It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come the Black Haters?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I would like to thank you for coming to this thread to demonstrate the points raised in my OP.

Actually he didn't. He is expressing blatant racism. What you said was that people who were posting against liberalism were closet 'black haters'. This guy isn't in the closet.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

So, if I don't care for Far Left Politics, I'm a Racist?

Gools! Your a "Super Moderator", so why the transparent false logic?

I won't vote for Obama. I am White. My daughter however is half White and half Black, just like Obama. Her Mother is Black. You do the math. For shame

Yes we have a problem. It has improved dramatically over the last few decades. One of the major problems now is this insistence on labeling all Whites as Racist by some people

Two of our three top dogs in politics include a Woman and a Black Man. Give credit where credit is due. I won't mention the 400,000 Whites who paid the ultimate price to free the Slaves, only to be forgotten by history and the people they freed. I won't mention this generation is being held accountable for the actions of people many generations ago. Intellectual Dishonesty does not even begin to describe that.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Back on topic, if a mod on ATS is interpreting "innocent" posts as being made by closet racists to "egg" people on, then maybe it's time to change to motto of ATS.

I CLEARLY STATED IN MY OPENING POST THAT I WAS POSTING AS A MEMBER NOT AS STAFF

Please stop reading things into my post that do not reflect what was posted!

I'm a member who happens to be a mod. Reading into that, that I'm speaking for the staff in any way on this matter is a huge MISTAKE on your part.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I honestly don't think it's "ignorant" on my part to point out that racism exists in the US and will be the focus for some people (including on ATS) nor is that "psychological analysis" and that this could lead to tensions and problems on ATS. I guess I worded it "wrong" for certain sensitive types.

If you want to start discussing racism in terms of the U.S. Presidential election, you might want to begin by discussing the reason why 91% of black voters in N. Carolina voted for Obama over Clinton even though their positions on issues are almost identical.

Or why, in the context above, did the Obama campaign label Geraldine Ferraro a racist simply because she stated the obvious -that Obama wouldn't have gotten the votes he did if he wasn't black.

In terms of the posters on ATS, there have been FAR more accused of being racist just for being anti-Obama. Why not comment on that instead of adding to the problem?

If being a racist is a bad thing, then wouldn't wrongly accusing others of being racists be just as bad, if not worse? It's worse because not only does it hurt the person being wrongfully accused, but it also dilutes the incidents of actual racism.

Finally, trying to blame others for being over-sensitive for your offensive comments is lame, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Again you are focusing on that one line in my OP.

He clearly demonstrated my point for me. You can parse it any way you want but that is a fact. Case closed IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread Gools...

I too have seen this happening recently on ATS. I do not mind the comments coming from more seasoned members who are debating political differences. But I do get ticked off by new members who have just recently joined... and they immediately play the "race issues" card. Are they only here to start trouble, or to give the impression that ATS is a bunch of racists?

Of all the battles I have been through on ATS... this "racism issue" is the first time I have considered leaving ATS due to it's content. I do not want to be associated with a site where the members allow this type of content to go by unchallenged. At the same time I understand that the more attention you give them... the worse it gets.

For ATS it is all good. More new members posting makes the sites numbers look good. But do we really want to be known for this issue? The members here understand and abide by the T&C that states we do not discuss the recreational use of illegal drugs because the Owners do not want search engines spitting out search results that identify ATS with illegal drugs. I think racism and assassination threads are FAR more damaging to ATS's digital ego than marijuana is.

I am sure that whatever becomes of this issue... Mgm't, Mods and Members will see it through, and will somehow find the high road that more accurately expresses what ATS represents to the Online Community.

Once again thank you for this thread... s&f

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think obama is the ultimate glam boy for both blacks and whites. He has the looks of a black man with the tongue of a white man. He has the best of both worlds.

I wanna see him in the white house, OOPS, is white house racist.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm a member who happens to be a mod. Reading into that, that I'm speaking for the staff in any way on this matter is a huge MISTAKE on your part.

Ok, fine.

It's perfectly believable that your position as a mod who must police racism in on ATS in no way has anything to do with your post as a "member."

So at what point do you remove your member hat and put on the "moderator" hat to delete an "innocent" post that you deemed was really posted by a racist with the intent to "egg on" other members?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ok, fine.

It's perfectly believable that your position as a mod who must police racism in on ATS in no way has anything to do with your post as a "member."

So at what point do you remove your member hat and put on the "moderator" hat to delete an "innocent" post that you deemed was really posted by a racist with the intent to "egg on" other members?

He doesn't. It's our policy that we don't moderate threads we are participating in, or authored. Another mod would look "police" the thread in question, like I am here. Is that not fair?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I dont think people will " hate " him...I do believe people who have common sense will realize just how full of poo he is.Who cares about the race of a candidate,what matters is the fact he's a liar.Then again, HE IS a lawyer.What a piss poor selection we have this year.God knows the rest of the world just laughs at us.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

All of the staff here at ATS were members and continue to be members. Without such a perk it is unlikely any of the all voulenteer staff would stay in such a position.

Please take the time to review the following thread:

Mod Note: Moderators Are People Too – Please Review This Link.

One of the benifits of ATS is our collective mindset and the ability to look at a topic and move beyond conventional in the box thinking. Conservatives, liberals, skpetics, beleivers, truthers, et al. all bring something unique to the debate. The staff here at ATS was chosen from the membership and reflect the exact diversity we see here on the board as a whole.

We do not moderate in threads that we are participating in as members. Its really that simple. Also, if you feel that a moderator took action in error etc. you can always file a complaint that allows the staff as a whole (including Admin and Site Owners) to review the issue at hand.

Instead of focusing on a members staff status, why not get back to the debate at hand and debate the issues that were expressed in the OP.

Cheers
FredT

[edit on 6/9/08 by FredT]

[edit on 6/9/08 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
of course there's an element of the american population that won't vote for obama because he's black, there's no point in denying it, and naturally enough, that proportion will be reflected on ATS, on the other hand there's a chunk of the population who will vote for him because he's black, you can't deny that either, and they'll show up on ATS too. both will be equally wrong, but they should cancel each other out in the election and i guess the staff will just have to keep a close eye on the boards, if it becomes a big problem, i've no doubt that more staff can be recruited to help.

i really can't see race in its simplest form being a big issue in the thing however race has become an issue in the election because of obamas links to a racist organisation. there are questions there so i'm not sure that anyone should be going gung ho for what they see as veiled racism, it's too subjective.

it is interesting to me as an outside observer that the first black candidate in a presidential election is labelled racist though, a touch of irony never goes astray.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have personally noticed an uptick in what I would call "black haters" or racists coming to post on ATS. Some have been outright haters but others are trying to be more subtle by asking "innocent" questions and egging on a heated debate.

This paragraph exposes both the fallacy and the danger of your OP. In the first place, what you've "noticed" is at best anecdotal "evidence" that is apparently now a "fact" for you. That is the fallacy.

The danger is that you have just laid the groundwork with your statement of, "but others are trying to be more subtle by asking "innocent" questions and egging on a heated debate" for anyone that opposes Obama here on ATS to be labeled a racist. Quite the slippery slope, don't you think?

Could it be that it is actually you that is being the "subtle" one that is trying to choke off (in advance) debate and/or criticsm of Obama and his policies?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
He doesn't. It's our policy that we don't moderate threads we are participating in, or authored. Another mod would look "police" the thread in question, like I am here. Is that not fair?

The point is that the OP is admitting that he has concluded members of ATS are racists based on no evidence. That's not only unfair, it's wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by romantic_insomniac
reply to post by Gools

I dont think people will " hate " him...I do believe people who have common sense will realize just how full of # he is.Who cares about the race of a candidate,what matters is the fact he's a liar.Then again, HE IS a lawyer.What a piss poor selection we have this year.God knows the rest of the world just laughs at us.

There are many people out there like you who are colorblind when it comes to a candidate's ethnic background. The problem is that there seem to be far more people who are threatened by his race and culture.

The problem is that nowadays, in our society racist perception is viewed as an extreme negative so they wrap their prejudices around other arguments about Obama's character, "friends" and the like. The people who are not racist then feel like they are being accused if racism is brought up as a motivation. It may not be true for them but for the next poster in the thread. The problem is there is virtually no way to differentiate between a racist and someone who just dislikes the guy.

That fact, still makes discussion of racism on this forum no less valid.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So...

One of the presidential candidates in the upcoming US presidential elections is "black" (despite the fact he's half white).

So, does that make Obama a GREY?

Now that would be a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When will you people learn?

If you are a white American and you disagree in any way with our new lord and savior Barack Obama then you are by default a racist, ignorant, poorly educated, emotionally stunted, under developed lowlife who chews tobacco and drowns puppies and burns black churches to the ground
For shame.

This race card has been and will continue to be beaten to death over and over again until election day, and if "you know who" doesnt win then I have a feeling Mr. Ghools will see what true racism is when the race riots begin.

If Obama wins we are screwed, and if he loses we are screwed. Quite a scenario to look forward to. Good thing we have the international community standing in pious judgment to keep us all entertained.

Question though. Who was the last elected Canadian leader of African descent? How about British? Aussie? This is not a loaded question, I would genuinely like to know the answer, although Im pretty sure I already do.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First of all the War Between the States was not about slavery, but about a state's right to secede from the Union.
Now back on topic:
I would love to see Sen. McCain pick Condi Rice for VP. She is an intellectual and also is doing a thankless job of being Secretary of State. It would also put an end to the people who say if you don't vote for Sen. Obama you are a racist.
Also, our country is not any better or worse than any other country when it comes to race problems. I can start from the Irish/English problems to the Shiite/Sunni problems and work from there to find all kinds of hatred in other countries.
My two cents worth.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

" If Obama wins we are screwed, and if he loses we are screwed. "

................................too true.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I don't care that he's black. I don't like his policies.. especially in regards to the military..

But if he does get elected..

And I hear one damn thing about him pushing reparations bills........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join