It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Ohio teacher burned cross on kids' arms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Now I've come to understand just how twisted and biased this story really is. The teacher was NOT burning crosses into children's arms. This was a nice little propaganda trick by the God haters to get him fired. It succeeded.

What he was doing was playing games with a Tesla coil and for fun he ran some current through the skin of willing students. One common pattern was to make an X not a cross. There was no religious connotation. Moreover the skin markings faded within a few weeks and he'd been doing the same for some 21 years with nary an outcry.

Here is a better take on this story.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Moreover the so called cross burnings had already been dealt with many years before the current allegations. Don't believe everything you read.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

His actions were inappropriate to say the least. I certainly wouldn't be appreciative if my kid came home with a mark on his arm.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Here is a better take on this story.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Going out and searching for a version of the story you like is one thing, but then using worldnutdaily as that source and holding to that while accusing other media sources of bias is ludicrous.

That site is so right-wing biased that Jesus would exclaim "oy vey!" at the sight of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Even after reading the article fro world net daily one would still conclude his actions were inappropriate.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Yeah, if such a thing happened to my child, the explanations would be meaningless. Regardless of whether or not its a cross, an X, Marvin the Martian, it's still marking up a kids skin.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Although I am a Christian, I would still like to take the time to say this: Whether or not it was a cross, crescent moon, peace symbol, an X, or an atom, the teacher should not have branded students. Enough said. Even as a Christian I would be livid to see my child come home from school with something burned into his skin by one of his teachers- even a cross. Let's not protect this guy just because we might agree with his religious views. Wrong is wrong.

Some people on this thread (and other threads currently on ATS about this same topic) would be singing a different tune if a teacher had burned an image of a crescent moon or pentagram onto their child. Let's not get blind sighted by bias and defend those who don't deserve a defense.

[edit on 6/21/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Finally! At last we have absolute proof that religion is the source of all of the worlds ills. Don’t you believe for a moment that evil people just use religion to accomplish their goals. Religion is in and of itself absolute unmitigated evil!!!! These Jesus freaks make Jeffery Dahmer look like Mother Theresa. Oh, wait uh, forget that comparison. Anyway the point is that all religious nuts believe in the flying spaghetti monster and should be summarily executed immediately!!!! Only then will we have freedom. The blessed freedom to believe exactly as we are told.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Anyway the point is that all religious nuts believe in the flying spaghetti monster and should be summarily executed immediately!!!!

I just finished reading THIS thread about an hour ago so it is still fresh in my mind. Please read the original post in that thread to see why I referenced it. Are you being serious or facetious in your above statement? If you're kidding, that's cool- I can handle warped humor but if you are serious please let me know.

I completely agree that the actions of this teacher were wrong but to then claim all religious people are evil and must be killed doesn't really make you look any better.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Very interesting thread about the D-ego, THX. I am one of those who tends to be very much the same person on line as off, though I do write quite a bit differently than I speak.

Yes, I was being sarcastic, and doesn't it speak volumes that we wouldn't be too surprised for someone to actually express such sentiments sincerely? I hate using emoticons when I'm trying to be funny, I think it ruins the joke.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

OK. That's cool. I tried looking through your posts before even asking you about it in order to get a feel for your humor style but didn't see anything that would clue me in. It does make me feel better to know that you were being silly, though.

And what you said is true. Similar statements have frequently been made on ATS so it is kind of hard to tell when someone is joking or not. So I didn't want to jump to conclusions and bite your head off but I didn't want to ignore it either.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
This is only the beginning of their death throws. These christians are totally out of touch with reality and as time goes on they will become a worse terrorist threat to progressive civil society than Al Qaeda.

Granted there are probably some who would disagree that this branding was an act of terrorism but that is exactly what it would be called had the teacher been a muslim.

....ok, people, calm down.
But first I had to respond to this poster. "you are out of touch with reality."
I can't believe you are going to make me defend the fundamentalist right when I loath their intolerant and hipocritical twisting of the Christian faith.
They will never be a greater threat than Al Qaeda! They won't kill themselves for their Allah. They will just damn you with their words, they are harmless mouth pieces. I would rather live in a world of these people than a world of Al Qaeda gonna Al Killya in your sleep.

But now for the rest of you. What if it is true that this teacher has been doing this "Tesla" thing for 20 years? yeah, it makes a big difference to me. If my kid (and I have 4), volunteered and got burned, well I hope you learned something junior. But nooooooo. lets wipe this guys career out because one time, this experiment went wrong.

Did you read my first post? I wanted to lynch this guy too because I took the story as presented. Now Seventhunders from hell gave us a different source and maybe a different version but you all ignore it and start back up with this religious crap.

Does it matter to any of you which story is true or not? I don't think it does. If Thunder is right than here you have my opinion. If the original OP story is right than you have my first post to reflect my opinion.

Not one of you changed your tune on this story. What happened to denying ignorance?

This is a wonderful opportunity for some of you to discover how entrenched you are or aren't with preconceived ideas. We have two opposite stories here. But your opinions only reflect or accept one.

Do some of you realize that you are as stuck as SevenThunder is about what you believe or are willing to accept? The Christian fundamentalist like Thunder, do not have the market cornered on intolerance and ignorance. It should matter to you what story is true here. Well, as far as your position is. I suppose you can be pissed at the teacher for doing the experiment he has done for 20yrs, but at least throw out the "cross burning" angle on this, and the "religious zealot" crap.

I'm not looking to investigate this story, I don't care enough really. Like I said, if the first story is true than you have my first post on this. If Thunder's is true than here is my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do you understand that he committed assault on children with an instrument designed to burn things?

It doesn't matter what he drew. It doesn't matter that the burns healed. If he'd cut them with a knife, that would have healed too. What matters is that he freakin' burnt people, and now there's a bunch of wackos sticking up for him.

This world sure has come to a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just another (religious zealot) loses it on a young person, am I seeing a growing demand for this?

You are now baptized.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I am not justifying the 'branding'. That is clearly not a good idea. I am saying however that the original story was a bit hysterical and took things out of context. As I read it the teacher had stopped doing the branding some time ago, prior to the current allegations. In other words they took something from his case file and added it to the current allegations to make him seem like a nutcase.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I totally understand so please don't think I was singling you out- I didn't even mention anyone by name. This news story was posted here, in the CIR forum, I think somewhere else in the news forum before being closed for being a duplicate (unless this one is the same one- I noticed the title was updated), and on another forum I frequent and I couldn't remember who all said what, in what thread, and on what website so it was just a general statement about those who I remember defending this guy.

Glad to see we agree the branding was wrong. I also agree that anyone who uses this article as evidence to show how religious believers are plagues on society needs to put things into perspective. The teacher was wrong, surely, but it was one man who did something stupid- not religion and certainly not all religion. That's the way I see it. It looks like several are also using this event to bash Christians and religion in general so that only shows their bias as well.

[edit on 6/21/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
.....oh sweet. "stopped the branding" some time ago!!!! He actually did that on purpose in the past??
uh, ok, I guess my first post is standing for me now.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Apparently this zealot has been relieved of his position by the school board.. Where do people like this come from?

Boston (ChattahBox) - An 8th grade science teacher in Ohio, Josh Freshwater, has been fired after it was realized that he burned or “branded” the cross onto the arms of students.

The school board in Mount Vernon came in with a 5-0 vote to fire the teacher as it was found that he would push his beliefs onto his students.

Ohio Teacher Fired After He Burns Cross On Students’ Arms

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow so much anger from everyone. Did anyone take the time to see what the teacher was showing. It wasnt a christian cross by the way when certain kids pulled there arms away from the generator it trailed down there arm. It was producing a frequency associated with your radio...are you gonna sue for that going through you sheesh. Its the same device but lower freq. the miltary is using against demonstrators and 'terrorists'. The kids made the choice of sticking there arm in front of it he didnt. Get over yourselves all of you who judge profainly others. Look at the creation science of waves and frequency he was teaching that it mimicks GOD of creation our Galaxy of Duality. Reasearch the golden spiral and golden ratio please. let not ignorance be your guide. And go figure that when someone teaches the truth those in power react through slander.

oh and by the way every religion has been manipulated by power and greed...and the aliens.

Oh and how dare he teach something other than the mandated text books that go against his beliefs.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daemonicsoul
Wow so much anger from everyone. Did anyone take the time to see what the teacher was showing. It wasnt a christian cross by the way when certain kids pulled there arms away from the generator it trailed down there arm.

I believe that it has been made quite clear by most people that the issue is not even the cross, it is the fact that kids came home with marks on their skin and it should not have been done at the very least without parental permission.

If I had a child, and that child came home with any such marks on their bodies, I promise you that teacher and school board would have one hell of a fight upon their hands.

And fyi, until those kids reach a point of majority, they are not legally able to make such decisions as to whether or not they choose to be "marked" by anything that leaves such scarring, that is for their parents to decide.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i live in fredericktown. 5 miles from mount vernon. none of you know a damn thing about the happenings here.. the articalg say that just last year this man was voted teacher of the year in knox county? or how bout that the cross was burned because a student seen it on his arm and wanted it. this guy has had a bible on his desk for over 20 years and algl because of 2 snotty parent the school wanted him to take it off. there were many rallys held in support for this guy.. this thread goes to show that too many people just blow off their mouths without knowing a damn thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join