It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Ohio teacher burned cross on kids' arms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Report: Ohio teacher burned cross on kids' arms

www.breitbart.com

public school teacher preached his Christian beliefs despite complaints by other teachers and administrators and used a device to burn the image of a cross on students' arms, according to a report by independent investigators.

Mount Vernon Middle School teacher John Freshwater also taught creationism in his science class and was insubordinate in failing to remove a Bible and other religious materials from his classroom, the report said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it.
Instructions for the Breaking News Forums - Please read before posting again.

[edit on 20/6/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Absolutely frightening these types of loony bins are allowed to educate anyone.

Hopefully he gets life in prison.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20/6/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It sounds like another elitist witch hunt. Their goal is to stamp out the christian faith and any values derived from it. They have succeeded wildly in their plans.

Europe is nearly completely secularized and ripe for the Muslim takeover. It's just a matter of time for America. They will be happy if either secularism, satanism or Islam triumphs. Any of these faiths fit into the master plan.

The only problem I see is the cross tattoos and I'm suspicious that that is taken out of context somehow.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SevenThunders]

As I suspected the cross burning hysteria is way out of proportion to what really happened. Give it to the media to twist things as they see fit. Why don't they do a story on forced muslim conversions in our supposedly secular school or the promulgation of homosexuality and blatant immorality. That's far more alarming, but would be considered "normal" and "required" by the brainwashed masses.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SevenThunders]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Uh, a teacher BURNED a cross into a students arm. That equates to anti christian hysteria how?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Hopefully he gets life in prison.

That's a bit excessive, don't you think?

The story isn't really conclusive about whether it was accidental or done with harm in mind.

Still, that's gotta leave a mark.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

From the article:

Freshwater used a science tool known as a high-frequency generator to burn images of a cross on students' arms in December

Obviously it was done intentionally.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I doubt the cross burns were permanent. Moreover there is no talk about whether there was student consent or not. These are little details that are left out for a reason. The article's purpose is to create anti-christian hysteria, plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The article's purpose is to create anti-christian hysteria, plain and simple.

Europe is nearly completely secularized and ripe for the Muslim takeover.

Sounds like the anti-muslim hysteria has certainly influenced you. Hopefully we can all learn not to judge a religion by it's weakest links.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Why does a person who believes in creationism have a degree in science? Why go against what they paid good money to go to school for to teach? And since when is burning people with things teaching science class? I don't care what the guys personal faith is, you keep it out of the classroom unless it is a school for religion.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with science embracing creationism as an acceptable theory. After all couldn't evolution be god making adjustments as needed.

I do see a problem when science chooses one dogma in lieu of other theories. Such as to be the case with this so called educator. Science needs to be about an unbiased search for truths.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

I doubt the cross burns were permanent. Moreover there is no talk about whether there was student consent or not. These are little details that are left out for a reason. The article's purpose is to create anti-christian hysteria, plain and simple.

You really truly believe this is Anti Christian Hysteria? REALLY?

Im sorry but i think your statement is offensive to Christians, and im Pagan, i know a lot of Christians and non of them would ever act this way towards a child, whether it was intentional or not, this person needs locking up for the sake of the kids.

And as for your comment about Europe,

"Europe is nearly completely secularized and ripe for the Muslim takeover. It's just a matter of time for America. They will be happy if either secularism, satanism or Islam triumphs. Any of these faiths fit into the master plan."

Europe is what is called a multi cultural society or societies which ever way you look at it, just like the world God created is a multi cultural world, reading between the lines from what you seem to think, you dont seem to act in a very Christian way, Im guessing your Muslim comment or the way you think about Muslims or the world of Islam as a whole stems from the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and probably Iran? may i remind you, the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and probably Iran where totally based on the war on terror and not religion.

If im wrong please feel free to put me right by telling me where im wrong please?.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
I don't see a problem with science embracing creationism as an acceptable theory. After all couldn't evolution be god making adjustments as needed.

I do see a problem when science chooses one dogma in lieu of other theories. Such as to be the case with this so called educator. Science needs to be about an unbiased search for truths.

I can agree with that.
Now this is not a one line post.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
WTF? Consent??? "yo, teach, why don't you like, burn something into me, like a cross or some sheet."
I am a solid Christian.
So any non-Christians that read this thread please understand that anyone that says they are "Christian" and defends this retarded teachers actions is NOT a Christian.
There is no defense for this.
Anyone saying otherwise is a Jihadist type Christian and we denounce them as we denounce the Jihadist Muslims. There is little difference other than they won't kill themselves for their cause, they will just spew their twisted interpretation of scripture.
(just another example of how I can totally relate to moderate muslims. So if you are Muslim, then see how you aren't alone, us Christians have to deal with the same type of stuff from people that "claim" they are Christian.)
I do want to hear from those "Christians" that think that this teachers actions was "Christian" ....because I want to put you on my "terrorist" list or as ATS calls it, the "respected foe" list.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Res Ipsa]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The report comes one week after a family filed a federal lawsuit in Columbus against Freshwater and the school district, saying Freshwater burned a cross on their child's arm that remained for three or four weeks.

Freshwater's friend Dave Daubenmire defended him.

"With the exception of the cross-burning episode ... I believe John Freshwater is teaching the values of the parents in the Mount Vernon school district," he told The Columbus Dispatch in a story published Friday.

Several students interviewed by investigators described Freshwater, who has been employed by the school district for 21 years, as a great guy.

Amazing! The images lasted three or four weeks and the parents just filed a federal lawsuit last week?

Let's be serious. If a child comes home with a burn from a teaching demonstration, even if that burn looks like Elvis or Marilyn, someone is going to sue.

So the question is: Are they upset it was an 'X' or a cross? Or are they upset it was a burn?

If they were upset because it was a burn, why did they wait so long to do something like sue? On that one fact, this case could be dismissed.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Other than the fact that you sound like a jesus freak, do you have an ounce of evidence to support your contention?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Uh, why is everyone concerned with whether it's 'anti' anything or if it'll leave a scar or not? This freak burnt someones child. Consent or not He's a school teacher so the kid was probably a minor anyway. Sue? That'd be the least of this guys problems if that were My child. He couldn't run far enough. I'm astonished at the lack of concern for this student. This guy deserves a lawsuit and more. Why does it have to be about 'this' religion or 'that' religion? Aren't kids supposed to be protected by Us all, especially at school, especially by teachers? Where is Your outrage people?!*

Peace. K*

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It sounds like another elitist witch hunt. Their goal is to stamp out the christian faith and any values derived from it. They have succeeded wildly in their plans.

Regardless he should be held accountable for his actions

Europe is nearly completely secularized and ripe for the Muslim takeover. It's just a matter of time for America. They will be happy if either secularism, satanism or Islam triumphs. Any of these faiths fit into the master plan.

Europe is secular because of the abuse inflicted by Christian religions against the people for centuries, hence why so many came to America for religious freedom, meaning they were tired of being persecuted by the church. The church in Europe has reaped what they have sown.

The only problem I see is the cross tattoos and I'm suspicious that that is taken out of context somehow.

The burns lasted for 3 to 4 weeks, so because this guy has belief in Christianity he somehow has the right to alter or disfigure kids in his charge??

As I suspected the cross burning hysteria is way out of proportion to what really happened. Give it to the media to twist things as they see fit. Why don't they do a story on forced muslim conversions in our supposedly secular school or the promulgation of homosexuality and blatant immorality. That's far more alarming, but would be considered "normal" and "required" by the brainwashed masses.

The dude sounds like a zealot, I guess it would be ok if he started sacrificing kids unto the lord, and that would somehow be taken way out of proportion.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Um, first of all, even if the kid wanted a cross burned on his arm, even temporary, it is not legal. Last I checked, scar art (or whatever people call it who purposely get it), falls under tattooing, or it does in my state. Now:

(A) No person shall perform a tattooing procedure, body piercing procedure, or ear piercing procedure with an ear piercing gun on an individual who is under eighteen years of age unless consent has been given by the individual's parent, guardian, or custodian in accordance with division (B) of this section. Source

The parents are suing over this, I am guessing that they probably didn't give permission for a cross to be burned on someone's arm.

Keep in mind that this was not done in a tattoo parlor either, what were the sanitation conditions of where this was done? Was proper aftercare given and was that student capable at that age of following through with it?

But as far as your "student consent" goes, don't bother. It was not legal even if the kid wanted it.

Those little details matter little, and this is not some anti-Christian conspiracy, this is a whackjob that chose to burn the symbol of his faith on the arm of someone else without the proper permission.

No person shall do any of the following:

(A) Operate a business that offers tattooing> or body piercing services unless a board of health has approved the business under section 3730.03 of the Revised Code;

(B) Perform a or body piercing procedure in a manner that does not meet the safety and sanitation standards established by this chapter and the rules adopted under section 3730.10 of the Revised Code; More

It was illegal. Plain and simple.

*Edit to add: And notice that all the laws are for tattoo businesses. I wonder why they don't include 8th grade teachers using burning instruments on their students?

[edit on 6/21/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is only the beginning of their death throws. These christians are totally out of touch with reality and as time goes on they will become a worse terrorist threat to progressive civil society than Al Qaeda.

Granted there are probably some who would disagree that this branding was an act of terrorism but that is exactly what it would be called had the teacher been a muslim.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There have been MANY sick sick SICK things done in the name of or by religious wackos.

I mean really....Some of the things that people have done make Jeffrey Dahmer look like a saint and that was one SICK mofo.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join