It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth sized object in the outer solar system?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Here's the link to "Passport to Pluto" on Youtube.

Passport to Pluto

It has six parts. Does it cover anything about Earth sized objects in the outer solar system alienstar?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I used to own a pizza place. Calzones rule!

[edit on 12-6-2008 by yourrolemodel]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
They talk about the 12th planet,where it was found and when.It was found where they didnt expect to find one.It was awhile ago i watched it only once.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't be at all suprised to find allot more out there for several reasons...

Gravity anywhere there is stuff it tends to clump up, so we have a Kupier belt and we are finding clumps... we haven't even gotten to the Oort cloud yet

The next reason is... scientists estimate there could be as many as 10x the number of failed stars and jupiters and brown dwarf etc out there as stars...

so heres my reasoning... if A centauri has a kupier belt and an oort cloud (rings of debris) and we do that greatly cuts the distance bewteen stars... add to that now even One Jupiter mass or Two in the space inbetween with moons etc, etc... mini systems...

well to make this short, i'd venture a guess there is habitable/exploitable surface all the way across to A centauri...

these moons/planets are probably the tip of the ice berg

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Are you talking about the 12th planet like at the grantchronicles website? Are there any other sites that support what is said there?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Do you know of any sites that talk about gas giants or brown dwarfs that exist in our solar system but are not discovered yet? I guess I'm looking for sites with theories on such things.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourrolemodel
Do you know anything about possible Earth sized planets in the outer solar system?

Well, that depends on whether you mean from the official, scientific position or from the unofficial crazy nutball Richard Hoaxland & Zecharia Sitchin positions.

Scientifically speaking, Eris is the largest body yet discovered in the outer solar system (beyond Pluto).

Speaking as a nutball, the "12th Planet" Nibiru was supposed to have made its most recent appearance from the far reaches of the outer solar system in 2003. According to the nutballs, it was supposed to pass between the Earth and Sun and stop the Earth's rotation on its axis for a few days — which would make Nibiru a pretty damned big object, to exert that sort of gravitational influence. Logic would dictate that anything that big would also alter the orbits of Earth, Venus and Mercury in its passing. But I'm not speaking logically here.

How did that Nibiru reappearance go, anyway? I think I was on vacation and missed it.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yourrolemodel

One thing that gives some sort of credibility to the grantchronicles site is something it says that sounds like the Steady State theory.

Contemplating the origin of the 12th planet, we must examine the creation event in of this part of the universe, the Milky Way galactic sector. Billions of years ago, this area of the universe was under extreme compression due to a galactic size Black Hole, which capture most available matter. The gravitational force increased to a point where movement on the subatomic particle scale, locks down. With nowhere to expand, this energy provided the trigger initiating an event that tipped the balance of gravity and repulsion on the atomic level from compression to expansion, the Black Hole exploded, hence the Big Bang. Scientists do agree upon this general scenario, but this event was a local drama while the rest of universe went

Steady state theory, also known as Continuous Creation, maintains that the universe has always been here and that new matter is being created out of "nothing." Now at first that sounds ridiculous but what if matter is sucked into blackholes and spit out from quasars? Maybe that's what the author of the above quote was getting at. If the Big Bang was true then there should be a ground zero that is empty as all matter rushes away from it. There isn't. Matter is distributed throughout the universe suggesting many Little Bangs instead.

If the author can grasp this maybe he has something when it comes to the 12th planet. IMO he's writing sci-fi. Is there anything to prove what he says?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The nutball theory doesn't seem to hold water to me. I would have noticed the Earth standing still for three days in 2003. Unless I was on a real bender. I tend to think that the grantchronicles that alienstar posted fall into the nutball category too. I'm still reading it though and it is well thought out. Nutball none the less. Having said that, how about some real sources?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Proof positive the grantchronicles site falls into the nutball category:

. This constant cycle of repulsion and attraction takes a toll on the field as those isotopes pushed to the edge where they are torn away and depletion sets in. There is a constant need to replace the gold, hence the mining efforts throughout the solar system. The gold isotopes reflect and scatter heat and light back to the planet's surface, thus an ultimate form of energy conservation for this civilization (insight can be gained by examining Roman and Greek cultures, which was heavily influence by their culture. With their advanced scientific knowledge and doctrine of not mixing with the locals many legends on Earth were spawned all with an element of truth.). It is similar to how cloud cover retards heat loss on Earth from escaping into space. When one stands upon the surface of the 12th planet and gazes into the heavens, the beautiful vision of this off world planet he would behold, would shimmer with what seems like an infinite amount of subtle golden tinted red sparkles scattered about a faded red-pink pastel sky. What is amazing is that the heavens are still visible against the backdrop as light is scattered throughout the sky upon a soft dawn.

I believe there has been contact in the past with other alien cultures here on Earth. I can't prove that. Since I can't prove it I won't be talking about it like it's fact like this site does. Therefore, grantschronicle=nutball.

Lets remember I started this thread because of this quote from space.com:

Some astronomers speculate that at least one object as big as Earth might yet be found in the outer solar system.

I'd like to know who those astronomers are and what it is they are exactly speculating.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There is a very real possibility that an Earth sized planet orbits the Sun far beyond the Kuiper Belt. The orbits of many "scattered disk" objects (these move outside the main belt itself) have unusually high eccentricities and inclinations. The most likely reason for that is the existence of a large planetary body with an orbital inclination between 20 and 40 degrees relative to the ecliptic plane (Earth's orbit).

It's worth pointing out here that an Earth sized object in the outer Solar System would be considerably less massive than our planet. That's because it would be composed of a mixture of rock and ice, and lack a huge metallic core.

apc

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Second, I had heard rumors of a dark companion to the sun, but is there any proof?

This would be Nemesis, proposed by Richard Muller and team. I believe the existence of such a body better explains the problems with the orbits of the outer planets than another large rocky body that has so far gone undetected. If our companion star exists, it should be found within a year or two by the Pan-STARRS project in Hawaii.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I actually referred to it as Plant X because I was to lazy to look up how to spell "Nibiru." What I was wondering was does anyone have any specifics on Earth sized or larger objects that may exist past Pluto?

Well, you could trying looking past Uranus.

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
While no where near the size of Earth, Sedna is the farthest known dwarf-planet candidate in our solar system. It has an estimated orbit of 10.5 to 12 thousand years, and has a highly elliptical orbit.
Wiki: Sedna

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is a really interesting thread and had caused an idea or two to start rattling round me ole' noggin.
It may seem i am stating some obvious things here that have been mentioned by other posters, but bare with them as i am doing it to show my train of thought.

The closer you get to the Sun the greater the gravitational pull of said Sun.
Now if you go further away from the sun then there is less gravitational pull on the orbiting planets.

What if once you reach a certain distance from the Sun that the gravitational force is not enough to hold a large body in orbit, but there could be a Failed Sun at a great enough distance that could hold a large body in orbit of itself.

Now what if the orbit of one of these bodies being held by the Failed Sun brings it close enough for it to have an effect on Pluto, Neptune etc..., which is what causes the odd orbital patterns of them but not close enough for the gravitational pull of our Sun to move it from its orbit of its Failed Sun.

Expanding this further, what if by some strange circumstance that our Sun and this Failed Sun were actually once a small binary star formation and something caused them to separate at some point to the distance they are now creating a sort of not binary star but a binary solar system.
Oh perhaps it was always a binary solar system.

Another related theory is that early in the formation of our solar system our Sun and the Failed Sun once existed very close to one another and it could be that if our Sun was sgnificantly larger then the Failed Sun, that our Sun "attracted" all the useable fuel material in the area around them and the subsequent ignition of our Sun caused the Failed Sun to fly off at some distance to the point where it is now.

Alternatively the Failed Sun could be in a strange orbit of our Sun whilst being orbited by Pluto+ sized objects.

I know that there will be a lot of people whom frequent this bored who will pick massive holes in my ideas but as i said at the start they are just ideas.
And if through my ideas it causes someone more in the know to have another idea then it was worth typing.
Smokey.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

There are some sites bro but you just type in 12th planet in a google search.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yea, You don't want that thing to come our way. But it is going to. You will see it start getting bigger and bigger every year. Then it will be here. Get ready.

apc

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smokey101

Yup this would basically be the Nemesis Theory. If it exists its orbit around the sun would be something like 24 million years and it is proposed as an explanation for the mass extinctions regularly occurring at that interval. While I can't even begin to work out the math, I really tend to think our system being a binary star system better explains the discrepancies in the outer planet orbits than a large unseen planet. I do not expect to find such a planet as unless its surface were extremely matte, which I find unlikely considering it is probably covered in ice with reflectivity comparable to Pluto, we would have seen it by now.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The meteor field between Earth and Mars was a planet. It was destroyed so this thing has a place to sit. It is going to huge. It will be a sight to see but we do not want it here.

You have an Idea what I am saying....

It resembles something like this.....

time-blog.com...

If you have followed anything I have said in my last 100 post you know who it is.

Spell Check

[edit on 12-6-2008 by uknow_me72]

[edit on 12-6-2008 by uknow_me72]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I been searching like crazy for planets outside the solar system only found this called TrES-4 is a monstrous planet located 1,400 light years from Earth.I would think that a true huge planet could exist outside pluto.

www.dailytech.com...
abcnews.go.com...

By theory how far is a moon allowed to be orbiting outside its distant planet?Just makes me think what if pluto is a moon way outside its own planet.But i must be wrong.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by alienstar]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join