It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery contraption on roof!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Its a series of devices.

The large kettles measure atmospheric / barometric pressure.

The water lines go to a triple purpose heatsink / thermal transfer / electrical ground.
Seems like he is distilling water and heating or cooling it depending on the barometric pressure. The Antennas look more like ionizers for the water that travels through it.

The guy is an environmental freak with an extreme interest in climate change and building a closed circuit water system that also heats or cools his living / workig area. The sprinkler is there strictly to let off pressure when needed in a harmless spurt. No high pressures here, just slightly above 1 atmosphere at times or so he expects.

Thank you, that is a clear and complete explanation. The best IMO so far. I am still waiting on a report from local technicians. Do you work with on a weather station?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There's no doubt this guy will be on ATS somewhere so you should probably just look around for people enquiring about building weird contraptions on their roof for communicating with aliens...

More likely that he's growing hydroponic marijuana though...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentBob86

Originally posted by Pjotr

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
[edit on 6/24/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Strange isn't it! Location Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
[edit on 24-6-2008 by Pjotr]

Dude, if its in Amsterdam hes probably just growing a whole crap load of pot in his house, nothing to be worried about

It does kind of look like a homebuilt particle accelerator

[edit on 25-6-2008 by SilentBob86]

A bit off topic, but a bit of information on this subject seems in place.
Although everybody thinks we do all grow pot in Amsterdam, we don't .
Most of us don't care for this (mostly) tourist industry. If you don't need it, you don't use it.
And anyone who wants to grow the stuff will do it where he can hide it (growing it is NOT legal), and the city is a bad place. So they hide between other crops or in barns. These days they move to belgium, I hear on the news. It is pretty easy to detect, because of the high energy drain it takes and the smell. The only thing that is legal in the Netherlands is smoking it.
The purchase of small quantities (5 grams) in coffeeshops is a ALLOW-policy, but producing and selling, import and export is illegal and can get fined by 45.000 Euro's or 4 year's of jailtime.
I know it contradictory, but forbidding the use doesn't seem to work. Then you harras the citizens who seem to enjoy/need it, and the illegal network only grows and gets more invisible, like you see worldwide with coc aine.
(which is pretty visible in Afghanistan, bit OK). The allowing policy does not stimulate the use of the product.
Figures show that for example in Hollan 3,6 % of the people have had a experience with it, against 11% of the Americans. But OK, we do live in a pretty happy country.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

My guess this guy is an indoor grower of marijuana and that this is his attempt at a home-made irrigation/fertilization system. Probably trying to save money somehow.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't work with a weather station nor have I. The closest thing I ever came to a station is installing a computer system in geographically separated stations and networking them.

It was pretty much a wild guess but it seems the guy has just enough of a science background that he could be dangerous hehehe. If it was a grow operation, its a very very small one. Those cans and the hose running through the aluminum pipes have to do with purification and measurement though. The heatsink doesn't seem to have any electrical connection besides a ground trap going from the grill to the ironwork so it seems for of a thermal transfer system of sorts. The ground is simply so no static builds up in the grill looking thing which might actually be an HDTV antenna. My guess is that the person is one part mad scientist, possible biologist and crafty!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's nuclear centerfuges and a chemical weapons lab! Somebody hurry up and tell the Bush administration, before they can build a functioning bomb! We need to get some UN inspectors in there so we can hurry up and twist their words into a convincing-sounding argument for a preemptive strike!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would have to say that somebody has gone through an awful lot of work for a practical joke. The whole contraption clearly serves no purpose…

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Kiddingly? It's a Gonkulator.

Seriously? I have no idea!! It could pass as an antennae or communications device, the three long silver tubes in the middle look like long geiger counter sensors. The kettles and sprinkler could be means of tuning the device, or cover to confuse us.

IMO either it's:

1. Absolutely nothing. A kind of artwork.

2. The product of a crazy old guy with a tin-foil hat.

Not quite sure which is the more-likely scenario.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have to agree with apaulo;

I have a feeling that the owner of the building noticed his nosy neighbor spying on him with binoculars and decided to fuel the fire of their curiosity by assembling this hodge-podge of convoluted components.

I can't help but picture in my mind the nosy neighbor lady on the Bewitched TV series whose life was so void of purpose that she was compelled to constantly peak at her neighbors to see what mischief they were up to.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have to agree with Atlantican and his analysis of your photos. That was my original idea when I first saw the photos. Giving thought to this thread however... a lot of people are telling you to be worried. Looking at these photos, it looks nothing more than a science buff going a little out of his way to create some type of weather station or something. I don't feel that you have to be concerned with this contraption being a threat to you.

First off, if you look at the materials he is using... it pretty much sums up how dedicated this man is... even if he doesn't have a lot of money. Looking at the intricacy of some of this creation, it does look like he knows what he is doing. Even the electricity running near a water source... if the guy has the mentality to create something this complex from raw materials, I'm sure he is smart enough to know where the line is between safe and unsafe interaction between water and electricity.

Maybe in a strange situation, this man is experimenting with electrolysis. Electrolysis uses an electric charge in water to separate the hydrogen atoms from the oxygen atoms. Without this interaction, it would be very difficult to extract hydrogen from water to use as a fuel source. Because electrolysis is used to extract hydrogen from water, many many backyard scientists are using this method today given the energy situation we are in today. If you don't believe me, or you are interested further into this idea look it up on you tube... I guarantee many amateur videos showing you how to do this.

en.wikipedia.org...

regardless however, I'd say this guy knows what he's doing... and whether or not he decides to go out and finish his project I personally don't think that you have a reason to fear his creation. I see nothing that looks particularly life threatening on that rooftop. Who knows... maybe this guy is on the verge of some kind of great scientific breakthrough? you wouldn't want to ruin that because he didn't have the right permits and you felt you had to step in and call the police on him.

hell can you imagine how far science would have been set back if Thomas Edison or Albert Einstein didn't have the right permits?

-Anomen

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It looks to me like this guy is testing alternative energy sources.

He is probably using the movement of running water inside the hose to create "free" electricity, at the expense of a water bill.

It also looks like he might be collecting energy from radio waves.

It also looks like he is testing rain collection or electrical energy from rain of some sort and the yellow sprinkler is his "test rain".

I would also bet that he can't wait for an "electrical storm" so he could catch a lightning bolt.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's a primitive flux capacitor.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
LOL I check in on this thread and have been reading it and chuckling....has no one just asked the man yet what it is? Heck I wished I lived there I'd go ask him over a beer and tape the whole thing for ATS
Since everyone's so fascinated by his contraption. If anyone has the guy's e-mail address U2U it to me and I'll ask him, if he speaks English

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is a device to cancel out different sorts of electro-smog

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
LOL I check in on this thread and have been reading it and chuckling....has no one just asked the man yet what it is?

That's JUST what I was about to suggest!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
At first I was wondering if it might be a system for performing electrolysis on water for hydrogen fuel by capturing lightning. But theres a lot more to water electrolysis systems than 2 buckets and everything is too low to ever be hit by lightning. Then I thought this contraption might be used to test for air pollution like chemtrail stuff. But a closer look revealed that there is extensively heavy electrical insulation. I'm sure these are antennas and those "buckets" must be hollow, as part of an antenna. Those 3 adjacent tubes remind me of hum-bucking pickup coils on a guitar, which cancel out electrical interference). The tubes contain antennas and the middle antenna receives the inverse of the electrical signal that the other 2 get. So I'm guessing its for amateur meteorology, TV, long range wi-fi hacking, HAM radio or

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This is a device to cancel out different sorts of electro-smog

Anyway, I'll bet those components have well known names which could be googled to find instructions for the contraption. Of course whoever knows those part names probably knows exactly what this is.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma

Originally posted by Pjotr
I love the soupkettles!

that is the first thing i noticed.
it is like a water weight scale the way they are balanced.

it is a scary looking device for sure.
Watch it turn out to be some home-made HAM radio antennae or something similiarly mundane. Maybe a scarecrow to keep the pigeons away
i could have told him that a plastic owl works great!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by ObamaMomma]

Antennae is exactly what i had in mind the second I saw it. Maybe he's trying to do a little of his own SETI? Or pick up military radio? He'd need alot of power, perhaps that explains the cables?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Has anyone guessed:

A Riechian Cloudbuster

???

It is a radionics device designed to create or dispel cloud formations. The group of parallel pipe must have a hose and pump for putting into a large body of water. The "orgone energy" from the body of water is then beamed up through the pipes, and cancels out out the DOR in the clouds.

Betcha I'm right.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
oops. So excited that I forgot to post links to other cloudbusters:

Cloudbuster to destroy chemtrails

Images of Reich's Cloudbuster

Youtube video: build your own orgone accumilator / cloudbuster

What did I win????
(OMG. Sometimes I even impress myself. I know.)

[edit on 28-8-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join