Colonel's Review of "Passion of Christ"

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I just saw the movie and I don't know what to say. Jesus is going ot be very angry upon his return and judgment will be dealt severely. I was watching it and I was reminded of "Lord of the Rings!" To me, it just didn't make any sense.

Then, I began to picture it in accurate terms. The Romans were the same (Edomites, sons of Esau, white guys), Jesus was black as it was in the Bible, the Jews were black as it was in the Bible, the Pharissees were guys like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.....

and then it made sense.




posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You didn't seem to post too much of a review... mostly just about racial aspects... hmmm ok...
*edit* but I do agree with you that jesus will be angry

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Brittany]



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I also agree that jesus is angry about this sin of a movie



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Jesus was black as it was in the Bible, the Jews were black as it was in the Bible, the Pharissees were guys like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.....



when you gonna shut the f up about your black jesus already!

whoever believes you that jesus was black is a complete moron like yourself



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah I was quite confused about who exactly it was who was killing him. I don't, however, agree that Jesus was black. I believe he was a kind of olive skinned jewish looking male. Thats all.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Because I wanted to put in in my blog but I couldn't get into it.

In any event, I was disturbed by it. It was very powerful magic.

As a movie on movie-terms, it was incredible. It was VERY good. It was moving. I wanted to cry but didn't. Why?

Because it was powerful magic. The Jews weren't white at that time; they were black---not anti-semeitic hooked nosed money grubbing Jews as portrayed in the film. The guy playing Christ is really the visage of Cesare Borgia, an evil man. The movie wasn't accurate.

Knowing this and watcvhing the movie, I remembered God's admonition on images and icons---and now we have images that speak and "represent" a false Christ with the Pope saying "It is as it was." Like that is the word of God.

And I fought back the tears because I knew this was powerful magic with the thought, This is an IMAGE, fobidden by God, an image that speaks! THIS is an actor playing Cesare Borgia, an evil man, playing Christ!

I shed no tears in the film, even tho it was moving

Then, there was the orgy of brutality and blood and torn flesh. Horror movies couldn't compare because they last for a brief seconds or 5 minutes tops. THIS WAS ABOUT AN HOUR OF NON-STOP BRUTALITY. Literally, I was just about to walk out at the beginning of the scourge.

Now, I herar the saying,"That's how it was. Get the message" Well, for me, if you're personifying the Son of God with the wrong race, just show the the gore and inhumanity, show fantasy scenes that NEVER happened (like the part with the crow) and drop tiny tidbits about the message---which is what happened, then I wonder about the motives.

Overall, as a movie, it was great but then Satan is the best liar.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Colonel]



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't think Jesus was black.
The bible says he was white.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't think Jesus was black.
The bible says he was white.


Come again? Where in the Bible does it say he was white?



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't think Jesus was black.
The bible says he was white.


You're lying.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't think Jesus was black.
The bible says he was white.


Oh great. Here comes another one of Colonels rants about biblical racism. I hope you're happy.

[Edited on 3/3/04 by NotTooHappy]



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Oh great. Here comes another one of Colonels rants about biblical racism. I hope you happy.


No, I don't have a rant today. This movie was really disturbing---powerful magic. The image actually speaks---with feeling.

I feel like that episode in the old Star Trek wheere the entire crew of the Enterprise committed mutiny b/c of that drug spore but for Kirk and he was left on the ship by himself and resisted.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

No, I don't have a rant today. This movie was really disturbing---powerful magic. The image actually speaks---with feeling.

I feel like that episode in the old Star Trek wheere the entire crew of the Enterprise committed mutiny b/c of that drug spore but for Kirk and he was left on the ship by himself and resisted.


Well, thanks for putting it in terms a dork like me can understand.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I mean, an HOUR of rending flesh from the body. What is that? Not just slice but "THUNK"a chunk of flesh is gone.

Am I the only one that sees the wrongness of this film?



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Again, who cares whether Jesus was black, white, brown, green, blue, yellow, orange, red, etc... I thought it was his message that was important. Apparently, no one seems to be able to take his message to heart. I think Jesus appears in any form you want him too, just like God.



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The movie was made to make people submit into becoming a Catholic - through fear. That is how the Catholic church has always worked, right? Same with most other religions.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I mean, an HOUR of rending flesh from the body. What is that? Not just slice but "THUNK"a chunk of flesh is gone.

Am I the only one that sees the wrongness of this film?


Well, in the Bible were they throwing marhmellows and hitting him with loaves of french bread? No, they were beating the crap outta him. I think Mel was trying to depict the suffering that Jesus went through in a realistic, albiet gruesome, manner. He suffered and was killed for the sins of man, or something. Did you want it to be presented like a trip to a day spa?

Just voicing my opinion Colonel. No offence intended. I'm actually an athiest anyways.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Again, who cares whether Jesus was black, white, brown, green, blue, yellow, orange, red, etc... I thought it was his message that was important. Apparently, no one seems to be able to take his message to heart. I think Jesus appears in any form you want him too, just like God.


Um, I have explained why its important. The bad guy wants you to feel that its not important---just listen to the message---peace and love, right? Like the sixties. Thise guys in the sixties are in power now. How much peace and love do we have?

Furthermore, I will prove to you why its important in scripture and why this movie is dangerous:

Paul warned the Church of Corinth not to be tricked nor have their minds corrupted with LIES, from the simplicity in Christ - because His word is easy to understand. He continues to explain that if anyone comes preaching "another Jesus" or "another spirit" or "another gospel" which has never been taught by any of God's servants, they are to "bear with them" by correcting them in the Scriptures.

2 Corinthians 11:3: "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

Now. let's discuss the temple of God...

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
(Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 3 In context: 1 Corinthians 3:15-17)


1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
(Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 3 In context: 1 Corinthians 3:16-18)


1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
(Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 6 In context: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

So, the temple of God is YOU. YOUR body, YOUR mind.

Now, onto Jesus' race and this false christ we see today, to dismiss his race is to...

2 Thessalonians 2
1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[1] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

YOUR MIND!

The picture that you imagine in your mind of Jesus Christ (which is in the movie) is Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander the VI.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Again, who cares whether Jesus was black, white, brown, green, blue, yellow, orange, red, etc... I thought it was his message that was important. Apparently, no one seems to be able to take his message to heart. I think Jesus appears in any form you want him too, just like God.


That has nothing to do with the fact that we have all been lied to by the very people that are supposed to be spreading the actual truth about jesus and what he stood for...IMO what this movie portrays has absolutly nothing to do with what jesus wanted us to remember first and foremost..

nothing about this movie gives people faith nor a feeling of happiness...its just simply made to scare people by its intense violence...



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Well, in the Bible were they throwing marhmellows and hitting him with loaves of french bread? No, they were beating the crap outta him. I think Mel was trying to depict the suffering that Jesus went through in a realistic, albiet gruesome, manner. He suffered and was killed for the sins of man, or something. Did you want it to be presented like a trip to a day spa?

Just voicing my opinion Colonel. No offence intended. I'm actually an athiest anyways.


I can understand that but did you see it? How much of his words in the Gospel were spoken? Not many.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
That has nothing to do with the fact that we have all been lied to by the very people that are supposed to be spreading the actual truth about jesus and what he stood for...IMO what this movie portrays has absolutly nothing to do with what jesus wanted us to remember first and foremost..

nothing about this movie gives people faith nor a feeling of happiness...its just simply made to scare people by its intense violence...


Yes! And if Satan cannot destroy Jesus, maybe he can erase him from the mind's of men with a NEW image, his image.

Does ANYONE get it????





new topics
top topics
 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join