It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa releases mass Water in space and UFO examined??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
big news if its true according to Jamie maussan, The shuttle Atlantis released a ton of water into space and a mysterious UFO goes near to investigate..

Now why would NASA release a large amount of water into space?

Is it just a standard procedure for the shuttle Atlantis to release what it doesn't need in fluid or is it something more sinister like secret experiment we don't know about or weather manipulation?

Do any one have any idea about thi snow my brain is spinning

[edit on 15-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I know for sure NASA doesn't tell us have the stuff that goes on in space.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow, I'v never seen this before - great find.

In my opinion this is one of the best UFO footage taken in space.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Wow, I'v never seen this before - great find.

In my opinion this is one of the best UFO footage taken in space.

I actually like how who ever is filming this see it too but adjusts the lens so people can't see it.

Can I say NASA is covering something up in space.

Either NASA or some really secret agency.

Well the thing they don't understand is WE know what they are doing and some day hopefully soon EVERYONE will know the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Said it before and will say it again....

NASA are complete BS, they lie and have never told you or I ANY real truths. Period!

Wake up, this site is about conspiracy, who do you think is behind these conspiracies? Those in charge. And who is in charge at NASA? They are.

NASA = brain washing, spin, and a serious case of bad acting.

Even if you disagree with what I say, at the very least QUESTION nasa and thier ways. What do they have to gain?

LOVE ALL

Z

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I can hypothesize on why NASA would release a ton of water. As precious as water is, their filtering systems cannot be perfect. It may well be that it can only be safely recycled a set number of times before it needs replacement. Also the process of digestion reduces food to water, So water will accumulate gradually, if the system becomes full, you must purge it. More weight means a quicker descent toward earth. So a ton is a significant shortening of the station's life expectancy.

What other benefit could come of purging the water?

A negative would be the formation of a large block of ice in space.

To turn this to a benefit you purge into a spray. The fine spray freezes into an ice cloud, gradually the ice cloud traps or slows orbiting debris which may be a hazard for the station. I do not understand why they dont launch a couple of clean up satellites to capture the orbiting debris, like a big catchers mitt, and then toss it down to burn up on entry.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Fake and a poor one at that . watch it a few times and you will see.

mikell

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is there more information available about this?

There are no links to the source for external content. Where was this footage obtained? Was it broadcast live from NASA?

Who are the two narrators? Where was this footage shown?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Interesting but somewhat inaccurate. STS has 4 potable water tanks and 1 waste water tank. Each tank has a 165 pound capacity and they are almost never full. A 2000lb water dump is simply not credible.

STS produces it's own water in flight from the fuel cells and rarely are the 4 potable water tanks anywhere near their maximum capacity. Waste water dumps are normally done well before the single waste tank is full to minimize icing during the dump sequence.

Water dumps sure do look impressive though. A NASA link for those with an interest in factuality and don't mind back-checking.

Now for something a bit different from STS-124 on June 9th - Enjoy!

Speak'

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Interesting... I have to say... the more I watch these videos and the more research I do on it, the more I'm thinking that perhaps they are right to cover up this information. Obviously admitting anything would mean admitting they have access to highly advanced technology, which is a national security threat. Most people wouldn't believe any government disclosure statement that's made, whether they're skeptics, religious, or like us (don't trust the government). I think really the only thing we can do at this point is just to wait for the aliens to make a move if they're out there. Our government is null... but anyway I'm off topic.

It's coming from Jamie Maussaun you said? Then I'm automatically going into skeptical mode on this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Oh NO! Why haven't I seen one of those "chem-trail" nuts on this yet? Nobody has accused NASA of using the space shuttle to spread the ultimate chem-trail over the entire earth? Is this ATS? Am I in the wrong forum again?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakEasyOne

Interesting video, but couldn't that be easily dismissed as a star passing by in the background? The station is moving in an orbit so I would expect to see some lights pass by in the background from certain angles.

Was that a video of them using the robotic arm? Still would have to be a pretty good sized object to be that visible from how small the arm was vs size of the object in the background.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
NASA are complete BS, they lie and have never told you or I ANY real truths. Period!

Could not agree more,NASA are just a front imo,
they have told us NOTHING in the past decades,
nothing that we haven`t been able to find through
other sources, and thanks to new technology we are
beginning to see things in space for ourselves, if it
was up to NASA they`d throw a giant curtain around
the planet!
A total sham of an organisation.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

This brings up a question for me, why is NASA dumping any water in space at all?
Waste or not it would seem to become dangerous space garbage. How many softball sized ice balls are now floating around at +17k mph?
I would think the worst place to dump anything would be at the ISS/Shuttle orbiting altitude. Couldn't they dump near re-entry where the ice would follow the shuttle into the atmosphere and soon burn up?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Are you sure what we're seeing is 'water' dumped in space? Seems to be the Shuttle's RCS firing.

Here are a couple of images of a Reaction Control System (RCS) thruster firing on the space shuttle:

Courtesy: David Wozney

According to James Oberg and others associated with NASA,

…the flash of light was caused by the firing of a small reaction control system (RCS) thruster on the space shuttle. Oberg has asserted that:

The RCS jets usually fire in 80-millisecond pulses to keep the shuttle pointed in a desired direction, under autopilot control (usually once every few minutes). These jets may flash when they ignite if the mixture ratio is not quite right. Propellant also tends to seep out the feed lines into the nozzle, where it accumulates, freezes through evaporative cooling, and flakes off during the next firing. The ejected burn byproducts travel at about 1000 ft/sec. One pulse usually emits about a quarter pound of propellant in a fan-shaped plume.

Now, according a NASA aerospace engineer who was involved in the design, testing, and performance evaluation of the RCS from the beginning of the shuttle program:

When the thruster starts firing, the propellants are briefly exposed to the vacuum of space after flowing out of the opened valves until they reach the combustion chamber and ignite. While exposed to vacuum, some of the liquid propellants boils off into space and then immediately freezes into "microscopic snow. In the case of the small thrusters, this happens so quickly over the short distance from the valve to the combustion chamber (about 2 inches) that the amount of “snow" generated is too small to be seen.

But the dribble volume is large enough that the snow generated can be seen as a white plume in reflected sunlight. It is totally invisible without some external source of illumination.

As to that 'object' it could possibly be reflection or, needless to say, a UFO!

Cheers!

www.vgl.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Wake up, this site is about conspiracy, who do you think is behind these conspiracies? Those in charge. And who is in charge at NASA? They are.

NASA = brain washing, spin, and a serious case of bad acting.

Even if you disagree with what I say, at the very least QUESTION nasa and thier ways. What do they have to gain?

LOVE ALL

Z

I agree and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

some people here on ATS are just full of them selfs saying NASA tells all. Come on OPEN YOUR EYES. NASA is the biggest lier then anything!

Almost all the images from mars are "FILTERED" images. There is filtered and unfiltered. If there was an alien saying hi to the camera you won't see it because people in top secret will get to see those.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Fake and a poor one at that . watch it a few times and you will see.

mikell

you know, posts like this REALLY piss me off. i get so tired of someone saying something is false and sounding SOOOOO certain about it, then saying "check it out and see... it will come to you" this is nothing more than trying to use the power of suggestion to make people think something is fake without ever giving some sort of reason, or proof

please, if you think it is fake, take a screen cap of the part of the video that screams "FAKE" to you and show us why you think it is fake, otherwise please stop with this crap already. making baseless claims without backing yourself up is just silly.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
oh, also another thing i find funny, is that they are saying that they are dumping a ton of water into space, and that the water on board costs 1200 dollars.

first of all, how would they know how much weight in water they are dumping (assuming they are being literal in what they said, instead of using it sort of like slang, because they don't sound like english was their first language) secondly they are acting like NASA wasting 1200.00 dollars is some big deal or something. im sure that damn space station costs more than 1200 a minute to keep it up and running.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah I agree great find

Mod edit:Note about one liners:

www.abovrtopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakEasyOne

SpeakEasy, it's great to see someone with actual knowledge provide such an excellent post, with informative links.

To cree, LOL! I'm counting the hours before a 'chemtrail' enthuasiast shows up!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join