It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel's Review of "Passion of Christ"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

Please explain how the church and bible contradict itself?

Do you even attend church? How simplisticly the mass was stated. Each mass has lines of the scripture read and each sunday there is a teaching and each person leaves mass with a new teaching of how to be a better person or do the right thing.

It is not just....

"a 15 minute feel good session", " a little singing", and "a bread and wine comsuming ritual"!

later,

Reason

I'm real tired but I will adress this one.
Please explain how the church and bible contradict itself?

1) Last time I attended church I saw a big giant crucifix at the head of the alter with a supposed rendition of Jesus on it (Idol). Then, later on, I saw people kneeling to the cross in their pews.

2) Then, I saw all these statues and pictures of the Virgin Mary (idols and images) putin places of worship and greatness in that church.

Enough for you? Now, back to the church. So, the priest reads a few lines of scripture and says some feel good speech. Does ANYONE learn scripture from this? How can you learn anything if you can't ask questions? HOw does this one scripture relate to another? Who are these characters in the Bible? Can you ask a question of a priest in church? No, they gotta get with the program thats in your pamphlet on your lap.

its a big ritual.

I'd rather sit and speak with a small group of like-minded and speak about the Bible AND LEARN than go to Church just to walk out thinking that I am "holier" than other people b/c I sat in a building for about an hour or so in my nice suit.

Later,

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I agree with you whole heartedly. You can learn more from quiet meditation and reading the bible than you can from most church services. I have found some good ones, but for the most part, they stay out of the bible for most of their sermons.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by Brittany
thats what colonel is all about. race. he and al shrpton. people like colonel give politics a bad name.

I like you Ivan. You're like the crazy homeless man that runs into the restuarant, flailing his arms,and just starts screaming for no reason,"The COLONEL IS THE ALIEN, RUFTUSHA!!"

Then, runs right out.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I agree with you whole heartedly. You can learn more from quiet meditation and reading the bible than you can from most church services. I have found some good ones, but for the most part, they stay out of the bible for most of their sermons.

I can't understand why people can't see that as idol worship in the church. If you try to tell them, they say that it "reminds" them of the Lord. its still unlawful.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Colonel, you crack me up. Sure, some people might gather more of a spiritual enlightening from reading the bible or meditating in their own right instead of attending a service; however, wouldn't you agree there will be persons who take the scriptures "too" literally. Because according to some passages in the bible, polygamy is acceptable and homosexuality is an abomination.

Side note, I saw the "Passion" and I was moved due to the underlying theme of forgiveness.
I can see your point on how the main character resembles Cesare, but in my opinion, so does Mona Lisa.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Polygamy is not acceptable, and a study of Mosaic Law would tell you that, but I am not here to teach you.

If people can learn from church, great, I am all for it, but I deny the gold and silk bought from tithing.

tithing is giving money to god, yet the Catholic church uses it to glorify God?

That makes no sense being that the point is to amass riches in heaven and not on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join