It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do I Feel Like Playdoh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok sorry for not using more professional vocabulary, but here it goes.

I've been on ATS for almost a year now and I've experienced absurdity and sometimes reason. There are so many conspiracies that I've learned and I turned from being adamant to being gullible in every sense.

Even in real life. I have a feeling that conspirators and websites such as ATS are toying with my mind. Before I used to doubt UFOs. ET, Government involvement in 9/11, and other ideas, but now I don't know whether or not I should believe in those ideas. I mean, come on, I think I went from being logical to simply a mold-able substance like bubble gum or... Playdoh.

I came to this realization when my dad told me "Stop wasting your time on those crazy websites with crazy ideas and turn your attention to studying". At first I just smirked with pride, but then it came to me that he could be right. Maybe I should quit websites such as ATS because they're no different from government propaganda.

From now on, I have decided to stay within logic and actual possibilities, not blatant sounds-good-and-omg theories. I also want to warn all of you here that not everyone here is telling the truth and they just want to mess with you and have a good laugh.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Your dad would have been horrified if you showed him a thread we had here not long ago, stating that the sky was fake.

What a trip.

You have to come here for small doses or you can go nuts like me

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't know man. I'm just worried that conspiracies may do more harm to me than government propaganda.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am thinking that maybe your mind is "too" open, in that, you've been absorbing too much too fast and reading it without an "internal filter" if you will, due to the sheer amount.

Maybe your mind hasn't figured out a way to reject some of it, since you might not be giving it time to digest just one topic at a time. Does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

it can get depressing i have to admit...so many conspiracies makes the world seem even crazier. but i would rather know all sides of an issue than be fed just one side of the news.

the reason i like ATS is you get many different views of subjects and can form some kind of opinion based on those. i guess what i am trying to say is i like the objectivity from others , even though some of my posts are biased.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How do yall think I can develop a good "filter" to protect myself from false ideas?

For all I know, I think everyone is brainwashed to a great extent by relatives, the media, and the government. On ATS, I learned that many of those who think they are open minded really are not. They develop nice theories and such, however when it comes to unfamiliar concepts they jump straight to judging superficial evidence. This is one type of people that I cannot trust.

Any other suggestions?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The fact is that some conspiracies are real. It could be your friends planning a surprise party or NWO or aliens. The other fact is that most of them aren't real (hopefully the friends one is). The important thing is that you must continue living your life. If some conspiracy seems logical and there is something you can do (either for yourself or others) great! If a conspiracy seems logical and there's nothing you can do...well, still enjoy life.
This may sound depressing but none of us have guarantees in life. Even if every conspiracy is true any one of us might not live long enough to see any of them bear fruit. The quality of your life is what's important right now.
Good and bad things happen soemtimes by design and sometimes by happenstance...so *breathe* and find joy where you can.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
A good filter simply comes with time and learning how to do research on subjects that interest you. Also if someone links to pravda take that less seriously than someone linking to Harvard Universities website. Again don't take everything at face value but Harvard will usually be more credible than Pravda.

The internet is a great resource but don't be afraid of the library as well, nothing beats hard copy materials.

I wouldn't worry about conspiracies doing you harm just remember that the word that just about always follows conspiracy is "theory"...it's usually just someones idea.

That's why there are so many.

Spiderj

On another note I used to actually feel like Plato but once I took off the toga the feeling went away.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You know, it's just that I can't even decide whether something is true or false. It's always in the middle, and that frustrates me.

You know the NWO? There are many evidences that proves it yet so many logical factors that rejects the theory. I wrote some 2000 word essay to prove that it exists, yet I know from my heart that it's not going to happen with people still wanting independence and people supporting independence.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You mean, DG, the sky isn't fake?!
Oh the humanity!
I always thought when I flew somewhere it was just a presentational experience while being disassociated and beamed to my destination.
I will be up all night attempting to reconcile this new information.

A good filter is your frontal cortex. I've trained mine with scooby snacks to take out the garbage.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think spider summed it up for you d_a_d.

If something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

You'll find that research is the best defence against believing any and all theories put out there. Instead of emotion, try going back to your reasoning and logical side. I'm not saying that it's all bunk, because it's not. There have been enough conspiracies that have been discovered to be true that to lump them all into the untrue category would be wrong.

Stick to the subject's that interest you and you have some knowledge about for a while. That will help you feel like you're on more solid ground. Don't accept anything at face value and be wary of the term "100% proof". It's been my experience both here and in real life that that statement is usually followed by circumstantial evidence and hearsay.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
But...GAOTU, the 100 percent true and all cap header threads get all the points and the all important mod edit

It takes only a short amount of time to sieve the sensationalizers who put in 20 threads a day waiting for a hit for points from those that are not.
Then you also train your digits (with scooby snacks) not to click on aforementioned.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I think your problem stems from a lack of understanding, combined with not knowing who or what to trust.

I'd give it a rest for a while, once you have calmed down, then you can dive right back in.

And, concerning this ;

"" You know the NWO? There are many evidences that proves it yet so many logical factors that rejects the theory. I wrote some 2000 word essay to prove that it exists, yet I know from my heart that it's not going to happen with people still wanting independence and people supporting independence. ""

Inspite of what you feel may or may not happen, I'm pretty sure the NWO will do as it pleases when the time is right.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

its also called time management

are you on here ALL the time?

that could be a reason, go enjoy life

there is more to life than ufo, corn chips, post 9/11 life, morgellons and etc

but if its an interest you enjoy stick with it, just dont let it invelope your whole life that you fail to actually experience life

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Don't get too worked up over it. I like to question everything. When researching whether something is a conspiracy, my favorite tactic it to look at both sides. Google NWO then google debunk NWO or whatever subject you are questioning. Most conspiracy videos on-line try for an emotional response, so look for those that portray logic thought. And finally; Just because you're paraniod doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

top topics

join