It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wish There Was More People in Hollywood Like Crispin Glover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i was watching the Crispin Glover on Letterman video, and I wanted to know more about him. He's always these quirky characters in the movies he acts. I didn't realize how awesome he was. It seems to me that back in the 60's and 70's there was a whole lot of risk takers.

The movies were pushing the boundaries. Now corporate media only allows the watered down notions that support illth. I know there are illusion breaking films out there, but a person ahs to seek them out.

I am prattling now...

however, who out there likes Crispin Glover?

Who are some other actors/directors that are like him?

what else do you have to sound off on?

Those who don't know who he is, or what he is about watch this video. Or just watch it if you know about him.

[edit on 6/21/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Crispin Glover is massivelt smart and completely insane (at times). I ahev seen some interviews where his body is there but his mind is on the fritz. And other times where he can be quite fascinating as again, he is very intelligent.

It's funny to think of him as the dad in "Back to The Future," but there he is (about the most normal thing he ever did).

He had a small roll in one of my favorite movies, "Racing with The Moon" which starred Sean Penn and Nicholas Cage when they were young and still friends. This movie didn't even make his filmography.

Then as Andy Warhol in the "Doors" movie. Well done....

What's withe the karate kick to Letterman after Letterman wouldn't arm wrestle him!
Gotta LOVE Crispin Glover!

There's a drug problem there as well. At least in his younger days, as in the days of that Letterman interview. To quote Rick James on Dave Chapelle: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
LOL is that the video where Crispin Glover does a fake Karate kick at Dave and goes all weird and ranting? I was watching that live when it happened, if that's the one you're talking about Eye....

I tried to play the vid you posted and there's a weird greyness all around it, so I went strait to the link, tried again, same greyness but I could make out the faces of Tom Green I think it was, and Crispin? So I can't see it waaa

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
LOL is that the video where Crispin Glover does a fake Karate kick at Dave and goes all weird and ranting? I was watching that live when it happened, if that's the one you're talking about Eye....

I tried to play the vid you posted and there's a weird greyness all around it, so I went strait to the link, tried again, same greyness but I could make out the faces of Tom Green I think it was, and Crispin? So I can't see it waaa

Play it for more than 30 secs, it all clears.

That is Tom Green he is with.( I think)

Woah, just watching this thing were he is off his head, Is that not a sketch?
Yeah Letterman is a serious interveiwer right?

The man seems absolutly nuts...

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
LOL here's the one I was talking about....he's one out there kind of guy for sure
He makes me feel so normal! I don't think it's staged at all, if you saw the whole thing, Dave cuts away to a commercial and he's pretty chapped when he comes back

I don't think he's ever been back on the Letterman show either lol...oh good I am playing it now, yes they have Dave's rant at the end woohoooooo!!!

[edit on 21-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
LOL here's the one I was talking about....he's one out there kind of guy for sure
He makes me feel so normal! I don't think it's staged at all, if you saw the whole thing, Dave cuts away to a commercial and he's pretty chapped when he comes back

I don't think he's ever been back on the Letterman show either lol...oh good I am playing it now, yes they have Dave's rant at the end woohoooooo!!!

[edit on 21-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

I can't believe that in later interviews he try's to put it down to a body double/look alike. ( was I there or wasn't I there) Of course thats him I know George McFly anywhere.
Could it possibly have been some kind of performance art, looking at that album he wrote he seems like a rather jaded person with some very skeewed views on life. I don't find it comfortable to watch but it is quite amusing.

Here he is on Letterman again.

It might show but I just want to clarify this is the first time I've ever seen any of these videos.

That clowny clown clown vid is bizarre and he uses the look he had on the first Letterman interview like it's a character, Mr Far I think he say's. But he was on Letterman as Crispin Glover, it's all a bit strange to say the least.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
wtf was up with his music video Clowns?

horrible...

some say he was on lsd, or atleast the youtubeage....

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
wtf was up with his music video Clowns?

horrible...

some say he was on lsd, or atleast the youtubeage....

There is a whole album full of his stuff like that, not sure if he made any other vids though, so I've never heard any other stuff.

Yes it is horrible.

Edit: Relating to Letterman Interview:
I'm leaning more towards a performance after watching other interviews and movie clips of his, But what does it signify?
Maybe he just wanted to be the next Andy Kaufman, only he knows I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
CLOWNY CLOWN CLOWN?!

The flatulence I get from meskin food makes up better lyrics than his.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Crispin Helion Glover Talking About His First David Letterman Interview

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Then as Andy Warhol in the "Doors" movie. Well done....

He was amazing as Warhol. The whole Golden phone that was a direct line to God, and Morrison just gives it away.

Originally posted by Excitable_BoyTo quote Rick James on Dave Chapelle: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

That's the gospel truth. Can I get a witness?

Originally posted by LateApexer313I was watching that live when it happened, if that's the one you're talking about Eye....

What was the reaction of people when that originally aired? Were people up in arms? Do you remember?

Originally posted by ChukklesWoah, just watching this thing were he is off his head, Is that not a sketch?

Part of me thinks it is real, the other part of me thinks he was performing. If you watch the the vid I posted above in this thread he talks about leaving things open, and in the original vid I posted he talks about creating questions in the media. Perhaps he does what the merry pranksters and Abby Hoffman were doing back in the day.

Originally posted by LysergicThe flatulence I get from meskin food makes up better lyrics than his.

You should record it... Hell Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan got record deals. the concept is rather neat IMO.

new topics

top topics

join