It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery (?) of the Bucegi mountains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Fiction is Fiction. reading fiction is good for your brain, it stimulates.

But when some crackpot sets out to analyze fiction and correlate his findings into the real world, that's where it goes wrong and along the way he get some groupies who would believe in anything that out of the normal.

every day there is something important on the astronomical calendar. matching a particular day fr4om a fantasy fiction to a real world astronomical event, just like conenct some dots lying around making a figure of your own choice, and gloating about it.

If you think the image at the external ink below is man made, well, i am sorry to say(though i have never been to Romania), it is nothing but a case of Pareidolia!

The Bucegi Sphinx? Naaah... a piece of rock in fact!!

Formed by wind erosion as a human head shape, the megalithic stone known as The Sphinx is one of the main touristic attraction of Bucegi mountains, at 2216 m of altitude.
Source

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
You guys are interested in fairy tales. What about the facts? Did u know that are strange things that happening all the time in the area and the locals don’t even like to talk about? Here is one: in 1993, for 2 weeks, in the south part of Busteni Town, peoples had insomnias, no matter of their age. Strange, they didn’t feel tired. Some locals experienced something like euphoria state. Entire town was spooked by this. There is a weird energy in those mountains.
A Romanian guy

If these stories were true, wouldn't there be a military presence in the area to keep prying eyes from finding the entrance to such an amazing find. And also if the military were involved in boring thru the earth to find these tunnels it seems that someone would have take notice of such activities. It's a pretty wild tale but seems to have little evidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
maybe i'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354

If these stories were true, wouldn't there be a military presence in the area to keep prying eyes from finding the entrance to such an amazing find.

Seems the Israeli military lost 6 men that vanished in the area along with one Romanian
So just WHY is the Israeli military in Bucegi Mountains?

Israel IDs missing military personnel in Romania crash
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 27, 2010

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israel has identified six military personnel who are missing after an Israeli helicopter crashed in Romania Monday during a joint military exercise.

The wreckage was found a few hours later in the Fundata-Zarnesti area, near Brasov in central Romania, the defense ministry said. The crash site was in a remote area at an altitude of more than 2,000 meters (about 6,560 feet) in the mountains, according to the ministry. Fog prevented helicopters from flying to the site Monday night.

edition.cnn.com...

We have not found any more followup on this story whether or not they were ever found.

Great thread on this topic

Enigmantic Discovery in 2003 in the Bucegi mountains Romania...Linked to underground world,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skip over the first page as there is a lot of mod editing because Lisa was new and Romanian and didn't get the ATS posting rules proper at first.. but it gets better, especially the ET artifact

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The human propensity to see faces in natural formations is remarkable.

Yes it is... but then since we all SEE those faces, perhaps the forces of nature are carving them for us to see. I bet I can find more than a few Native shaman and elders that will agree

Don't you ever get tired of seeking stars by saying "Paredolia" over and over?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Don't you ever get tired of seeking stars by saying "Paredolia" over and over?

Did you say "Paredolia" ????

Star for you.

The Lion sleeps tonight

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a05312b78bce.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 1-3-2011 by
edit on 1-3-2011 by Lunica because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi, I'm also Romanian and by reading the book I have the imperssion that the the author tried to ridicule another Romanian writer, an ex- comunist security man, who have written many books half fantasy, half reality. (Pavel Corut)
The author of the "Viitor cu cap de mort" have an anusual last name and from what I have heard, nobody really knows him... Reading it in Romanian, it is not very clean written, more like worrying books with soon happen disasterous events meant to scare people and to focus their attention on fantasy things.
I'm born and grown around 20-30 km by the Bucegi mountains and never heard of such things. These mountains are the most visited by tourists in Romania and it is very improbable that large excavations to be made and after that to be hidden in an area where people visit almost every day.
It is a well known Romania mith that under our mountains there are treasures left from our predecessors. Also, many teenagers boys go outside in the 22-23 April night (night before St George) and wait to see flames on the hills, that will indicate the treasure location.

You made a good point, if it took large scale equipment to drill down into the mountain, wouldn't someone have taken notice of it? There would have been a fairly large contigent to perform such a feat.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join