It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Just say no (in -oh- so many ways)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
To talk about political issues, you have to look at a politicians political past. Only by examining the past, can one predict the future. First, here is a short list of things you will not see in this post

* Complaints that McCain bring forth his birth certificate again (as if they even had paper back then)

* Complaints that McCain is a Christian man. We know how violent the wars over God have been - look at the crusades

* Complaints that McCain isnt white enough

* Accusations that McCain has ties to an evil, and twisted plot, to destroy the WTC on 9/11

But what you will see, is as follow: (disprove a single word of it, if you can)

Immigration :
John McCain co-sponsored the McCain-Kennedy , which would have legalized 15 million illegal aliens, allowed them to bring tens of millions of their illegal family members, and given them credit for social security contributions. The Heritage Foundations’ own Robert Rector said the McCain-Kennedy bill would have constituted the largest expansion of the welfare state in United States history. (around 2.6 trillion)

The War on Terrorism :
What is the principal reason we are in Iraq? Oil. What does McCain want to keep America from domestically producing more of? Oil. In 2003, McCain was one of only 6 republican senators to vote against drilling in the Artic. For MCCain, it seems, keeping America dependant on Iraqi oil is a small price to pay.

Temper, Temper…
McCain is famous for going ballistic on fellow republicans. He’s been known to Drop the F-Bomb on numerous occasions. His dangerous inability to control his temper comes from his elitist mentality and his contempt for other human beings. A republican colleague (Pete Domenici) was rumored to have said, of McCain, “I don’t want this guy anywhere near a trigger”

A man with such a volatile temper to be trusted to run a country at war, hardly seems to be the course for stability. What would happen if Tehran started slandering McCain’s presidency? Given McCain’s mental instability for anger, one would probably deduce WW4

Battle of the Bucks
McCain called Romney a “manager for profits” who has “laid people off” – thus demonstrating how little the senator understands about the market economy. Employee’s come and go. Jobs are not permanent – except for people who have served in the government for more than two decades…… In 2001, McCain was 1 of 2 republican senators to vote against tax cuts. In 2003, he was 1 of 3. Now, he says its because there weren’t matching spending cuts. Then he called them “tax cuts for the rich” after he came under scrutiny. All of this comes from a rich man who never held a real job and chose to make his money the conservative way (you know…old fashioned) By marrying a woman whose family already has lots of money, so her father can subsidize his campaigns.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Complaints that McCain isnt white enough

Great post!

Yeah it is a shame that we'll have to pick him over that nice black fellow.

McCain is one of the last candidates the GOP wants for the next Prez. I was actually really pulling for Romney. Now that the climate is clear I wonder how many others from my side of the fence would have liked Mitt instead of the fossil.

Becker

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I rarely call anyone online an idiot, but if you think that John McCain has never held a real job, that's what you are. He spent over 20 years in the US Navy, 5 of which were in a North Vietnamese prison camp.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I wanted Romney from the very beginning.

At least the beginning after Fred Thompson dropped out.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
LOL

I knew that one was coming. Nice Flame.

I should've changed to to say a private sector job..you know. the kind we have?

Navy = Real Job
Politican = Real Job

why are tehy real jobs? Because they get a real paycheck.

BTW
Next time, leave your ignorance at the door step with your name calling.

But it is funny that this is the only way you can choose to debunk my anti-mccain sentiments...is by changing the flow of the thread.

Care to enlighten us on why you support McCain?
Is it because you want to kill innocent children in Iraq
or is it because you hate poor people?

Because thats what McCain is for, in a nutshell, and in my opinion.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You said that he is famous for going ballistic towards other republicans...I dont see anything wrong with that considering what the Republicans have done to our country over the last 10 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yes, I agree, you should have fully expected it. I never changed the flow of the thread. You're the one who said it.

McCain is not my first or ideal choice of candidate in this race, either. Much of what you say in your initial post has at least a little truth to it. But to say that he's never 'had a real job' is ridiculous given his service to this country and the price he paid for it.

I'm not going to address the remainder of your response, which is essentially garbage.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
lol, yeah especially the part you bring in name-calling.
nice touch.

Im tired of hearing about how McCain served his country. Good for him, he was a troop. im not troop bashing, but i am saying im tired of hearing that his service record is the answer for everything

what about his temper
his condescending mannerisms towards poor people
or anything else pointed out in my OP that wasnt just "a little true" but completely true.

I admited i made a mistake, and should have said "private job" its a matter of words.

So get off your high horse

I WAS WRONG IN SAYING REAL JOB - I SHOULD HAVE SAID PRIVATE JOB

Now - on with the debate
and leave your ignorance at the door with the name calling.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 420prajna

Hmm
you see nothing wrong with the president of the united states dropping the F-Bomb?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not at all I think real people drop the f-bomb all the time

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Romeny?!???

from my side of the fence would have liked Mitt instead of the fossil.
Becker

I wanted Romney from the very beginning.
NYK

When I look at a photograph of Romney I get and insane urge to Goosestep around my house. Call me weird but I believe a Ken doll has more personality then Mitt and I am always surprised that Mitt looks very similar to an aged Ken Doll.

Above Picture of Mitt Romney a few years ago.
Below a picture of Mitt now.

Of course it may not be appropriate to joke about far right wing stuff after all it was Mitt who said and I quote

“It's not appropriate to joke about the Ku Klux Klan,”
Mitt Romney

He does have a aplan for the USA though. Mitt Romeny summed it up it this little gem.

“We have a lot of people who have a substantial financial interest in the outcome, and the interests of clients that they care for, and nonetheless are in a position ..where they can play an active role in this regard,”

HMMMM...which people...who are the clients?

Mitt is against the three strike law....no he supports something a wee bit more harsh..

One Strike, You're Ours: lifetime GPS tracking
mitt Romeny

Yep, ONE STRIKE and Big Brother will be watching you forever. Lifetime sentance for jay walking!

How do you reduce crime according to Mitt?

To reduce black on black crime, get more moms and dads

OK....yea that will solve Black on black crime.. Yep, this guy is as in touch with the black comunity as the Aryan nations are.

If you want to steal freedom from the USA vote for Ken Romney.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yes, you clarified your position, just as I clarified mine. Sometimes a harsh response gets the point across. Judging by your statement on the value of McCain's military career, its probably pointless. In the context of your original statement, his service record is incredibly important. But whatever.

As for many of McCain's stances, again, as I said in my last post, I'm not entirely thrilled with McCain's candidacy and he was not my first choice. He's a politician and, just like the other guy, he's saying what he thinks will get him elected.

-

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna

Not at all I think real people drop the f-bomb all the time

Yea, if you have EVER worked around the military I highly doubt that they would EVER drop the F bomb!

If McCain never dropped the F bomb then that would worry me more!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, okay then, if a man who has zero regard for social ettiquette, kooth (spelling on both?), anger management, selfe control, and sympathy for those less fortunate is your prime choice for president, then i say have fun with another 4 years of bush'

because thats exactly what we have now

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

top topics

join