It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day style ufo sightings in U.K

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Independence Day style ufo sightings in U.K

www.thesun.co.uk

HUNDREDS of UFO sightings over Wales were reported yesterday after a mystery craft threatened a police helicopter.

The Sun was bombarded with calls from readers who also saw the UFO on the SAME night as the chopper drama in Cardiff.

And the mystery deepened as experts revealed airline pilots have spotted hundreds of UFOs over the nearby Bristol Channel this year.

We exclusively revealed yesterday how the helicopter’s three-man crew took evasive action to avoid being rammed by the UFO.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think this is really an exiting news from Uk..Reports are coming from all over the world in last few day..From o'hare New ufo sighting 19/June/2008,then ufo seen in Republic of Slovenia(Europe) same day.Then we had pie crop circle .Man some thing is really come for sure.And now about this Bonnybridge sighting in uk and near by areas. Those who dnt know much about this area part of U.k let me tell you guys its located near border of Scotland & uk and this trangle shape are also called by the name of Bridge triangle/Falkirk Trinagle.You can watch the discover channel video documentary at ATS thread The mysterious Falkirk Triangle.. UFO Hotspot

[edit on 21-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Be careful, it's the sun, they are known to be dodgy with these kinds of stories.

But the helicopter and ufo is true for sure, I don't know about the other things, anyone know? Any "different" sources for the other stuff?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
One from the Telegraph

and also showing up in several other places, including about.com

I find it funny how a chopper gave chase.. If military fighter jets can't get near them, what hope has a chopper? bless...

It's good to know that it was not just the Sun reporting on this though.

Took a while for it to come out too.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
also now sky news news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

No, that was not in question, I believe it was the claim that a massive explosion of sightings has happened. As _Phoenix_ kindly pointed out: The Sun has a history of over exaggerating stories i.e comparing this incident to Independence Day

[edit on 21-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The Sun has a history of over exaggerating stories i.e comparing this incident to Independence Day

Ya i know but might be they called it so big because of kind of call they get it,you know in west people call more to news paper then police if something like that happen .Its strange but true
One of mine friend called me up yest and told me that thr or more ufo sighting at hi some town in uk which were not even came in media

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

hello

Be careful here, the sun has the largest newspaper circulation in the uk (I think) and read by ever day people. Personally i don't read any newspapers. save for the freebie metro on the train.

That said, my parents used to read it. It seems to me that the sun is just one of many newspapers that seem to have now taken the "UFO spotted" topic as more of a matter of fact and that its an everyday occurrence these days.

If you wanted to introduce conditioning, surely you would have to go the everyday folk here in the uk its no good limiting it to the highbrow publications.

My prediction? SKY, will have a UFO spot. It will be sponsored by something or other. Just slip it in between the weather and the pollen count.

david

[edit on 21/6/2008 by drevill]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Didn't The Sun also print a picture, which it claimed showed aliens were alive and well on Mars
I'd be surprise if SKYNews air this, I highly doubt it. The notion of intelligent life goes beyond the principle of their station.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
hello

I have no idea about that one, i sometimes see the sun in the staff kitchen.

will sky air? i don't have TV so i couldn't say, but its on their web site.

news.sky.com...

was only kidding about the pollen count, no good in winter you see, bad slot

david

[edit on 21/6/2008 by drevill]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have emailed John Coles who is the SUN reporter who wrote/published the UFOs over Cardiff stories as of late. I hope he replies. I will post what he has to say here in this thread...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by _Phoenix_

hello

Be careful here, the sun has the largest newspaper circulation in the uk (I think) and read by ever day people.

That only goes to show just how silly all those people are (joke)

Seriously though, although the sun has a habit of being one of the worst tabloids, there are other sources also reporting this.

I'm watching carefully, and am glad to see the BBC have also run the story in a much less sensationalist way.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 123space

who can blame them?
they are proberly trying to get ring side seats to watch the human race destroy its self.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The anthropology aspect is certainly a possibiliy. What a silly job for the aliens who may be watching; let's watch a group of creatures gather stuff together and pile it in a heap- then we'll watch others dismantle the pile and gather it to somewhere else. Ad nauseum.
What did ' our ' aliens do wrong, to get this assignment ?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

The story was also in the Manchester Evening News (Fri-20-june-page4)
Note this is not a tabloid paper.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson said it had heard nothing about the incident.

"But it is certainly not advisable for police helicopters to go chasing what they think are UFOs," the spokesperson said.

The above from the BBC story..

I find it quite amusing that while the MoD denies knowing anything (despite it happening right above an RAF station), they warn against chasing UFO's. As if to say "if you know what's good for you...."

Personally, I reckon it was probably a UAV. There is a BAe plant near bristol, I believe and also multiple RAF bases in the region. The fact the MoD is being coy about it say's alot. If the Government doesn't issue a statement, it usually means they know all about it.

[edit on 22/6/08 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
With all those witnesses isnt there an ATS member near there that can talk to somebody? Anyone in the UK??

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
HUNDREDS of UFO sightings over Wales were reported yesterday after a mystery craft threatened a police helicopter.

HUNDREDS you say, eh?

All them people saw the same thing, and nobody took a picture of it?

and what is independence DAI ? Do they spell "day" differently?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Yes. The Welsh like to pretend they are a country, so the Welsh Assembly has mandated that all road signs and other public notices should be in English and Welsh. They also say it should be taught in schools, etc.

Dai (pronounced Day) is actually the first name of a famous welsh drag queen, Dai Llewellyn.....

EDIT: Also, these "hundreds" of people are probably just all ringing the sun to try and sell the story and make some bucks. No one has a pic as no-one was that bothered by it at first. Most probably didn't even see the event in question.

Then there is the issue that the Welsh probably don't know how to operate a camera in the first place, which would explain why no pictures were taken.

[edit on 22/6/08 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
hi everyone, i am from the uk and had an experience myself here of what can only be called a u.f.o. however even though i have been over and over the event many times inorder to find a logical explaination i found that the answers and conclusions are always only going to convince me as i was the one who saw it, therefore the one who knows.

i see the same talk about u.f.o's all the time, you have believers and none believers and both try to convince eachother. i find there is no point.

i do find it frustrating but there is simply no point trying to tell those who are sceptical. some people don't believe because they are silly enough to mistake any moving object as a u.f.o, and once its exposed it was'nt a u.f.o but something like a blimp they are then convinced that must be how every sighting must be.

theres simply no point. if its reported/filmed or witnessed by hundred it dos'nt make a difference.

its either faked/not a credible newspaper/or a hundred people where all fooled at the exact same moment into seeing something that was actually a balloon but none of them worked it out and were convinced it had lights and moved at thousands of miles an hour.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by lifeform]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join