learn more

Colonel's Review of "Passion of Christ"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

I can understand that but did you see it? How much of his words in the Gospel were spoken? Not many.

Yeah but, were his words from the Bible the only ones he spoke? Plus, the movie was only his last 12 hours.

[Edited on 3/4/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

I can understand that but did you see it? How much of his words in the Gospel were spoken? Not many.

Yeah but, were his words from the Bible the only ones he spoke? Plus, the movie was only his last 12 hours.

[Edited on 3/4/04 by NotTooHappy]

There were flashbacks into his life. They could done without so much carnage and made more flashbacks.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

There were flashbacks into his life. They could done without so much carnage and made more flashbacks.

Yeah, you're right. I thought the main purpose of the film was to portrat his suffering though.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If ANY man suffered like that...and men have, the only difference is that they were not the Son of God...we would feel compassion. So, now, we muyst go back to the "image." You felt for the image, didn't you? You were hurt by the cruelty to the image, weren't you. You loved the image for what he did, didn't you?

You loved Cesare Borgia, right?

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

If ANY man suffered like that...and men have, the only difference is that they were not the Son of God...we would feel compassion. So, now, we muyst go back to the "image."

To put a face on the situation. Some times an image makes things seem more real than reading a book.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Colonel, the reason why I say it's not important to know what race Jesus is is because he was never supposed to be portrayed visually. He was supposed to be portrayed through our cognitive thoughts, we aren't supposed to show what we "think" he looked like. Though, I know what you're saying Colonel - people have to "see" the person who is giving their word - the real person, and not the imaginary one. Even then, we still would not portray him accurately, simply because we don't know how he looked physically, descriptions are really kind of useless. He may have been dark skinned but that doesn't mean manipulation can't be done through that either. If he had been portrayed as a dark skinned person in Meowl (spelt like that purposely) Gibson's film, it probably would have caused even more of this fake "controversy" and people still would have been just as manipulated (if you let it manipulate you) as they are now. I've been to many countries and have seen Jesus in many forms. I've seen Jesus portrayed in a very Asian appearance, an African appearance, a Hispanic look, and many others. It won't make one difference if he is globally portrayed as being dark skinned - like he should be.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I cant believe some people still allow Colonel to bait them into one of his threads.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
why I say it's not important to know what race Jesus is is because he was never supposed to be portrayed visually. He was supposed to be portrayed through our cognitive thoughts, we aren't supposed to show what we "think" he looked like.

If jesus didnt want us to portay him then why do churchs have jesus on a cross...or pictures in the stain glass ect ect...

that fact is that jesus is being portrayed falsly and its a lie..thus thats were the problem with the whole "what color was jesus" thing came from

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That's why we shouldn't portray him at all. Obviously.
People manipulate anything for their own agenda. He shouldn't be portrayed visually at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
I cant believe some people still allow Colonel to bait them into one of his threads.

People respond for the same reason you decided to reply

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Churches have Jesus portrayed on a cross, in pictures, visually, etc... for manipulation purposes. Did Jesus ever actually say to show him visually to every one? Did he say, "show me nailed to this cross so that everyone will remember me only this way," I don't really think so. It's better to remember someone in the mind and imagine what they looked like than it is to portray them visually in a false light. Again, even if he is portrayed as dark skinned, he still won't be portrayed in a true light because humans are flawed and flawed beings can't make accurate representations of someone who is divine.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Amazing that a powerful movie, completely accurate to scripture, didn't work for you, all because of skin tone....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think Jesus is happy about this movie because it will make people realize how hard was he tortured for our sins.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The Catholic faith & it's Protestant off shoots are all predicated on what started out as a cult.
The Creator needed to manifest a human form, and then have that form killed by his creations, all in order for us to be "saved"?
Deconstruct the fairy tale....it doesn't make much sense.
A book of didactic stories written by men for the control of man should also be looked at in it's proper context.

as for the pigmentation of Jesus - being that the North African countries of the day were powerhouses of that mercantile world, and that Bedouin peoples indigenous to the region share the same charateristics, it can be debated as to dark tan-olive-or black. But white is not an option.
Remember, the book & images used today are the product of Dark Ages conservatism.
why people don't find strength in their personal relationship with God instead of some past century's marketing campaign version, is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Churches have Jesus portrayed on a cross, in pictures, visually, etc... for manipulation purposes. Did Jesus ever actually say to show him visually to every one? Did he say, "show me nailed to this cross so that everyone will remember me only this way," I don't really think so. It's better to remember someone in the mind and imagine what they looked like than it is to portray them visually in a false light. Again, even if he is portrayed as dark skinned, he still won't be portrayed in a true light because humans are flawed and flawed beings can't make accurate representations of someone who is divine.

This is what the Lord said about images and crosses with Jesus on it in prophecy:

Jeremiah 10

God and Idols

1 Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel. 2 This is what the LORD says:

"Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.
5 Like a scarecrow in a melon patch,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good."

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't think Jesus was black.
The bible says he was white.

People still trust this book, this book that has been changed to fit agendas for the last 2000 years. It was made to fit an agenda.:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You people should agree to disagree, how many time are you going to argue over this samething?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
You people should agree to disagree, how many time are you going to argue over this samething?

Because I want people to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and wake up.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You cant help people, that dont want to help there self.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't think Jesus was black.
The bible says he was white.

LOL Says he was white. At least we agree on one thing Colonel. This guy is a jack ass.

Let me ask you this, If in your opinion the Racial features to what you believe were correct.

Would it be a movie you would want all people to see , So people start to realize the pain Jesus went through for us? And if it does bring people back to GOD , not caring about race. Meaning if people see this and Only see the pain jesus went through for us and that is all they take from this do you think this is good?

I mean for me that what I would get from this, knowing or should I say beleiving that 1) jesus wasnt of euro skin nor were the jews of the time.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join