It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Economic Crash Late July!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
To the nay sayers .. I give you this to drive the point home:

"If you strip out anything stocks related to oil, energy and mining in the FTSE you will see that the market is already down by 30 per cent over the past year. We are in a bear market which has been masked by the performance of those sectors."

Fund Managers React to RBS Stock Market Alert!

The article the OP linked, and the subsequent articles linked from that article, comprise of the single scariest thing I have read in the news since 2001.

don't think your feeling it? Most retirement accounts I have seen this month are down 20-25%ytd from stock losses.

And I admit, I am kind of excited to live through such troubling times..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread and might as well repeat that post here:

There is big trouble everywhere...

When you see behavior like this, you know the impact is near in time and very widespread:

Support for euro in doubt as Germans reject Latin bloc notes

Ordinary Germans have begun to reject euro bank notes with serial numbers from Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal, raising concerns that public support for monetary union may be waning in the eurozone's anchor country.

Germany's Handelsblatt newspaper says bankers have detected a curious pattern where customers are withdrawing cash directly from branches, screening the notes to determine the origin of issue. They ask for paper from the southern states to be exchanged for German notes.

People clearly suspect that southern notes may lose value in a crisis, or if the eurozone breaks apart. This is what happened in the US in the Jackson era of the 1840s when dollar notes from different regions traded at different values.

More...

Ouch.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You know I couldn't agree with you more! With all the threads that have been on ATS over the last year, or so, warning us that something was about to go down economically we had to see this coming. And I am rather excited about living through something like this. For those of us who have been preparing to take care of ourselves this is definitely a blessing in disguise. Instead of viewing this as a negative we can seize this opportunity for increased freedoms by being able to prepare for ourselves.
Endless growth is not possible with limited resources! This crash will give us the chance to rid ourselves of a rather barbaric economic system and elitist control and point the ship in a new direction if we choose.
For those who choose not to change and make the best out of the situation these will be very hard times.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You know in the quantum realm there is PLENTY of proof that our thoughts are creative in nature. To get THROUGH all this upcoming turmoil we need to think positively about the outcome. We need to be THINKING CREATIVE thoughts about how we want the world to be, and how we want to be IN this world, to create a better future for the whole world.
I do not think stocking up on guns and ammo is really the BEST way to look at whats going on, as we have been using the 'me against you' frame of thought for a long time now and thats exactly what got us into this crisis.
We need a new way to get things done beside just going to war and trying to FORCE others to do as the ruling elite wishes them to do.....this way of life of ME AGAINST YOU is not working, the perpetuation of this mindset is why we are having this crisis....we MUST see the world as ALL OF US TOGETHER....for the betterment of ALL and the betterment of the planet.

I can't see any way OUT of this process and we just need to get ourselves though it.....I am in no way saying it is not as bad as it seems, I am just trying to help think of ways to shine some light on the outcome.

We should be dreaming a whole NEW WAY to live in this world, and help each other. A new way to live in community and express ourselves artistically, and work together for the betterment of all.
OBVIOUSLY corporate life is is not the best way to live on this planet......the controlling elite need to be given walking papers from our world.
I don't know how the new way to live together is really going to be, but I do see it as a GOOD thing.......a much more peaceful and loving way of life. Goodbye to hectic stress and go go go...............
Together if we be not afraid and just hold tight to thoughts of a better world we CAN bring our collective desires to fruition. I wish I knew exactly what the EXACT focus of my thoughts should be, but I don't.....so I am just thinking love & light and the BEST POSSIBLE outcome for humankind.

Focusing on how to fight all this is not the way to go....we need to see our way THROUGH all this, and see ourselves happy and healthy coming out on the other side......
This IS a VERY exciting time as we all can come together and create an entirely NEW PARADIGM!! Dream big, dream amazing! Put your mental energy into this new paradigm and watch it unfold on the other side of this world wide crisis.....we CAN evolve and we need not just destroy ourselves.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm going to disagree and say the economy worldwide actually shows signs of getting stronger. Some divisions of labor might be floundering but others are booming. But hey, lets just wait it out and see. Only a couple weeks left.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Get gold my friends. The value of gold I could imagine will boost up drastically, and go through the roof, during the period where oil raises in price. DOW and TSX markets will fall on their knees.

Damnit, I didn't want this to happen this soon. I'm trying to get my parents to buy tons of gold.

I thought the markets go down at it's lowest in the Fall/Winter season's.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

I really think you should look around you and take a good look at what's going on before it hits you in your face This is not a personal attack i'm just trying to point out that the Sh** it going to hit the fan very soon and you need to see the train coming down the track

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Head north. Water, woods, elevation, and I'm not talking Sedona!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

We should be dreaming a whole NEW WAY to live in this world, and help each other. A new way to live in community and express ourselves artistically, and work together for the betterment of all.
OBVIOUSLY corporate life is is not the best way to live on this planet......the controlling elite need to be given walking papers from our world.
I don't know how the new way to live together is really going to be, but I do see it as a GOOD thing.......a much more peaceful and loving way of life.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

Great post.

I too choose to believe that this is an opportunity for a new beginning. Many people I've talked to are enthusiastic about the many definite and possible positive outcomes of this scenario.

I'm not trying to diminish the severity of the 'crash', but people need to be aware of the bright side of things. Within each human there is a capacity for good, and more importantly, the capacity for that good to grow, and we may be seeing plenty of the latter in coming months.

Talk to people. Network. Grow closer and don't live in fear.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Avocado

I can see your point and yes some things might be great and wonderful and we can get back on the correct path of life BUT who is going to pay the bills? I know that my bank i have my home loan with Will not say You don't have to pay the loan back because of the crash
I would love to barter and not have money as our system any more

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When and if Obama wins the Presidency and he diverts all miliary fundng from Iraq and Afghanistan this will slow down and minimize the economic disasters that will eventually hit all sectors of the economy. An organization to employ those out of work will have to be set up such as Rossevelt did (CCC Camps). Their work efforst will be directed to transportation and Public facilities for as long as necessary and until the pivate sector starts hiring again.,

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Question, if this happens and millions of more people are unable to pay their mortgages what happens? Do the banks take possesion of the homes? Or will it be so bad and wide spread that the banks will be able to do nothing about it?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

This is so sad, but true. I agree that humankind should learn to work, and live, and love together and all that... But I cannot be the only white person surrounded in a poor part of town, by illegals who do not speak English?

I think this was set up, we are taught to dis-trust our neighbours by the mainstream media. And for those unfortunates like me, to not even understand them, thanks to the government's open-border policy.

Anyone in Idaho? I am wanting to move there very soon, and hope that the outlook/population is better there ?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Too late. They have done and doing that already. They claim that the prices haven't changed except that the package is just smaller. So in essence you are paying more. I would be able to live with that but to see this economy do down the tubes and hurt so many lives is unforgiveable. I just it doesn't happen. What are people to do, buy gold?? or other precious metals???. I think I need some drugs just right now. Can't handle it.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

I have been wondering the same thing. And what about those who rent? What will happen to us?

I've heard it rumoured that the Fed and/or outside investors will move in and buy up all of properties that we get evicted from, and that THAT is the power that will own everything when it all comes back up..
This all seems too unreal to be really happening.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There are two ways to go with this, WWIII. Which is why this financial disaster was engineered in the first place.
Well fed people just don't have the stomach for real war.

Or a major initiative in countries around the world to employ the people in making their lives better.
The dream of peace, is a narcotic offered between wars, used to reset the board for the next round.

I know which one is most profitable for the Military Industrial Complex.

We in the "Free" countries of the world have the most chance of having any influence over which outcome becomes our epitaph or history.
We now have the free communications to see beyond the manipulations which men have been blind to throughout history. Many of us know that we are being driven to the cliff.

Only when the men of the world are so unwilling to fight that they lay down their guns and are willing to choose immediate death or punishment over being driven to an uncertain death; will we achieve the dream of peace. These men are so rare that history only knows a handful. So what chance peace?

Soon that option will have gone beyond our grasp, as the skynet of technology progressively makes fewer and fewer men necessary for the continuation of the economic game of war on this planet. Maximizing profitablity and the consistancy of despensing product to civillian populations. Oh the glory of corporate accounting books with dependable profits from quarter to quarter.

Either way there will be carnage on a global scale.

We are the well off of the planet, most have no idea of what has been decided for them, they cannot make the choice to put down the gun and walk away, in truth most will never have the chance to pick one up.

You can't stop what has begun
Signed, sealed, they deliver oblivion

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Very worrying thread indeed..... can someone please share with me their opinions on how this will directly affect the uk, and what i could be doing to prepare?...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

"If you strip out anything stocks related to oil, energy and mining in the FTSE you will see that the market is already down by 30 per cent over the past year. We are in a bear market which has been masked by the performance of those sectors."

www.telegraph.co.uk.../money/2008/06/18/cmstockmarket18.xml

thats scary, because it sounds so real.

From my understanding, the 50's/100's stock's are simply an average measure on the top 50, top 100 companies..

if 40 of those companies drop 10% in a day ,and 10 companies rise 20% in a day ( The 10 being oil and the 40 being industry/financial ) the real loss would be masked.

Now, OIL has been rising massivley, and for the last couple of months the economy has been neither rising nor falling dramatically.

.... that statement above rings more true than i want to believe.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
the father
the patriarch

a lark in the meadow
a starkly painted ghetto

the vision of health
an incision of self

be fruitful and multiply
divide the beautiful broken sky

crater the rock when he talked with the vomit
excuse me sir my topic was comet

screw archimedes the treaties are broken
outspoken quotient never was potent

give me the paper saviour and soothe my wounds
proove my wounds are real and win the purple heart

let the circle start where it ended at the end of the sentence
penance is paid in nickels and dimes sickles and signs
fickle the times when you trickle the wine
give me a serum and i will tell you the truth
it was a long #ing time ago when my head went through the roof
head in the clouds i keep my dead bound in shrouds
\\\
all at once everything sprang to life and it was as if a crystalline fractal had encompassed everything at once, a return to the basic shape.
///

now let us return to the basic rape of the mother
earth is worthless to these men dwelling the surface

my purpose must surely surface
my intention was pure when i looked in the mirror

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I would challenge anyone who doesn't follow markets to do the following exercise. Go to yahoo finance, cnn money, cnbc, or any website that gives up to date stock quotes. Take a look at the following compaines (tickersymbol in parentheses): WaMu (WM) First Fed Financial (FED), Citigroup (C), Countrywide Financial (CFC), Wachovia (WB), Bank of America (BAC),Downey Financial (DSL), Indymac Bank (IMB), Ambak (ABK), Bank United (BKUNA), Key Financial (KEY), National City Bank (NCC), UBS (UBS), Suntrust (STI) and many others. Look at the 52 week range and what today's close was. Notice the 52 week high and compare it to today's close. Realize that many of these have historically paid good dividends and are widely held in your 401k even in some of the safest funds available.

Sleep well tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join