It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many think alike?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

How many people have I met or associate with that are thinking alike? To be brutally honest with you it's really not that many.. outside of a few close friends and pseudo family members, not very many people seem to get me..... in this whole idea of being prepared.
Most, well.. they label me as an eccentric 30 something guy... a little worn from the many miles off walking the beaten path and carrying an air of mystery around me.

In all actuality, I could count those that I know and can confide with on these tangents (like these) on both hands, not even a dozen humans close by can sometimes relate. But with that said, I can totally relate to what you are saying.. and with most on here in this page in time. I have always felt that something was going to go down in my lifetime.. something big, and that I would need to get ready for it. It's not really a doomsday sort of mindset like alot of things you see while frequenting the web, just a solid feeling and nothing more. That in itself is pure instinct my friend, and it goes hand in hand with human betterment. You are on the right track, just stick to your guts... they don't lie.
At least that is my standpoint on the matter.

So what's wrong with being prepared?
I know there has been some unusual threads started here as of late... it seems like, but don't get discouraged by that, there is nothing wrong with being vigilant and looking after your own well-being regardless of the naysayers. The Scout Motto is: "Be Prepared" and that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

There are many different facets of survival, self-reliance and self-sufficiency camps out there, from the extreme militants to the backwoods sorts of hill dwellers/hermits/hikers/yokels like myself. The funny thing is, we all have the same goal in reality... yet none seem to communicate with one another. I seem to be getting off track here, but from an observational standpoint, I would like to say this.. from the heart:
I have met more great people and learned things I had never thought possible, just by opening my mouth and speaking my mind, rather than keeping both of them closed. I used to be pretty closed off on this idea... but the times they are 'a changin'.

So go with it, speak out (as long as it will not not cause you great harm) and go with the flow, and just remember... "YOU ARE NOT ALONE"

See you on the flipside....

T Minus

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hibiscus

I see you point Hibiscus, and I do agree to a certain extent, in that life will be easier, simpler, more abundant, but that there are some unsettling changes that we need to go through first, and our lives are so fragile that we need a back up plan, whatever we are facing, even if it's only stockpiling beans and rice incase we're all hit with fuel shortages. Once we learn to do this and to grow our own, when we can, our lives will be easier, more peaceful, more fullfilling because we will have the security of knowing that we can keep ourselves fed.

It's not that we are looking for death and destruction...far from it...but our instincts as humans is to ensure our own survival, and that's what we're talking about. I have a huge suspicion that apart from environmental disasters which might or might not take place, the real challenge we face is food. That's what will make people fight and kill, and it's something fairly easily fixed by ourselves, with a bit of knowledge and preparedness. It's also loads better for our health, and the planet, although I still get moments of "How will I cope without avocados and Emmental??!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Oreyon..

Thank you for the definition of paranoid...I'm happy to be, since that's the case! I did start to wonder recently if the stockpiling thing might just be a genetic tendency I have, when I learned from my mum that my great grandma stockpiled food during the war in Glasgow, and had cupboards full of chocolate, coffee, butter, flour...just in case...I *like* to be prepared. If you feel you need to be completely mobile, it might me much more difficult, and I can't stress enough how much we've all been feeling here that we should move out of the cities, and as high up as we can get. It might be very different where you are tho...you might be fine just staying put with your stockpile...trust your instincts, is my best advice.

Networking is a great idea, even if it's online, as hopefully the internet will be intact whatever happens. We know in our loose little group who can preserve food and can teach the rest of us, who is the gardener with all the tips, who is the herbalist, the nurse, the builder, and so on.

And the point about knowledge is vital..can't remember who posted it but thank you to them...if you can't do the old lap top thing that people have been posting here on other threads, why not start a file or even a large notebook with all the vitals...maps, medical stuff, survival info, all kinds of things you might need...just a thought. It doesn't have to be expensive at all. If you have any tips on what we could include in our own versions, please post!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
I think alot of people are starting to wake up. At least that's what I'm hoping. Something is not right with the world, and everyone feels it to some degree. It's like a penetrating sadness that is persistent, but not quite reckognized.

Something is not right with the world. And I suggest it goes much deeper than many think. I found the Terra Papers explained things awesomely.

Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Link to the Papers in my sig (and the thread).

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Thats not what the dictionary pulled up for me.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
lol. I know. I remember hearing it from a movie at some point and I thought it was brilliant. I'm going to make a T-Shirt that has Paranoia on the back and Paranoid on the front. Will be awesome.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I keep wavering between wanting to be totally self sufficient, which I want regardless of any doom, and being new age about the doom, as in, trust God.

Live by the gun, die by the gun, # it, kill me if you want, my soul is fine with that...whoever murders me has to contend with eternity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join