It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day style ufo sightings in U.K

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

Just in case your implying I am a skeptic, I'm not. I've seen two UFO's that I could not identify (and I am pretty good at identifying aircraft) and also seen strange things to go along with the sighting.

However...

That doesn't mean that the critical thinking no longer takes place in my brain. I happen to know, for a fact, that BAe tests it's UAV's in that area. That is where one of their R&D places is, near Filton. If you've seen some of the designs they are working on for UAV's, you'd see that it could be a pretty good explanation for what was seen.

Unless other evidence comes to light, such as a decent picture, I am going for the most likely explanation.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I study Chinese astrology “ not the western version” and have found that on days of major ufo sightings the day alignment “4/5 so far” is dragon water yang . I am still researching the meaning , but in simple terms the dragon influence symbolizes a great show of display and water symbolizes communication/travel. There are 60 animal and element combos a day can have. Could the above be a coincidence?

P.S I have been looking for a report such as yours since last night. I knew 6/21 was a dragon water day, and was banking/hoping on a ufo sighting. Sure enough there was one.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"The ex-RAF glider pilot said he was sitting in his garden reading a book on 8 June when he spotted the object at around 1620hrs."

1620=4:20
Do they celebrate 4:20 in the UK?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
well 4:20 is more of a date thing... but i know personally ive taken heed to the special time ...lolz

i haven't seen this in any main paper ... i normally pass off half the stuff in the sun as bolox

but as someone urly stated they quite often run real story's then over play them to a point where everyone is questioning the viability of the event

im down on the south coast of the uk in dorset so no where near the sightings... why cant they come down here ... Bournmouth has the cleanest beaches in the whole off england... take some holiday time spacemen and come down her so i can get some pics with my camera

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by lifeform

Just in case your implying I am a skeptic, I'm not. I've seen two UFO's that I could not identify (and I am pretty good at identifying aircraft) and also seen strange things to go along with the sighting.

However...

That doesn't mean that the critical thinking no longer takes place in my brain. I happen to know, for a fact, that BAe tests it's UAV's in that area. That is where one of their R&D places is, near Filton. If you've seen some of the designs they are working on for UAV's, you'd see that it could be a pretty good explanation for what was seen.

Unless other evidence comes to light, such as a decent picture, I am going for the most likely explanation.

i was not implying anything to anyone specific. i was simply pointing out how the only people that can ever know are those who were there. you see your explaination may well make sense to you, but without actually seeing it you can not know if your explaination would explain it, only the witnesses would know.

some people use the fact that the sun is not a credible newspaper, i find points like these to be a bit lame. it was points like that i was mainly commenting on.

some skeptics(wether you are or not) really do go over the top sometimes inorder to ignore what the information is telling us inorder to keep their already formed view on reality intact. and use points that mean nothing to debunk whats in front of them.

an example being "if u.f.o's are real why don't anybody get good footage of one" so you provide a video they can see, "thats fake". so you cannot win. which is my point about it being a waste of time trying to convince anyone, the only people that will know for sure is those who witnessed it.

everbody else is guessing. imo in cases like these the witnesses are key to understanding what happened. but some people don't listen to them they pass them of as either liars or looneys seeking attention.

if the witnesses descibe seeing things simular to your theory or the same then you could be right, but what if they don't? what if what they saw looked and behaved nothing like it?

is there any witness reports knocking about? have i missed them?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
did some digging and there seems to be some vids relating to this dates sightings

www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

basicaly the same fottage i think it realtes to the incident if not some peiople where fast making it and putting it up

and a 3 parter im watching now

www.youtube.com...

enjoy...

ill be bk after watching them all

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
oh and an interesting artical / vid linking sightings over the world in the last few days...

www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

and finaly

a report i believe a bit more than the sun (ill slag it off all i want its not a newspaper its toilet paper)

the bbc report

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
im guessing any footage is fake or it would be all over the news sites.

on a nice side not i went to stonehenge for the solstic.. was good fun saw lots of

UFop's (unidentified falling over people) hehe

one more vid link this guy from wales took these from bedroom window
the day after the sightings could be first hand witness

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
oh and an interesting artical / vid linking sightings over the world in the last few days...

www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

and finaly

a report i believe a bit more than the sun (ill slag it off all i want its not a newspaper its toilet paper)

the bbc report

news.bbc.co.uk...

well this proves discounting the suns story purely on reputation was a bit lame and a none point really. theres nothing wrong with slagging off what you don't like imo. its just not good research imo to discount something purely on your feelings about a newspapers reputation.

great links BTW maybe they will shed more light on what happened, im still looking at them.

as for thinking all videos are fake, is the helicopter video a fake? already some on youtube think so. why would the police lie and make fake footage?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So in other words they sold you a paper. Thanks for keeping their ratings up...

BS.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
im guessing any footage is fake or it would be all over the news sites.

on a nice side not i went to stonehenge for the solstic.. was good fun saw lots of

UFop's (unidentified falling over people) hehe

one more vid link this guy from wales took these from bedroom window
the day after the sightings could be first hand witness

www.youtube.com...

are you able to shed more light on how you know this was the same inccident/inccidents in wales? it does say they are from wales on their youtube profile but is it the same inccident of recent sightings?

i see nothing that confirms it was the day after, i apologize in advance if im blind and just could'nt see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
So in other words they sold you a paper. Thanks for keeping their ratings up...

BS.

yes that must be it. thats why i did'nt discount story. i must love the sun.
to be honest i don't trust the bbc, does that mean everything they say is lies? it must do!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i am in the uk - southern england to be precise - and i can report that Sky News and the BBC and ITV are not reporting on this "independence day" UFO flap.

and its not even on the front pages of our major newpapers.

in fact -the first of heard of this supposed Independence Day ufo invasion of the UK is here on ATS...

sorry folks - but i think you are being taken for a ride.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
and for the record - i saw my first UFO last year. so i'm neither a UFO nut, nor a hardcore skeptic.. i'm open minded.
but i aint seeing any sort of reporting on this over here in the UK.

btw - the UFO i saw might have been military - a black project - but it was awesome..

triangle shaped craft that zoomed over me , with not a single bit of sound, at all - and it seemed to have anti-gravity properties due to the speed/acceleration of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ok now iv'e had time to look at everything i can find and watch the footage linked above there seems to be mixed reporting from many different sources which confuse what actually happened.

i don't think people are being taken for a ride, the inccident did happen.
i do think some reports are over exaggerated or reporting certain things that have not been confirmed or proved as yet.

i'm not finding any proof of hundreds of witnesses and there is a conflict of reports over wether the helicopter gave chase or not(although the footage suggests otherwise if it is from the same inccident).

i have to agree with the UAV theory after watching the footage also assuming it is from the helicopter in question(i have seen reports the helicopter did'nt get any footage and also did'nt give chase). the object seems very primitive compared to what i witnessed when i had my sighting and what others witness. which is all i can compare it to really. the object seems to move at the same pace or just faster than the helicopter and moves much like you'd expect of a earth made craft (with the technology we know of at least). therefore IMO it is more likely manmade what ever it is. if it had moved miles in seconds and made impossible turns at speed then i'd proberbly think differently.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
heres a good run down on what has been said and what is and what is'nt confirmed.

www.ufo-blog.com...

somebody is obviously lieing, and i don't think we can trust the footage posted on youtube either, it looks more like edited footage of different(other) inccidents being passed off as the cardiff helicopter inccident. the night time part looks like a chinese lantern.

www.youtube.com...

or the helicopter did give chase into the night. in the uk summertime it dos'nt get that dark untill around 10pm that would mean they were chasing for at least 6 hours.

the above link also points out that the bbc article says cardiff airport allowed airspace for the helicopter including allowing it to return to RAF st.Athen to refuel.

so whos lieing? the helicopter did'nt give chase but cardiff airport allowed airspace for the helicopter including going back to refuel.

the police say one thing and cardiff international airport suggest the opposite is true.

either way i don't trust the youtube footage. i believe someone has edited footage together and then tried to pass it of as the same inncident. even the daytime part of the footage and commentary im certain ive seen on a programme called "police, camera, action" a u.k. show following police inncidents caught on film.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
infact.

kent police helicopter UFO

www.youtube.com...

a news report on the cardiff inccident, which confirms it was'nt captured on film.

www.youtube.com...

this now means the only evidence is witnesses to the inccident so im no longer certain about the UAV theory which i agreed with based on the footage which i thought was from the cardiff inccident but is obviously from a simular inccident years before in kent, it would depend on what the witnesses say or describe. but there are only the 3 policemen from what i can find and reports don't exactly go into depth about what they saw. no evidence of 'hundreds' as yet. and confusion over wether they chased it or not.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Yes. The Welsh like to pretend they are a country, so the Welsh Assembly has mandated that all road signs and other public notices should be in English and Welsh. They also say it should be taught in schools, etc.

Then there is the issue that the Welsh probably don't know how to operate a camera in the first place, which would explain why no pictures were taken.

[edit on 22/6/08 by stumason]

I find this to be Insulting and racist.
The use of dual language road signs, language and public notices have long been in use BEFORE the formation of the Welsh assembly which was VOTED in by people of Wales.

If you believe that the welsh don't know how to operate a camera just trying speeding along the A494

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join