It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth sized object in the outer solar system?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yourrolemodel

Check out videos on Zacharia Sitchin Lowell. He's been an advocate of planet x or "Nubiru" for yonks. Lots of things posted on discloseTV.com.
good hunting. Ahmanek.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
For fans of Xena all was not lost in naming the planet "Eris".

It seems that Eris has a moon, and they named the moon "Dysnomia" which means 'Lawlessness" as in Lucy Lawless our beloved Xena!

Regarding the planet formerly known as Pluto -- we ought to call it Pluto-Charon because the two bodies rotate around each other about a central axis in the space between them rather than Charon rotating about Pluto. So long live Pluto-Charon!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

I totally agree with the possibility of such objects existing. (If they do, especially if they have unusual orbits such is the norm with objects that far out, think of what the Nibiru people are going to say about it!) Mogget, do you have any links that speak of such theories? So far all this thread has come up with is nutball websites and speculation. Neither answers why space.com would say astronomers believe such things.

Thanks apc for the heads up on Nemesis, Richard Muller and Pan Starrs. This fits the bill! Apparently, Muller and some other astronomers came up with the Nemesis theory after a couple paleontologists came up with a theory on statistical periods of extinctions. Nemesis is a theorized red or brown dwarf star orbiting the sun that causes comets to crash into the inner solar system, causing extinctions. Pan Starrs is a University of Hawaii telescope funded by the US Air Force to detect near Earth objects that threaten to cause impact events. Sounds like they are specifically looking for Nemesis. Here's a couple links:

Pan Starrs
Nemesis

Smokey101 great thinking! Check out the Nemesis link.

alienstar when I searched 12th Planet on Wiki I came up with this:

Zecharia Sitchin

I still lump him into the nutball category but I have to admit that there are some interesting similarities between his Nibiru and Nemesis.

uknow_me 72 do you have any proof of this? Just a link that states such a theory would do. Strangely enough another name for Nemesis is Death Star. I haven't seen your other posts do you have links?

alienstar TrES-4 is an extrasolar planet. It orbits another star. There are hundreds of known planets that do so. One of the more interesting ones lately is HD 189733b. They believe it is made of water. Here's a link:

Giant Water World

Pellevoison, the IAU has a proposal to recognize Pluto-Charon just like you said. Check out this image displaying the proposed new solar system:

The New Solar System

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Mogget, do you have any links that speak of such theories? So far all this thread has come up with is nutball websites and speculation. Neither answers why space.com would say astronomers believe such things.

www.kobe-u.ac.jp...

apc

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknow_me72
The meteor field between Earth and Mars was a planet.

Unlikely. There is very little mass in the asteroid belt. If I recall correctly if you clumped it all together you'd end up with a body less massive than our moon. Models predict the formation of asteroid belts as an effect of two large interacting gravity fields. In our case, the Sun and Jupiter. Because of Jupiter's gravity it would actually be impossible for a planet to form in the orbit of the asteroid belt.

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Regarding the planet formerly known as Pluto -- we ought to call it Pluto-Charon because the two bodies rotate around each other about a central axis in the space between them rather than Charon rotating about Pluto.

All bodies are like this. The Earth and the Moon rotate around a point slightly off from the center of the Earth. It's one of the ways we can detect planets around distant stars - by looking at the wobble of the star as it orbits, slightly, around its planet.

Originally posted by yourrolemodel
Thanks apc for the heads up on Nemesis, Richard Muller and Pan Starrs. This fits the bill!

Indeed I believe it makes more sense than a large planet that has somehow gone unnoticed. Such a planet would have to be very dark. If we can pick out tiny snowballs like Pluto and Eris against the black of space, a much larger planet should leap right out of the shadows. It's entirely possible such a body exists. I just see a companion dwarf star as being a more plausible explanation.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You might be referring to Nibiru.

Passes thru the solar system once every few thousand years or so.

It's approx 5 or 6 times the size of earth if my memory
serves me correctly.

Nasa recently released a statement about a new 'Dwarf Star'
that is 'growing'.

They're just trying to cover up the fact it's gonna wreak havoc on Earth.

It's actually coming closer, not growing.

and the image they released of it shows a blue-filled planet,
anyone with logic knows blue is a cool colour, meaning water in this term.
And dwarf stars don't contain water.
But gayishly (I know that's not a word, welcome to my dictionary)
it has flames on either side of it and has a tail, so the planet has now
become a comet. with the flames on either side it shows its on an
inbound rotation to the sun, it's going to skim past us and the sun(or moon)
and create an eclipse. Apparently we don't get hit, just cop the flame-filled tale.

And that wouldn't really surprise me since apparently in the end times fire is meant to rain from the heavens and such.

But anyway, off topic.

If you think it's too large to be the object you're thinking of,
my mistake.

And also sorry to anybody that might be annoyed by myself not posting evidence to back it up.

Do some digging around if you're interested, you'll find myself to be honest.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I just can't keep a straight face when someone mentions
"Planet X", something to do with Duck Dodgers.

It's even more disturbing people can't tell the difference
between Toons and Reality.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Planet X also means planet 10. X is the roman numeral for 10.
In the last book of the bible, revelation ,i think its chapter 6, it talks about in the future(not happened yet) the sun being blacked out,the moon glowing red and a third of the stars falling from the sky. What would cause this? A planet eclipsing between the earth and the sun.
there are a lot of people who laugh at a possible planet coming close to earth,craters on earth prove it has happened on a smaller scale .Maybe those that are in the know are trying to keep information secret so as to not create panic? or looking after the few. So keep looking, maybe soon we will all know the truth.mike

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LEAP STICK

As others have said, the term "Planet X" is a generic term that has been used by astronomers for many years to describe ANY theorized planet-sized object; It's NOT a term that uniquely describes the mythical "Niburu".

Pluto was known as "Planet X" before it was "discovered" (i.e., seen). Most recently, the dwarf-planets "Eris" and "Sedna" were briefly called "Planet X". It is not a cartoon term, although it's becoming that way since the Nibiru believers seemed to hijack this term as their own.

As for a planet-sized body outside the orbit of Pluto, Japanses scientists announced a few months ago that they calculate such a body DOES exist, but they have yet to find it. The calculated orbit of this new "Planet X" takes it nowhere near Earth -- and in fact it stays well outside Pluto's orbit -- so this CANNOT be the mythical "Nibiru".

Here's a link to a story on the Japanese research:
www.spacedaily.com...

I believe this was all discussed a few months ago on ATS.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You might be referring to Nibiru.

Passes thru the solar system once every few thousand years or so.

It's approx 5 or 6 times the size of earth if my memory
serves me correctly.

I think the ATS staff need to organise some kind of garbage collection service around here. They could save a huge amount of bandwidth if they removed rubbish like the above post on a weekly basis.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Agreed! Check out VIKINGANT's thread that is relevant to this one. Planet X May Lurk Far Beyond Pluto

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yourrolemodel

Check out this thread:

Solar System Dented

Wouldn't a dent in the gravitational field of the sun suggest something BIG out there? Maybe Nemesis?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join