It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come the Black Haters?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by FlyersFan
With all due respect - you are projecting.

With all due respect - keep you dime store psychological analysis to yourself. You don't know me. I assure you I don't fit into one of you little pigeon holes of political classification.

Interesting.

1 - YOU ASKED if you were wrong. I answered the question.
If you don't want an answer .. then don't freak'n ask.

2 - My 'dime store psychological analysis' is spot on. And I will NOT keep it to myself because YOU ASKED for an answer AND this is a chat forum with free speech.

3 - You said = 'you don't know me' .. well guess what buddy .. YOU don't know me either. And more importantly YOU don't know anyone who is posting here. For you to sit there and say that people here are really racist and that they are hiding it behind pretending to hate liberals is pathetic.

You should take your own advice - keep your dime store psychological analysis to yourself. :shk:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

In fact, they can disguise themselves as "liberal haters" when really what they object to is a "black" candidate.

Looks to me like that line is gonna give everyone with an axe to grind something to focus on. Let me just explain that I was "thinking out loud".

I'm NOT taking it upon myself to assume that everyone who is not a supporter of a certain American political party is a racist. That's just stupid, but you cannot deny that those who are racist will be coming out of the woodwork. Denying they even exist is just not credible.

As usual, it's difficult to get a point across online without people reading all kinds s of things into it.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Really?

In that case since this is an international board started by a Brit maybe we should prohibit all discussion of US politics?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I've been to the US plenty of times and have friends who live there. One of my best friend lives in the Detroit area.

I know of what I speak and denial is not just a river in Egypt.

No, you don't know about what you speak or you wouldn't have made such an ignorant conclusion. The VAST majority of people in the U.S. are not racists. Millions and millions of people of every nationality imaginable live in integrated cities peacefully and without incident every day in America. America has been the leader defeating racism, not perpetuating it.

You claim I missed your point, but I think your entire post was completely pointless, unless of course your point was to portray Americans who aren't in love with Obama as racists.

Or that if Obama wins it means the U.S. is now enlightened, and if he loses it means the U.S. racists won?

Seriously, what was the point of your post? You accuse others of "egging" on people and you start a thread entitled "Here Come the Black Haters?"

This was quite hypocritical, and a lapse in good judgment if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My questions were:

...do I have reason to worry?

Am I wrong in thinking that... "the black haters are coming"... "the black haters are coming"... ?

Will my beloved ATS be a victim in this US election cycle?

I take it your answers are "NO", "YES" and "NO".

Am I right?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If you don't want an answer .. then don't freak'n ask... And I will NOT keep it to myself because YOU ASKED for an answer...well guess what buddy .. YOU don't know me either. And more importantly YOU don't know anyone who is posting here.

WOW! I thought Flyers Fans were only tough during the playoffs! Glad I wasn't at the arena in Philly when the Pens won!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Seriously, what was the point of your post?

Thank you for admitting that you totally missed it.

... a lapse in good judgment if you ask me.

Maybe, but I'm only human (despite rumours to the contrary)

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

With all due respect - keep you dime store psychological analysis to yourself.

You don't know me. I assure you I don't fit into one of you little pigeon holes of political classification.

My post is about a certain type of poster who is showing up on ATS lately.

With all due respect, it seems the entire basis of your post is based on dime store psychological analysis of people you don't know. Not to mention that it also pigeon holes "certain types" of ATS posters.... you know, the ones that cleverly hide their racism behind innocent posts and "liberal hating."

"certain types of poster"???

There goes the neighborhood...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Looks to me like that line is gonna give everyone with an axe to grind something to focus on.

an axe to grind, eh?

I take it your answers are "NO", "YES" and "NO". Am I right?

On those ... yes.

Originally posted by passenger
I thought Flyers Fans were only tough during the playoffs!!

I'm Irish. I'm from Philadephia. It's a deadly combination ...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I take it your answers are "NO", "YES" and "NO". Am I right?

On those ... yes.

Newsflash... there were no others.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Well maybe you should then. But, for you to sit and talk about what goes on in American when you live in Canada is insane. You have no idea what it is like to live in america. And by the way do you have to even deal with African Americans since Canada is predominantly white. I would be surprised if there was even one that went to your highschool or college. When you have to deal with there constant complaining and violence then you can make a just opinion. 44 percent of prisoners in the US prison system are black males. While the white male only takes up 23 percent. That figure right there should tell you something. African Americans constantly give people a reason to dislike them. At some point in every race in the world their ancestors were slaves. Do you see us complaining about it. Get Real.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I find this video interesting . . . and a bit scary.

In the mans own words....

msunderestimated.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I notice that there are ppl who hate ppl who they hold the belief in that they will vote for Obama just because he is black.

They be white and they be black who hold that kind of hate over who they believe are for Obama because he is black only.

And few of them will vote for Obama, but still hold hate for any who would vote in Obama just because he is black.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Newsflash... there were no others.

Newsflash .. you made other points ..

(that's what I was referring to - and they were wrong
)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

With all due respect, it seems the entire basis of your post is based on dime store psychological analysis of people you don't know.

No, it's based on observations of what is happening on ATS with an example in my second post. As I pointed out on page two (above), that one line in my post has become the focus rather than the point I was trying to make.

I honestly don't think it's "ignorant" on my part to point out that racism exists in the US and will be the focus for some people (including on ATS) nor is that "psychological analysis" and that this could lead to tensions and problems on ATS. I guess I worded it "wrong" for certain sensitive types.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
reply to post by Gools

Well maybe you should then. But, for you to sit and talk about what goes on in American when you live in Canada is insane. You have no idea what it is like to live in america. And by the way do you have to even deal with African Americans since Canada is predominantly white. I would be surprised if there was even one that went to your highschool or college. When you have to deal with there constant complaining and violence then you can make a just opinion. 44 percent of prisoners in the US prison system are black males. While the white male only takes up 23 percent. That figure right there should tell you something. African Americans constantly give people a reason to dislike them. At some point in every race in the world their ancestors were slaves. Do you see us complaining about it. Get Real.

Isnt the ppl who did the most killing and enslaving in the world not black?
Isnt the ppl who started the most wars, if not all, not black?

You giving blacks way too much credit for bad things when it has been the opposite.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'm Irish. I'm from Philadephia. It's a deadly combination ...

I'm 1/2 Irish and from Pittsburgh. Not quite as deadly, as being Irish and being from Philly of course. Of course it would be fun to watch what would have happened if somebody would have stood up in the middle of a Flyers/Pens game and threw out some insults about Americans.

Actually, there's far more "racism" between Flyers and Pens fans, or Steelers and Browns fans, than there is between black and white. Or put another way, if a Pens fan would start a fight with a Flyers fan, it wouldn't matter if he was black or white. The Flyers fans would kick his ass!

Back on topic, if a mod on ATS is interpreting "innocent" posts as being made by closet racists to "egg" people on, then maybe it's time to change to motto of ATS.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I honestly don't think it's "ignorant" on my part to point out that racism exists in the US and will be the focus for some people (including on ATS)

That's not even close to what you said in the OP.
You are trying to change the perception of what you said.
(kinda like Obama does when he gets in a pickle
)

I guess I worded it "wrong" for certain sensitive types.

No buddy ... not for 'certain sensitive types' .. not for 'those with an axe to grind' ... it was just plain WRONG.

BTW - for you to say these things - 'certain sensitive types' and 'those with an axe to grind' .. that's classic passive/aggressive posting.

You got all upset and said that what I outted you for projection I should 'keep my dime store psychology to myself' ... But thats exactly what you are doing here - (and I wasn't). You are projecting upon people that they must be racist if they don't like Obama.

[edit on 6/9/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
But, for you to sit and talk about what goes on in American when you live in Canada is insane.

Now there is the height of hypocrisy.

Seriously! This line should be in the dictionary under the definition of Hypocrisy.

So an an American you ONLY focus on what goes on within your borders and NEVER talk or offer your opinion on anything outside the US. Right?

By your logic America has NO BUSINESS in any international forum, no troops outside your country and no right to even discuss what goes on in the Middle East. Right? Like I said... the DEFINITION of hypocrisy!!

...do you have to even deal with African Americans since Canada is predominantly white. I would be surprised if there was even one that went to your highschool or college.
Definition of ignorance right there.

Seriously, when you are in a hole and want to get out, the first thing to do is stop digging. As for the rest of your ignorant post, it does not merrit comment. Except...

African Americans constantly give people a reason to dislike them.
Wow... :shk:

I would like to thank you for coming to this thread to demonstrate the points raised in my OP.

I feel you made them better than I could have ever described them.

I hope everyone now understands what I am talking about.

Seriously.
Thank you!

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
msunderestimated.com...

That's kinda off topic here Desert Dawg .. but for what it's worth .. yes it's frightening and it'll put a huge number of people out of work (us included) not to mention it will seriously put America at risk.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join