It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery contraption on roof!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It is reminiscent of RF to me, the 3 horizontal tubes in the middle look like some kind of emmitters/receivers with coaxial cables coming from one end.

Certainly home brew thats obvious a lot of the components and structure are puzzling and the the sprinkler is a complete mystery.

If I had to guess I would say the owner is into Ham radio as a lot of those guys get a kick out of building their own antenna arrays, I know I did.

Bottom line just ask him.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
After reading all this i'm leaning towards some sort of irrigation system. Maybe the guy is just really into plants or something.

I think if he was doing something illegal, he wouldn't have this thing plastered on his house in plain view.

I can see where the little tubes collect water though. Irrigation and water seem to be the keys here.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
UV water filter.

OMGBBQ it's a raygun! TERRORIST TERRORISTTTT~!!!!

i sohuld be getting myself a UV water filter for rainwater as well... city water here is disgusting... smells like old kitchen sponge.

-

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
wow that is one weird contraption.

my guess is somekind of weather related monitoring system or they are testing for chemtrail spraying ?

hard to see but i think there are some clear collection tubes on the horizontal alluminum tubes to catch rain or somekind of samples. the lawn sprinkler is probably to test the device.

either that or it's the Borg trying to contact their ship so they can assimilate you

[edit on 24-6-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

If he is all done building it, then I would think that it is a water filtration system.. now what it is filtering the water for I am not sure.. the thing that is throwing me of is the counter balencing buckets.
I would think that would be a simple timing device for self watering, but I don.t see why it would be needed as the contraption is set up now...
but if he adds a hydroponic bed on the rusty collored frame, that would explain alot.. IE it would be a self watering hydroponic garden... for veggies or for "WEED" either way I dont think it is a "death Ray" or an intersteller homing beacon... LOL

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Its looks like a setup for a hydroponics indoor greenhouse.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Is that Blocko Land? Lego Land? Gumby Land? It does not look real to me at all. Those trees are suspect.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Might be a homemade weather station

just my guess

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Is that Blocko Land? Lego Land? Gumby Land? It does not look real to me at all. Those trees are suspect.

Are you being serious?

There's all kinds of buildings that have trees on the roofs if that's what you're getting at.

Why would anyone want to create a fake image like that?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
He's possibly gearing up to grow some mean sticky icky buds xD or else it could be HAM gear, water gathering system with a uv filter as suggested previously or he may have a very top notch hifi system and decided to route power to it via the roof to avoid interference (which i've never heard of but is a possibility).

Go ask him in a day or so !

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
yeah just ask! like in anice way i mean if its something sketchy im sure he would act all elusive

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
After reading all this i'm leaning towards some sort of irrigation system. Maybe the guy is just really into plants or something.

I think if he was doing something illegal, he wouldn't have this thing plastered on his house in plain view.

I can see where the little tubes collect water though. Irrigation and water seem to be the keys here.

Its probably not illegal activity if it is something to do with, water, irrigation, electrical and so on....maybe its for indoor gardening....maybe he grows herb??

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
Might be a homemade weather station[/url]

just my guess

I also like this one...maybe hes measuring weather patterns, collecting rain samples, wind samples and the electrical wiring is just routed downstairs to his pc so its real time and stored...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I have to say that it is in bad taste to be showing these pictures without asking for permission from the person to do so, and I think you should state that in the title of the post, that the pics are not yours. Treat others as you would be treated. The poor guy/girl has already been judged without defense, not cool.That being said, I would have to say that the contraption will probably end up being some sort of "hoop house" (greenhouse), for horticulture. Peace

How do youknow I did not ask?!.

S your remark is a bit off target. I first asked the maker of the photo's if she would like me to post them on ATS and she liked the idea. She is hoping she will get some results.
Or are you talking about the "scientist" that puts these things on his roof?
The apparatus is not placed in a private place. Normally one would have to get a permit before putting any industrial device on a roof.
There are a lot of people just meters away from that thing. So if it is dangerous one should know.
Nobody is judging. Is is just an interesting riddle.

If you had asked the person, then you would know what the contraption is and wouldn't have to ask complete strangers to look at your "friends" photos.
Your friend didn't ask permission to take the photos.
One of the first things thought, was a meth lab?
I would NOT want someone posting pics of my "projects", not even taken by the op, and have them labeled as "illegal" with posters telling you to have your friend call the authorities, as someone had mentioned.
I'm not off mark, i would do the same for you, so consider the mark. I agree with you, it is interesting and of course, knowing if it is dangerous is a good point. Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i work in landscaping and watering systems and to be honest ive never seen anything like that,could be some kind of new system. or just ur standed meth lab, i'd go talk to him maybe u can get a lil discount

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
hahaha if its in Amsterdamn - Theres only one thing that comes to mind!!!!

Hydroponic Marijuana Setup

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

If you had asked the person, then you would know what the contraption is and wouldn't have to ask complete strangers to look at your "friends" photos.
Your friend didn't ask permission to take the photos.
One of the first things thought, was a meth lab?
I would NOT want someone posting pics of my "projects", not even taken by the op, and have them labeled as "illegal" with posters telling you to have your friend call the authorities, as someone had mentioned.
I'm not off mark, i would do the same for you, so consider the mark. I agree with you, it is interesting and of course, knowing if it is dangerous is a good point. Peace

I hear you, but I don't have the address yet. And still, it is a mechanical device in a public space, you know. I think when there is construction being done anywhere, that anyone is free to take pictures off it and post them anywhere for inquisitive reasons. That is one of the great things of internet. People doing their own independent research. This is not a court.

When I get the address I will try to contact the owner and tell him his project is subject to a quiz and ask him to reveal the answer. And give it to you all.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Series of Tubes?

Must be the Internet...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What's up with the water sprinkler on the roof?

Rules out the weather station, I'd think.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hello, here the one who took the picture (again!)

This installation is in clear few from an entire block of 3-4 store houses in plain few for every one to see from their balcony. Further more there is no paranoia or police calling, there is nothing illegal going on, no handing out the adress so curious cats could go up there to look around and talk to who-ever is around. (and as I stated earlier the owner is not to be found, the house itself seems to be vacant.) There is no danger either, the contraption has been there for years and years now. Without any problems.
So all this is NOT the point I gave Pjotr permission to post it here.

WE JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYBODY RECOGNIZED ANYTHING, MAKE SOME SENCE OUT OF IT OR COME UP WITH A NICE THEORY, CAUSE WE THINK IT'S A NEED AND INTERESTING CONTRAPTION.

Thanks everybody for posting your more or less serious thoughts on this object.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join