It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery (?) of the Bucegi mountains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I found an article by pure chance today - while surfing through an astrology site, no less! - and I thought it might be of interest to other people.

I am posting it here because it's the most intriguing of the Bucegi-related articles (how reliable I don't know) of all I have found so far via Google.

The Bucegi Mountains Discovery

(Most of the other articles are more or less general tourist-aimed information.)

Does anyone know more about this?
(Presumably some of our Romanian members?)

And BTW, I think it's pronounced Boo-chaygi... right?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Uh... it describes a series of fantasy novels written in ROmaina. I'll admit, I'd like to read them if they ever get translated to English, burt I don't get the mystery here. The article then goes on and uses astrology to prove the books...
I'm sorry, but it's a much to far fetched for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

LOL Is that what it was?

Serves me right for reading with one contact lens only - and at ungodly hours, to boot!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Anything about the Bucegi Mountains mountains is worth reading. People should not be so quick to dismiss the book because its fiction. Sometimes the truth is leaked in fiction. What is not fiction is the Sphinx of the Bucegi Mountains.The three faces of the Sphinx represent three races of humans. It looks Egyptian but predates the Egyptians. Fate magazine had an article about the Bucegi mountains. They also had an account of some German hikers who spent the night on the mountain. They had just built a fire when a tall man suddenly appeared walked over to their fire waved a strange wand over the fire putting it out. The mysterious man told them unclean fire was forbidden on the mountain then he walked off. I am curious about what Romanian fairy tales and myths have to say about the mountain

[edit on 15-6-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Isn't that where they uncovered that some mountain there was actually a giant pyramid, much larger even that the Great Pyramid?

EDIT to add: The pyramid I was talking about it in Bosnia. There are threads here on ATS about it. It more than twice as old as the ones in Egypt!

[edit on 6/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ok, got my interest. I had a buddy that lived in Romania... spoke romanian language (there are several, depending on the village, as he explained), Iranian (he was from Iranian family) and American english... I haven't talked to him in a long time, but if I can remember his screen name, I'll ask him about this. He may live somewhere close enough to find out more.

Very intriguing, even if it does turn out to be just fantasy fiction!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

No, that's where a fellow decided to take a backhoe to well known, though not well documented, historical sites in order to prove that he was right and everyone else was wrong.
Check the thread on ATS about it, the fellow was wrong, and variouse people said he faked some of the things he found, to keep interest in the site.

Anyway, look, from what i read of the article, it looks liek someone believing a realistic book they read. I googled it, and one person compared it to the Divinci Code, in that perople were trying to prove the veracity of a known false document. But hey, look it up, maybe i'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Uh... I don't know about that rock formation actually being considered a "Sphinx". It looks pretty much like wind eroded rock, but I'm not a geologist...so...

Here is the wikipedia link with pics that states the same: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is another pic, this one actually from a site saying it is a Sphinx: www.ici.ro...

PS - I'm sorry, I'm new and don't know how to add images and hyper-text links (also don't know how to pick-up parts of other posts, put them in a grey area and respond inside of my post). And I even watched Earthscum's link to posting, but that was geared towards starting threads.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

I have heard that before ,but I would be more interested in knowing what the folk tales ,fairy tales ,and myths have to say about the mountain. The resemblance the mountain has to a head with three faces even if it were an accident would have inspired stories.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Uh... it describes a series of fantasy novels written in ROmaina. I'll admit, I'd like to read them if they ever get translated to English, burt I don't get the mystery here. The article then goes on and uses astrology to prove the books...
I'm sorry, but it's a much to far fetched for me.

Ditto. It's a series of fantasy novels -- no basis in fact, other than the author is using a location that he likes to frame his fantasy in.

Here's a Romanian site that is supposedly about the legends of the area. I am not sure how accurate it is (the names of the gods) ... don't have time to check it out now but perhaps someone can confirm whether these are gods and the tribes mentioned were real tribes:
www.montania.ro...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Anything about the Bucegi Mountains mountains is worth reading. People should not be so quick to dismiss the book because its fiction. Sometimes the truth is leaked in fiction.

I believe you.
And I totally agree with the last part of your statement.
Indeed: "fiction" is very often the preferred vehicle for the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You guys are interested in fairy tales. What about the facts? Did u know that are strange things that happening all the time in the area and the locals don’t even like to talk about? Here is one: in 1993, for 2 weeks, in the south part of Busteni Town, peoples had insomnias, no matter of their age. Strange, they didn’t feel tired. Some locals experienced something like euphoria state. Entire town was spooked by this. There is a weird energy in those mountains.
A Romanian guy

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
@OP

Hello there, I'm Romanian and I might help you with this mystery. I did some research and found the book on the net in digital format. www.scribd.com... is the link to it. Unfortunately it is in Romanian.

I did not read it yet, but I am very curious about it, so I might come back later and describe what the author said.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: I just finished reading the first book. A great read. There are actually 3 books in total and more on the way. The content is very informative and broad.

I won't go into details now, but it covers many topics:

1. NWO
2. Illumanti, ocult sects, etc.
3. Total control over banks/media/states.
4. The desire to reduce the global population.
5. Underground bases in the Bucegy mountains, in Egypt under the Sphinx, in Mongolia, and many other places which are all inteconnected by tunnels and they go right into the center of the Earth.
6. Military technologies (USA and others) are decades ahead of our public ones that we use daily.
7. The real history of Earth (Atlantis, Lemuria, etc.)

The construction in the Bucegi mountains seems to have been constructed around 50.000 years ago by the Elohim or those 2.5-3 meters tall humanoids. What they constructed under the Sphinx, in the Bucegi mountains, etc. are Universal libraries of information about all topics: biology, physics, astrology, history, etc. These seems to have been updated up until 500 AD, then they stopped.

The information is huge, I can't really put it now here. Later maybe.

If you have any questions fell free to ask.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Pericle]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi, I'm also Romanian and by reading the book I have the imperssion that the the author tried to ridicule another Romanian writer, an ex- comunist security man, who have written many books half fantasy, half reality. (Pavel Corut)
The author of the "Viitor cu cap de mort" have an anusual last name and from what I have heard, nobody really knows him... Reading it in Romanian, it is not very clean written, more like worrying books with soon happen disasterous events meant to scare people and to focus their attention on fantasy things.
I'm born and grown around 20-30 km by the Bucegi mountains and never heard of such things. These mountains are the most visited by tourists in Romania and it is very improbable that large excavations to be made and after that to be hidden in an area where people visit almost every day.
It is a well known Romania mith that under our mountains there are treasures left from our predecessors. Also, many teenagers boys go outside in the 22-23 April night (night before St George) and wait to see flames on the hills, that will indicate the treasure location.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Again I see people that don't know what they're talking about. First of all, despite what you may have heard the Romanian Sphinx - written Sfinx in romanian - is not a natural monument that can be explained through erosion theories, etc. Unless you've been there and saw it with your own eyes, DO NOT SPEAK. More to it, the rock from which the Sfinx is made, and the surrounding nearby plateau is entirely alien to those mountains. You cannot find the same geological composition anywhere else in those mountains. I don't know about the 2003 discovery, but I can tell you that as a romanian that lived there, and for whom that area was the preferred hiking and mountain climbing area, that indeed there is something sort of beyond normal in terms of energy. You can literally feel it certain times.
Coming back to the Sfinx and romanian folklore. Indeed the romanian folklore is extremely rich and fascinating, but there is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can give you any hint about the WHO, WHY or WHEN the Sfinx was built.
So please refrain making comments unless you've been there, done that, and got the T-shirt....

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Our extraterrestrial ancestry isn't a mystery, but a fact. In this mountain there is nothing but a beautiful legend. The real story begins in the Hasmas mountain according to Pavel Corut and Ileana Stan in their novels. We aren't what we think we are. Our very distant Ancestors were not monkeys but extraterrestrial settlers who came on this planet 500 million years ago in order to create and develop a great, powerful civilization.

For more details, please read the novels written by former Romanian intelligence officers as Pavel Corut and Ileana Stan.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The human propensity to see faces in natural formations is remarkable.

Here are a few examples.

"Faces" in nature

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I see there have been new developments - posts - in this thread, that I had missed when they were posted.
Thank you for posting, all of you.
I hope all those knowledgeable about this subject keep posting their thoughts here.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I'm a Romanian user.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Check out Giants in Romania, and a scandal on TV, requests from Romanian GOV to drop the news down.

Youtube

www.youtube.com...

The male on phone says: Attention, there are delicate information. Don't talk about Bucegi..... be carefull you have familly....

Just see the video... images and stuff.

Writings like nowere on the planet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join