddhism their, Like padmasambava. This first femal Tibetan Dakini is always known as being an embodiment of Tara!!

So the person below is a reincarnation of that same Dakini, therefore an embodiment of Tara.

So please everyone BEWARE of the stuff written about her, Hacks with no understanding of the "Mad Yogi Way" Cultures from the west trying to impose their own views, on what they think such a Woman would be and bahave like.

Her Tulku recognition is by a very well respected master Penor Rinpoche, and authenticated by the Dalai llama. Skyfloating knows why I wont go into too much detail and I why seem reticent.
Rest that and have faith on his standing, and his quick rebuttal to me If he didn't know what I seem to be babbling about ? in understanding my POV.

She has been her job as intended and not looking for fame in any way, but I promise all readers that the decision made to give her her Tutleridge and Tulku status esp by HH the Dalai Lama is not taken lightly.

Furthermore it is tested in many many different ways that people from our culture cannot understand or accept. And is done on more than just our earth plane too!

However this does not take away the valid nature of her acceptance as an embodiment of Tara no matter what you read! At least only if you accept it as part of the traditional culture of Tibet.

Maybe some are meant to overturn temples more than once in a lifetime or such like?

So here she is:
Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo

There are very few places in the world where a committed group of people pray in a ceaseless vigil 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

Since 1985, Kunzang Palyul Choling, a Tibetan Buddhist center in Poolesville, Maryland, has prayed around the clock utilizing the ancient technology of Buddhism.

In 1999, KPC began another 24-hour prayer vigil in Sedona, Arizona. Every day, these prayer vigils are dedicated to the end of suffering in the world and to specific prayer requests. Names and causes are posted and also read aloud before group practices.

A dedicated community of Buddhist monks, nuns, and lay practitioners uphold the vigil, entering incoming prayer requests from around the world into our special Prayer Request Books.

You May Request A Prayer Here - Please Please Please Respect This - This Is for Healing Of Your Loved Ones or Yourself & Peace & Alleviation of Real Suffering e.g. War Starvation and NOT GAIN!!

This is an Audio from Jetsuma to be played to the dead or dying, or just yourself to wish and pray for a Rebirth in a Higher almost Heavenly realm.
Right click and save as or open in new Tab - Quicktime: Prayer to be reborn in Dewachen

Sukhavati is a Sanskrit term that refers to the Pure Land of the Buddha Amitabha. A translation of this word might be "Place of Great Bliss". The Tibetan name is Dewachen

Wiki on Sukhavasti/Dewechan

This wonderful but almost dichotomous embodiment Jetsuma is certainly creating more Stupas in the USA than anyone else!

“Here in America there are so few places to expect the miraculous.” Jetsuma www.Stupas.Org

Njoy

A Yogini in shades eh

But now doing the job in America, incepting and protecting buddhism from the loss in Tibet, bringing it now to the USA, which tends to lend itself to the idea that in the future America will be the keeper of the Tibetan mysteries and Pure Buddhist Practise!

Who would have thought it eh, but that will be hundreds of years until rooted properly. Like when she first did it in previous times, in a new land and ridiculed then too!

My sincere wish is that all who read this wonderful thread by Skyfloating are touched by the compassion of Tara, and enjoy this life as her spirit does too, so that others may also benefit.

More when I have time on her previous incarnations.......Love and Light To All

Thanks SkyFloating

Elf.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

You´ll hear that very often on Daniken. But when pressed further on how exactly he misinterprets the truth you´ll get the story of the metal library in Ecuador as the only time he made a mistake (allegedly).

This one single mistake is supposed to render his other 15+ books and thousands of articles "untrue".

Well, that and the time he admitted to forging evidence.

The special was on Nova, and Nova found the potter that VonDaniken paid to create the "Lolladoff Plate."

When confronted, VonDaniken admitted the forgery and when asked why he did it, he stated that his readers wouldn't believe his theories if he didn't have any evidence!

Yeah. You can trust him.

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Maybe soo Harte,
I am very interested though in SF sources outside of the general English Press especially if it appears any work has been repressed.

Back on Topic though, no one can say that Tara is not real, she is smiling in a photo above,

well a part or manifestation of her energy, personality anyhow. If you look at it from the Buddhist/Tibetan point of view.

And as Tara was created and grounded within such traditions I don't see why she should not accept such traditions descriptions of her now as opposed to Art or stories from thousands of years ago.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Maybe soo Harte,
I am very interested though in SF sources outside of the general English Press especially if it appears any work has been repressed.

Page 17 of this thread for example

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Absolutely fascinating thread.
Everything about Tara fascinates me, and thanks to this thread, i am starting to research this subject thouroughly! flagged!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Have been looking for an English translation for a while from the Tibetan,

Well of interest to all, this is the current daily practise done by the current incarnation of the next Buddha to grace this plane, (probably not this lifetime), the Karmapa of the Karma Kagyu Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.

Known as "Maitraya" and totally differant in every respect to the the other thread on this name on ATS, or any other modern day, and seperate traditions current beliefs, the original and real deal :-)

This orally passed on lineage is unbroken since its inception by Niropa, Guru to student over 1000 yrs ago.

This then is to the White Tara in Absolute terms, not a manifestation of part of her qualities as I posted about above.

So when the current Karmapa makes this daily offering, and all other high masters of this lineage they are not doing it directly to Jetsuma I posted about above, she is just a part of it, like 1 leg on a centipede in their viewpoint.

Njoy.

Love and Light to All

PDF doc:

Within is the daily practice to White Tara composed by the omniscient Tai Situ Tenpai Nyinjey

Om Ma Ni Pe Me Hung.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just seen this thread so I'll plug.

A huge, beautiful and popular mountain in Serbia is called Tara. It got its name from a Slavic god Tar who is pretty much forgotten by now. Not even sure why it was named after Tar.

But there ya go another "Tara"...
edit on 30/10/2010 by SassyCat because: syntax

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join