It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the ideal weapon be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krisboton
I think something like the Crusader!
(big long range tank type thing, shoots 8 shells at different angles so they all hit at the same time)

You have a point there. Any artilery piece that can do its own Time On Target (TOT) attack is pretty impressive.

However, the neutron Bomb. Kill them all, let the radiation die off and move in with all the buildings and infrastructure intact.

Other than that, the ICBM. Never had to be used. Thats my kind of weapon system.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This post maybe old, but people still seem to have an interest in it..so why close it when people want to express their views...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hmmm, I would have to say an Ion Cannon.

Or a portable Personnel Ion Cannon.

Take out people, and fry chicken!

No, but seriously, in my own opinion a satellite that has the ability to fire a single beam of Ionized particles or a Particle Beam.

It would be extremely useful against large structures such as underground bunkers or Enemy HeadQuarters.
The personnel Ion Cannon would be good against turret emplacements and large vehicles.

A ramjet rifle might be better at attacking infantry from a range.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think the ultimate weapon would be to able to make the enemies kill themselves.

Either by psychological or chemical means, it would be devastating.

Doesnt have to take out any innocents or buildings, just the enemy combatants.
But, im sure that it would also be almost impossible to pull off..

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Find the exact frequency to shatter the human skull, then drop (via parashute) a audio divise that would play that frequency for a fixed amount of time. After that time has elapsed just walk in and shovel the bodies out of the way. THE CITY IS OURS!

I know this was some time ago, but i've been thinking bout something similar.

All molecules etc. vibrate at a certain frequency right? Find the inverse frequency of any molecule and there you have it (in theory)

And the sime with electromagnetism. Molecules consist of protons electrons and neutrons which hold the molecules together. Could some sort of EMP-type-thing change the polarity of the electrons (for example) causing the molecule to just fall apart??

All this theory..... Any scientists able to back up any of this?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenometric

Find the exact frequency to shatter the human skull, then drop (via parashute) a audio divise that would play that frequency for a fixed amount of time. After that time has elapsed just walk in and shovel the bodies out of the way. THE CITY IS OURS!

All molecules etc. vibrate at a certain frequency right? Find the inverse frequency of any molecule and there you have it (in theory)

And the sime with electromagnetism. Molecules consist of protons electrons and neutrons which hold the molecules together. Could some sort of EMP-type-thing change the polarity of the electrons (for example) causing the molecule to just fall apart??

Yes, and are you suggesting destroying the surrounding environment aswell?

Remember, EVERYTHING has molecules, this is a smaller anti-matter bomb basically...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
An orbital lazer cannon, that could pinpoint any target on the planet, anywhere, and vaporize it with pinpoint accuracy....

or, for my crazy side.....;

An automatic loading, 12 barrelled gatling gun with a chainfeed strapped ontop of an armoured tank, with anti tank rocket launchers strapped to the sides and a forward firing howitzer cannon, with 200 pound shells.

OR a titanium battlesuit, with missiles machine guns, flamethrowers and infrared targeting system...

OR .....

a good old fashion sharpened stick.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Yes, and are you suggesting destroying the surrounding environment aswell?

Remember, EVERYTHING has molecules, this is a smaller anti-matter bomb basically...

Shattered OUT...

But all molecules would be different frequencies so the weapon would have to be tuned to the appropriate for the distruction caused....in theory again......

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The perfect weapon would be a group of kittens with rabbies that have and blades and machine guns.... they would be so cute you wouldnt hurt them yet so vicouse you wouldnt be able to draw your weapon before it kills you.... FUAHAHHAHAHA FEAR THE KITTENS FEAR THEM ALL!!!!

(no im not high.... i just have a very creative mind!)

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oglop
The perfect weapon would be a group of kittens with rabbies that have and blades and machine guns.... FUAHAHHAHAHA FEAR THE KITTENS FEAR THEM ALL!!!!

Kinda sounds like my mates Special Armadillo Squad, and the Secret Badger Service.... He wasn't high either... oh, wait....

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oglop
The perfect weapon would be a group of kittens with rabbies that have and blades and machine guns.... FUAHAHHAHAHA FEAR THE KITTENS FEAR THEM ALL!!!!

Kinda sounds like my mates Special Armadillo Squad, and the Secret Badger Service.... He wasn't high either... oh, wait....

Hey im really not... seriously i just thought of that becouse a kitten was trying to take off me toe when i wrote it... so cute yet so scary!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why hasn't anyone mentioned nanobots? A swarm of self-replicating remotely controlled nanomachines that could interact with every substance it comes in contact with would have a lot of potential. Nanobots could dismantle any structure they come in contact with, build and repair other weaponry, enter any building, disable enemy's nuclear weapons, even alter memories and thoughts by scrambling the chemical synapses in someones brain, the possibilities are countless. Using something like this you ultimately wouldn't have to fight anyone, converting them would be enough.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitron
Why hasn't anyone mentioned nanobots? A swarm of self-replicating remotely controlled nanomachines that could interact with every substance it comes in contact with would have a lot of potential. Nanobots could dismantle any structure they come in contact with, build and repair other weaponry, enter any building, disable enemy's nuclear weapons, even alter memories and thoughts by scrambling the chemical synapses in someones brain, the possibilities are countless. Using something like this you ultimately wouldn't have to fight anyone, converting them would be enough.

OOOOO thanks for the idea... Nanobot-Kittens with lasers that explode when they touch each other... to get inside uum.... lets see a big gust of man made wind!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The perfect weapon....

The perfect weapon would be a group of kittens with rabbies that have and blades and machine guns.... they would be so cute you wouldnt hurt them yet so vicouse you wouldnt be able to draw your weapon before it kills you.... FUAHAHHAHAHA FEAR THE KITTENS FEAR THEM ALL!!!!

Sound kind of like Puss in boots. Fear the kitten for they are evil

What about a weapon that could kill people with very high frequency sound directed at a person or group of people. I would turn their brain into jello yumm

[edit on 2-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
if you want a laugh,check out this site to see wht futuristic weapons systems the US military has conjured up!

www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/fcs.htm

It includes new Mowags to replace the canadian ones they were satisfied.Again with 8 wheels,but side armour which adds tons of weight and makes maintanance a hassle. They want to mount a 120mm or even a 155 mm gun on them! One version has a 120mm spigot mortar.Uh...the Russians already thought of that many decades ago but you were obsessed with these 'chain guns". Why do you want uncontrolled explosions all over the place.
And still not a decent rifle! There is that double barreled monstrousit that weighs 19 pounds.Although they do have a neat little 5.56 plastic carbine with a short barrel,somewhat resembling the new Chinese Bullpu that is already out in a more powerful caliber. Bullpups not your style?

I laughed when I saw the Dragon and some other missile launching contraptions.Bipiods,tripods,sighting equipment.Gadgets.The Soviet RPG so simple to operate.

One armoured vehicle has both track and wheeled drive.Must be terribly comlicated and expensive.The Christie type tanks had both capabilities since the 30's.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The new,I think it is British,I think 38mm mortar.The Russuans and Germans already had these mini mortars.You scoffed at the tiny explosions,when the japanese "Knee mortars" were what caused you the most trouble.
Like the 60mm which you phased out (why?) it is easilly portable and can lob a bomb over a fence,hedgerow or building and creates a nuisance factor.The xplosives are much more powerful.
Grenades,bloop or hand launched,are too dangerous,and I hate to know what happens when you have a misfire or a dud. "Just pick it up and throw it in a ditch!"

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A Rifle that fires a 6mm caseless projectile accurately, with little recoil and acceptable rate of fire. Made from Inexpensive and Extremly strong materials and with a mechanism simple enought to require almost no maintenance and tought enought to serve decades.

It must have as little parts as possible and the parts must be simple enought to make in a little workshop. Also, the mechanism must be sealed enought to work in the most barren and unhospitable conditions. Sand, Mud, Water, Blood, Rocks, Fire, Corrosion; It must be reliable enought to operate in all conditions. It must have a spacious receiver to prevent any jamming.

The Rifle must be tought enough to use in the most violent and explosive Close-Quarter battles. It should be Light enought to carry comfortably but heavy enought to use as a club or another melee weapon.

The magazine should hold between 25 and 40 rounds, and should be similar to the stripper Clips of yesterday's rifles. Bullets held by a metal strip that are pushed in the magazine well, held in place by the strip then it being discarded. Like this.

When i said inexpensive and strong materials, i mean metal. Im basing this rifle not on the pussy stamped steel and plastic rifles of today, but the Machined and wooden rifles of WW2 and before. They where reliable, and they where nearly undestructible. This is how this rifle should be. Whitout any expensive gizmos, but nearly indestructible and able to do the job.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a recoiless rifle.
or several teams of highly trained SF guys working around the planet with no boundries only UN law to stop them............oh wait he he already done in rainbow 6 he he.
or just get a rifle that is totaly silent no click of the hammer or that just complete silence or as westy sadi a high frequency bomb. aka just para drop several speakers into a field where the advanceing infantry would cross and watch them slowly die......yeah thats kinda sadistic.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it would be psychological and allow total control of the enemy.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Love is the ultimate weapon IMHO. There is very very little that it cannot conquer.

I think the human body is an amazing weapon. Just look what some karate masters can do. And if you're not physically inclined, just play"crazy" and people run (it's catchy, you know). And then there's playing mind games with people - so many things we can do using ourselves as the weapon.

On another note, Arlo Guthrie once spoke of the "un-neutron bomb" which would basically disintigrate anything man-made. Just butterflies and naked humans left...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join