It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soylent green

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Is it just me or have we been hit with a wave of major problems. Oil, food, climate change, weird weather, terrorism, war the list goes on.

Maybe the planet has decided to tell us (citizens of earth) something, there is simply too many of us and we need to reduce the numbers somehow. I guess when you just look at the facts without a major reduction in population we will run out of resources within 100 years. The population is currently 6 billion plus most academics state that the earth could support 500 million.

So unless we or the NWO or secret world government start to do something to reduce the numbers, wait!

War - reduces numbers
Food shortages - reduces numbers
Weird weather -reduces........

I am thinking that a plan is action who is behind it I don't know however shocking i think that it is necessary, we need to de populate the planet before we don't have any food for real, no forrests, no clean water, air.

I for one definately will not be eating soylent green no matter how hungry I get.

The biggest problem facing man is over crowding of this small planet.

Thanks for reading my rant, any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

I for one definately will not be eating soylent green no matter how hungry I get.

what is soylent green ?...i have a feeling i don't want to know but...

there are so many things going on in the world right now that it's easy to believe the end is getting ever so closer. i believe there around 260 things that have to continue in order for this planet and us to survive.

i think mother earth will shake us off like a flea when she has had enough and according to this guy We Are Toast soon anyway's

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 23-6-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have been saying for years that they forgot how to make good children's movies. But, Willy Wonka, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, & Soylent Green. 'nuff said!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

what is soylent green ?...i have a feeling i don't want to know but...

IT'S PEOPLE!

FOOD MADE FROM PEOPLE!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ok i was right i didnt want to know that...

hunger will make you do crazy things but ............think about that movie where the airplane crashed and the survivors started to eat the dead bodies to survive ...

i cant remember the name of that movie but i think it was a true story.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

The biggest problem facing man is over crowding of this small planet.

Thanks for reading my rant, any thoughts?

I disagree on the question of overcrowding.

The biggest problem is that the elites try to convince us there is a population problem so as to justify their spraying poisons in our air and poisoning us through the Genetically Modified foods not to mention poisoning us through fluoride, aspartame and God knows what else.

So in reductio, the biggest problem is that the elites (Bilderbergers, call them what you like), the elites want you and me dead dead dead. Then they can better 'control' those that are left.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

So you don't think the world has a population too large in relation to the resources available?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
MMMM

Most academic research points to a population of no more than 500 million humans. So at our current 6 billion we are running out of resources as well as destroying the habitat at an alarming rate.

Problem 1 - Weather
Problem 2 - Natural resources (OIL, Water, Wood, Food, etc)
Problem 3 - Overcrowding
Problem 4 - War

You can list a whole load of problems, however when it comes down to it - we are in our own little countries competing with other countries for limited resources which we either buy or take through war.

The ELITE have a point, what happens when you allow an animal to breed to dangerous levels - you control those levels by cutting the numbers down to size. So how do you go about that and keep the planet in good shape?

Nuclear war - No
Non nuclear wars - Yes
Biological war (although not taking credit for it) - Yes (AIDS, Bird flu, etc)
Natural man made disasters - Yes

The problem with the elites is they are not aliens, they are not humanists, they are however logical and as you would say either in charge or close to those in charge.

If you believe that 1. there is a plan to save the earth and 2. In doing so involves cutting our current population to sub 1 billion then..................

Ideas on a postcard to the NWO c/o The US, Chinese, Russian and EU elites.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I believe the movie you are referring to is "Alive", its the story of the Uruguayan national rugby team who's plane crashed in the Andes in 1972...

45 passengers and crew at the start, 16 survivors who ate human flesh toward the end of their ordeal...

Is this the one you mean, easy ?

P.S - No barfing !!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
To add to the soylent green idea:

there is a roman catholic prophecy from the fringe that after the USA is destroyed and the western USA is in the hands of the Communist Chinese, the ChiComs will begin 'liquidating' the population and the U.S. citizens who will be slaughtered like cattle in meatpacking plants will have their dead bodies converted into food for the Chinese people.

One can almost hear the conversation now albeit translated into English, "Mei-mei, let's have American ground beef for supper tonight."

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If one wants to know the likely picture of planet earth in the future one needs only to read the book titled oryx and crake by Margaret Atwood.

Its a fantastic book and I would recommend it to anyone.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
If one wants to know the likely picture of planet earth in the future one needs only to read the book titled oryx and crake by Margaret Atwood.

Its a fantastic book and I would recommend it to anyone.

It is Margaret Atwood's best piece of speculative fiction. I am surprised by how few people have read it. Honestly, the novel should shake one to the very core.

Mythologically it reflects back to the tales of Enki, Ninhursag, and Enlil. Very provocative.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
To add to the soylent green idea:

there is a roman catholic prophecy from the fringe that after the USA is destroyed and the western USA is in the hands of the Communist Chinese, the ChiComs will begin 'liquidating' the population and the U.S. citizens who will be slaughtered like cattle in meatpacking plants will have their dead bodies converted into food for the Chinese people.

One can almost hear the conversation now albeit translated into English, "Mei-mei, let's have American ground beef for supper tonight."

Where do you get these "prophecies"? This one is equally as outlandish as the one you posted in the jhill's thread regarding the city of Atlanta. Just wondering your source for these "Roman Catholic prophecies" since the USA isn't mentioned in the bible once.

And you still didn't answer my question on whether you think the earth is overcrowded or not.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I sometimes think it very funny that 'the USA will be destroyed' when you have more weaponary per square mile, per person, per nation in the USA cmon who is going to do the destroying?

Lets face it when you think warmonger, who ya gonna call? The good old U S of A. - Its the silent killer along with the Henchmen (UK, Israel any close ally). sarcasm by the way.

To all of ATS - the total amount of people required to be brought to book could be as little as 1,000 humans. The NWO does not exist, its the old world order that continues unabated throughout history. Power corrupts (you know the saying) we must be crazy we let 1 man and several advisors decide the fate of the western world (in reality this is the truth).

We have strayed from the greek democracy and slipped into some kind of Nero esk style of ledership except when Rome burns now it will stay hot for a couple of tjhousand years.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You never saw the movie Soylent Green?

Here you go, enjoy!
video.google.com...#

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hello, there are 'vertical' city farms that produce up to eight times the food per square foot than 'normal' farms, they are already used in Hong Kong, and could be used in other countries with skyscrapers, its just the will to get it going (the concept)the Sahara under the plough would feed all of Africa.
I grow a lot of my own vegetables, one eight foot row yealds enough
potatoes to feed me for 3 months, or more.
I cannot add links as I print everything off, and the city farm concept was shown on the TV.
Anyway, there is always Google.

new topics

top topics

join