It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking* The Shocking Photo Of The Hindu Idol Barack Obama Carries For Good Luck

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As bizarre as this sounds, presidential Barack Obama actually carries a small idol of the Hindu God "Hanuman" with him for good luck. A picture of Obama displaying this idol and his other good luck charms has been found.

Here is the link to this incredible photo:

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is breaking too. McCain is superstitious too. Check it:

www.comedycentral.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

So what? Can you formulate some reason why this should be an issue?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

This is getting retarded. First of all I'm sure Obama didn't "make unto thee" that good luck charm, and second of all who gives a crap?!

"Shocking photo"........

Peace

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And let the mudthrowing begin...

Seriously, how many people haven't got a small token of some kind that belongs to another religion? I have a dragon guarding my bedpost even though I'm not confirmed Buddhist. I've had new age charms because what they represented sounded fun, and what not.

I think it should be any persons privilege to be allowed to carry what ever tokens one wishes to. What if a Muslim presented him with an edition of the Qu'ran, would he be a terrorist then?
If anything this shows the dirty face of Christian fanaticism from my point of view.

I hope mr. Obama steps out and tells a story about the time that this holy man gave this to him as a gift and a wish of good luck, just to shut the fanatics up.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wear a bronze coin from Constantine's era, with his visage on one side, and the god Sol on the other. What would be construed of that?

I support Constantine's alleged act of choosing the books to make up the Bible?

I secretly worship Sol?

I place a secret value on bronze as a source for channelling Roman clerics who whisper prophecy to me in Latin?

OR....

My darlin' gave it to me for my birthday, and I think it's kinda cool to wear a coin that was minted about 1700 years ago.

hmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

I had a look at the link. I think it sounds like a great lucky charm to carry around.

Would you rather he had a rabbit foot on a keychain?

The only thing "shocking" about this thread is your title.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
this was posted before

the bracelet came from a US soldier fighting in iraq and he gave it to obama

geesh

read more peopl, read

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

He has a lucky charm that is not Jesus! And he does "Terrorist fist bumps"! (so obvious everyone is interpreting that differently, as told by Fox news...).

He should renounce his mini-Hindu god! Tis not kosher! (Seriously, people whom are Jewish would not approve.)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So he's Hindu now?

They're terrorist too right?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I dunno... personally I'll be reviewing the candidates based on what their stances are regarding the issues.

Not who carries a rabbit's foot or whatever.

What does this sidetracking accomplish?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and couldn't care less. I hope it works.

I wear a cross that someone very close gave me that I wear for what it represents to me. I would hope not to be judged by it because no one really knows what it means.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

"The monkey symbolism of Lord Hanuman is related to the notion that a human being's mind is ever active and never restful, hence the depiction of a human being with the face of a monkey. Furthermore, Lord Hanuman symbolically stands for pure devotion, complete surrender and absence of ego or the lower self."

Hanuman is a nice god in Hindu mythology an religion...

So... how is this shocking?

I'd be more worried if he had an inverted cross or something..

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You left out the picture where he's doing a sacrifice to Baal of small children. He is pure evil you know.....

Hindu, Islam, so what...........he's just a liar and a marxist. McCain is decended from Able's brother..its in his name..........

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

or a skull and bones ring.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
only cause some of you are too lazy to look

A recent photo posted on Time's White House Photo of the Day collection shows the first ever Black-American nominee of a major US party for the Presidential elections carries with him a bracelet belonging to an American soldier deployed in Iraq, a gambler's lucky chit, a tiny monkey god and tiny Madonna and child.
That "tiny monkey god," of course, appears to be a statue of the Hindu monkey god, Hanuman, says the posting but editors and the photographer has not identified it as such.

It apparently wasn't his to start with, but belongs to a soldier in Iraq.

Nothing to this story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this post is from elevatedone

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Okay, the man has a bunch of trinkets in his pocket. So what?

Perhaps, Obama should be commended for keeping heart-felt tokens of appreciation from average American citizens on his person. A personal reminder of the people he is striving to serve and represent.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A Hanuman token is pretty tame. If he starts carrying a token of Kali, then I'll worry.

Besides, monkeys are cool. Who doesn't like monkeys?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
He wouldn't be the first president with lucky charms or other superstitions. Ronald Reagan even had a psychic.

Look up Joan Quigley sometime. She wrote a book called, "What does Joan Say", as she claims that President Reagan said this often, when asked for decisions to be made.

www.time.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Please, dear Lord. PLEASE, someone assure me that we don't have this kind of nonsense to look forward to at ATS form here on out!

I understand this is 'of interest' to some, but I hate personality cults AND anti-personality cults equally. And this, well, this is just too much!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join