It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBama Nation: 1.7 Trillon required for Universal Healthcare AND Global Poverty Act

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Ref: The constitution.

How many years ago was that? Move on, dont live in the past. We are now in a totally different world.

Maybe you believe that, but many of us don’t. Some of us still believe that “We hold these truths to be self-evident…” Many of us believe that the ideas of Liberty and Justice are still relevant. And we still believe that when “Government becomes destructive” we have a right to resist. Some of us loathe to bow to a system that would remove our “right…to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”. Just because something is “new”, doesn’t mean it is superior. Some truths are eternal. Some are worth preserving, at all costs.

How many tyrannical and unjust systems that were “different” have we suffered from? Were not Hitler and Stalin promulgating “different” social structures? Would you blithely accept such concepts simply because they were “different” from the old order? Some things have a dignity and a worth that is not only worth remembering, but worth sustaining.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Originally posted by Wotan
Ref: The constitution.

How many years ago was that? Move on, dont live in the past. We are now in a totally different world.

Maybe you believe that, but many of us don’t. Some of us still believe that “We hold these truths to be self-evident…” Many of us believe that the ideas of Liberty and Justice are still relevant. And we still believe that when “Government becomes destructive” we have a right to resist. Some of us loathe to bow to a system that would remove our “right…to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”. Just because something is “new”, doesn’t mean it is superior. Some truths are eternal. Some are worth preserving, at all costs.

How many tyrannical and unjust systems that were “different” have we suffered from? Were not Hitler and Stalin promulgating “different” social structures? Would you blithely accept such concepts simply because they were “different” from the old order? Some things have a dignity and a worth that is not only worth remembering, but worth sustaining.

I am sorry, but that is the biggest pile of C*** i have seen written. Who are you deluding? Who are you trying to convince?

The Constitution may have meant something when it was first written, but it means absolutely Jack S*** nowadays. How many of the 'Original' parts of the Constitution do you REALLY think are relative today?

I am sorry but I dont think I will ever understand Americans over this Constitution thing.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join