It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the silence about the Iran $75 billion from the talking heads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So why no instant analysis from the talking heads about Iran's $75 billion currency move?
Well consider that darn contagious cancer thing people sometimes get when they think too hard about the oil industry and politics:

Paul Erdman died in April 2007 after delivering his tenth and last novel, the Great Game, to the publishers. The Great Game is set in Uzbekistan and deals with politics and the oil industry.

Financial Fiction

And from the same link consider what happens to other people who mess with the world bankers:

Sindona was convicted in the U.S. on 65 counts of fraud and in 1984 was extradited to Italy where he was sentenced to life for murder. Two years later he was poisoned in his cell. Roberto Calvi also came to an untimely end. He was convicted by an Italian court in 1981 of illegal currency transactions. In 1982, a year after being convicted by an Italian court of illegal currency transactions, he was found hanging from a London bridge, possibly murdered. $400 million is still missing. These scandals were described in Power on Earth by Nick Tosches, St.Peter's Banker by Luigi DiFonzo, God's Banker by Rupert Cornwell, and The Calvi Affair by Larry Gurwin, and The Moneychangers : how the Vatican Bank enabled Roberto Calvi to steal $250 million for the Heads of the P2 Masonic lodge by Charles Raw.

Ooooh... Don't mess with the Masons! _javascript:icon('
')

Sorry, no copies of that book are available. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm not trying to scare anyone.

I'm just pointing out that we usually get wild speculation from the talking heads as soon as something like this happens.

Does this sound like more proof of silencing conspiracy to you?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I Google news searched ten pages of articles on this using only the dollar amount.

What secrecy are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Because this isn't unexpected, they have been trying to get them to do that for 2 years now. I think you will see dollar and euro prices rise in response... to hurt Iran in its decision.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by free-energy

I am very confused on your point..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by free-energy

I am very confused on your point..

Me too

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here is the link to the Iran $75 billion story posted by Mad_Hatter.

Iran $75 billion

The book "The Crash of 1979" by Paul Erdman ends in a regional nuclear war and the rest of the world in economic meltdown. (I hate to spoil the ending).
It was so well written from a real insider and so much that Erdman wrote has come true that I thought the usual pundits would realize the seriousness of Iran's move and we would see Nightline television specials or at least in depth financial segments on what this means to world markets.

On Tuesday night all I got from Google was the many copies of the Reuters story so I placed this thread.

On Wednesday night Google gave several discussion threads similar to this one. I guess it's up to us Internet users to share the impact of news events.

I miss Walter Cronkite's era of deep analysis.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've wondered why the silence myself. European banks have lower capital requirements than US banks. Given the current sorry shape of financial institutions on both sides of the pond I'd think that a rapid withdrawal of $75 billion could cause some mighty big problems.

new topics

top topics

join